SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Stages in my cars life...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-05 | 08:13 AM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

That Tangerine Kandy looks really good So Shiny~!
Old 07-12-05 | 08:24 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

To much, can't say that Im a fan of oversized wheels or handling hampering excessive drops. But I guess that particular SC had no intention of being a road hugger.

To each his own I guess. Imo would of looked better with a performance oriented suspension, and a racy lightweight wheels. But oppinions are like aholes..
Old 07-12-05 | 09:10 AM
Din
Lexus Champion

the oringal color i duno what the excate name is. Dont get confused the 1st picture is orginal color. Pictures 2,3, and 4 are after the kandy apple red paint job.

thanks everyone for the nice comments.
Old 07-12-05 | 09:55 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

The car still looks awesome.
How do you keep it looking so good?
Old 07-12-05 | 09:58 AM
Khaos
Pole Position

That is one slick looking SC!
Old 07-12-05 | 11:14 AM
Din
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Richie
The car still looks awesome.
How do you keep it looking so good?
i only wash it every other week. I think its the kandy paint that makes it look like its alwasy clean and shiny.
Old 07-12-05 | 11:17 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by Inabj2
To much, can't say that Im a fan of oversized wheels or handling hampering excessive drops. But I guess that particular SC had no intention of being a road hugger.

To each his own I guess. Imo would of looked better with a performance oriented suspension, and a racy lightweight wheels. But oppinions are like aholes..
Whereas LEXUS would say you are trying to make a luxury car something it is not. To each his own, indeed.
Old 07-12-05 | 12:11 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

very nice....good job!!
Old 07-13-05 | 06:40 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Whereas LEXUS would say you are trying to make a luxury car something it is not. To each his own, indeed.
Id turn around and call Toyota its parent company a hypocrite indeed. cough* soarer cough*

Im just slowly (albeit very very slowly... but hey youre welcome to contribute to teh cause! )but surely trying to harness the hidden potential of this car given the great chassis a weight reduction major engine and suspension/brake/wider wheels and stickier rubber upgrade I see this thing becoming a great performance car matching if not besting todays top sports cars in almost any price range... well almost... Imo lexus wasted and watered down a great chasis, at least it shoulda given us an amg like trim level like mercedes does.

Im not making a luxury car something it is not, Im merely trying to remove artificial shackles placed in a awesome platform with its true potential buried somewhere inside the crappy tranny to soft of a suspension, underpowered engine and to small of tires and weighed down by uneccesities like power seats in fact I think a class leading for its time interior could be kept if you just remove some extra accesories. Brakes... are not perfect but theyre adequate.

In fact id argue it makes a so so, mediocre luxury car:

*Puts luxory driver snob shoes on*

Although the suspension is to soft for my likings its definitively to harsh to be a true luxury car, its rather constricted interior room even for a 2+2 coupe, come on my 240sx back seats arent much worse off! wheres my headroom? Goodness im 5'11 n half and I can't get the propper sitting possition withough messing up my hair! I feel sorry for someone thats actually tall trying to drive this car!. And has anyone actually tried to drive this thing with a helmet?! lol talk about a bad case of having to lean your head sideways! ..Oh Im supposed to lean back? silly me what am I thinking! And for luxury car standards its definitively could be quieter especially at mid range rpm (im not complaining but im wearing snob shoes right now! ) And although I believe most luxury car makers believe its drivers all suffer from excessively weak wrists since they theoririze that someone that can afford such a car has not lifted anything heavier then the pen used to write checks with (ok so its a slightly heavier fountain pen!), its steering wheel is definitively to soft for true luxory car standards! (Im not complaining im just pointing somethings out! Im glad it has a slightly harder steering feel then normal... for the class!!!).

*Takes snob shoes off*

Given its compromises it made in the luxury department It seems to me (although I do have a twisted and abnormal way of seeing things.) That Toyota and Lexus were striving to make a sport-luxury rather then a full luxury car when they were thinking of the SC coupe. However It is in my personal oppinion that they did not finish the job, I see where they were going with this car, in my mind to me the sc300/400 should of been to the Supra, what the Infiniti G35 coupe is to the Nissan 350z. A longer wheel base 2+2 coupe with slightly more comfortable ride counterpart to the pure sports car or a sports car for the guy that needs a tad bit more practicality. Its just that unfortunately they came up short in this quest, instead they got a car that made the compromises necessary in the luxury department but then... well you get my point. At least they came closer to achieving their vision in japan unfortunately as it is ussual in the car bussiness Americans yet again got short changed. I just hope to one day eventually finish the job in my car that Toyota started.

But thats my own way of seeing this car, and even though the car posted here is definitively not my cup of tea, I still give the owner props up for sticking true to his vision and can honestly say good job in staying faithful to what you had visioned! you have achieved a lot more then I been unable to do, and for your intended purpose you had with this car it certainly succeded very well!
And for the record even though it probably sounds like I hate the sc300 with a passion, I freaking love the car. Well actually its more like a love-hate thing going on here with mine, but im sure theres more love then hate...

wow this post turned out longer then I anticipated, for that I apologize. And Im sorry for the thread hijack!. Back on topic... how do you place on the shows on average?

Last edited by Inabj2; 07-13-05 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-13-05 | 11:34 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

I like it what did you do with the 97 parts since you switched to the vertex copy
Old 07-13-05 | 11:43 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Din
im ready to sell. Just havent put it out forsale yet.
Din, i've said it once and i'll say it again. CANOVERS are calling my name. Hook it up!

we've had this conversation many times.... lol
Old 07-13-05 | 12:33 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

sold the 97 parts to OLT hes been asking me for awhile now.

haha , i think the canovers gonan stay on the car when i sell it.
Old 07-14-05 | 12:16 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Din
sold the 97 parts to OLT hes been asking me for awhile now.

haha , i think the canovers gonan stay on the car when i sell it.
well, if you EVER change your mind... i've got some TEIN CS's you can switch out...
Old 07-14-05 | 01:23 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Inabj2 I agree on all points about "toyota" and "soarer" . It's the words "lexus" and "sc" I don't see in the performance section. Peter Scott has done many tests of the active Soarer and shown it's amazing performance, unlike the watered down american Sc.