SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What tail lights are these?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-05, 02:56 PM
neoprelude
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with JDM soarer 100 percent, why do we have to have this BS talking I get that enough about my SC on other forums (non lexus). When I get on here i'm not biting my tongue on what to post knowing someone will have some negative comment. But at least I thought with fellow lex brothers that everybody gives their 2 cents, but not in a smartass way even if they don't have the same taste or point of view (Example: those rims arn't for me but if you like them go for it) or something along the lines. I really don't want to see CL stoop down to some of these other flaming forums, the goal is to share idea's and thoughts and try helping other members / get help from other members. Not some my dad can beat up your dad bull****.

Just my opinion sorry if it seems rude, but i'm just being blunt and honest about what I see.
Old 07-09-05, 04:57 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jdmsoarer
This car belongs to me and the pic was taken in its early stages when i couldnt get staggered rims yet. Hey "SPOILED KID" im so sorry i couldnt make my car up to your standards. Maybe if i was a spoiled kid my parents could buy me all those supposed parts you have in your sig. At least there are pics and threads to back my car up. Well if you do have everything u claim to then you are indeed a very lucky "kid", but only ignorant and jealous people make negative comments about other peoples cars. At least my car was bought and built up with my own hard earned money. Can u say the same?? I think not. Oh and heres a current pic from Hot Import Daze here in Hawaii. I hope my car meets up to all your standards. BTW those Tenzo seats u have in your "car" is the only thing thats "RICER" in this thread. What are you driving , a honda or a lexus?

Dude your car is AMAZING, I thought it looked killer in your sig but those side shots of it are NUTS!!!. What kind of wheels are those they set off the SC Sooo Nice.
Old 07-09-05, 07:39 PM
jdmsoarer
Pole Position

Default ........

Originally Posted by LasVegasGS
Dude your car is AMAZING, I thought it looked killer in your sig but those side shots of it are NUTS!!!. What kind of wheels are those they set off the SC Sooo Nice.

Thanks man. The rims are SSR Professors.
Old 07-09-05, 09:07 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do you drive on the street with those japanese license plate???? hahahhaa, yes yes I know it is only for shows!
Old 07-09-05, 11:55 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jdmsoarer...

your car is freakin beautiful man!

Old 07-10-05, 11:32 AM
TWISTED II
Pole Position

wow, that car is beautiful.

X 1,000
Old 07-10-05, 02:52 PM
tjj13401
Rookie

Yes indeed beautiful job. As the owner of a '95 SC400, black, I'm envious. So: Give us all a breakdown on how to "clear out" those taillights. I want to be your Tampa Bay copycat.
That's about all I can afford after the suspension fix....

TJ
Old 07-10-05, 02:58 PM
TWISTED II
Pole Position

shotgun on being the chicago copycat
Old 07-10-05, 03:17 PM
BMwhat?
Lead Lap

hey jdmsoarer what island are you from? a friend of mines live in honolulu and she tells me about a really nice black sc she sees all time. but ive been there many times and ive never seen 1 single sc around town. i was thinking about moving there and i thought i'd be the only black one....
Old 07-10-05, 08:38 PM
jdmsoarer
Pole Position

Default ...maybe a solution

just do a search there are tons of writeups on how to clear the lights..thats how i got the idea to do mine. Basically u put the lights in the oven and bake them till the glue is soft then rip them apart. Next pul out the amber pieces inside and viola..

oh and i live in Honolulu also on the island of Oahu. Maybe the car ur friend is seeing is mine. I dont see many other modded black sc's around. ONly like 2 or 3 but they only have rims and a drop. Sadly if she still sees the car around it is being driven by someone else because i just sold it last week...
Old 07-10-05, 09:02 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmsoarer
just do a search there are tons of writeups on how to clear the lights..thats how i got the idea to do mine. Basically u put the lights in the oven and bake them till the glue is soft then rip them apart. Next pul out the amber pieces inside and viola..

oh and i live in Honolulu also on the island of Oahu. Maybe the car ur friend is seeing is mine. I dont see many other modded black sc's around. ONly like 2 or 3 but they only have rims and a drop. Sadly if she still sees the car around it is being driven by someone else because i just sold it last week...
Ryan, too bad you had to sell it, but it is for the better in the long run. I hope you can still come out to the shows to support the rest of us. Also, I saw your car last week parked in front of my work building near Lexus. Did you sell it to a Lexus worker? Maybe the new owner was getting some work done at Lexus?

Also, I'm surprised the other poster only aw 1 SC in town. I see tons of them everyday on my way to work. Most are stock though. That is one reason why I too will be selling my SC4 probably next year.

Chris
Old 07-10-05, 10:12 PM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

damn...I would never be able to sell something like that if it was mine. What a work of art!
Old 07-11-05, 07:58 PM
jdmsoarer
Pole Position

Default ...

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Chris.. u know how it is with priorities n shiet..hehe i wanna get a house in about a year and selling the car has got me just that much closer. With another 10 g's and with the rest i have saved ill have a fat down payment.
Old 04-07-07, 09:27 AM
silencer92
Rookie

JDMSOARER: I like your car ALOT! Nice job working for all the parts. See? ANybody can make their car better, but the one who WORKS for his/her's, gets that warm feeling inside knowing that THEY made it happen. Not $100,000 of inherited money from your grandpa.
Old 07-08-08, 08:09 PM
Da Cuz
Driver School Candidate

New to the site, i would like to know exactly how u got those lens to be clear light that. can i get a step by step example. thanks.

Quick Reply: What tail lights are these?