SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/400 Replaced Headlights and Blue Cut-off line

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-05 | 11:48 PM
KrazeMatik
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by indypwr
you mean this.........?

now yours looks blue and IronCobra looks more of a green color still looks good but in one of the pic his passenger is much blue when the driver side is green then i guess he change it to both green, not complaining i still like it
Old 07-21-05 | 07:37 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KrazeMatik
now yours looks blue and IronCobra looks more of a green color still looks good but in one of the pic his passenger is much blue when the driver side is green then i guess he change it to both green, not complaining i still like it
Actually, I was changing settings on my camera to try and show the blue cut-off. I didn't change anything to green. They don't have ANY green in them at all. They have a distict blue cutoff line and everything under that cut-off line is white... I'll try to take a better picture. Also, I don't want them to look solid blue, they looked like that before I replaced the headlights. I want the blue hue at the top of the cut-off.

Last edited by IronCobra; 07-21-05 at 08:01 AM.
Old 07-21-05 | 07:43 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Here is a non enhanced picture. If you see any green, that is probably from the wall or the ambient lighting.

Attached Thumbnails SC300/400 Replaced Headlights and Blue Cut-off line-bettershot.jpg  

Last edited by IronCobra; 07-21-05 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-21-05 | 08:40 AM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

looks pretty nice bro........good work!
my lights dont look like the ones i just posted. i used to have 4300k standard bulb (85122) before but i changed to (85123) bulbs. i have not taken any pics yet but accrdg to some members here that hs seen my lights, thy look more like benz ....a slight purple hue to it with 'white'....

i shud take pics one of these days...
Old 07-21-05 | 09:05 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by indypwr
looks pretty nice bro........good work!
my lights dont look like the ones i just posted. i used to have 4300k standard bulb (85122) before but i changed to (85123) bulbs. i have not taken any pics yet but accrdg to some members here that hs seen my lights, thy look more like benz ....a slight purple hue to it with 'white'....

i shud take pics one of these days...

I'd like to see them. I was going to do a retrofit, but I had an old headlight that I tried to take apart and almost destroyed the thing trying.. I didn't want to risk it. Now that my new headlights produce a similar look, I'm not going to change them one bit.

Thanks for the kind words!

Last edited by IronCobra; 07-21-05 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-21-05 | 11:34 AM
KrazeMatik
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IronCobra
Here is a non enhanced picture. If you see any green, that is probably from the wall or the ambient lighting.

now thats wat im talking about thats nice looks even better keep up the good work!
Old 07-22-05 | 09:34 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

I would have to say that my new OEM headlights are just as bright as a retrofit. I pulled up next to a new E500 Mercedes with HIDs and you could not tell the difference in brightness. My car actually created that "eclipsing" effect over his headlights when I was passing him. It was awesome. The cut-off line appeared to be just as good. I love driving down roads with trees on each side so I can see the clean cut-off line. I also had a friend who drove the car towards me and it was awesome to see the fluttering and light shift. I might try and film it if someone could host it for me.

This is an awesome OEM upgrade to do!
Old 07-22-05 | 12:27 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

I am thinking of ordering 5000k HIDs from Hella and was wondering if I would notice much of a difference in the color or sharpness if I used the different lens. They are bright white sooo..... would it add any blue? thanks!
Old 07-22-05 | 02:37 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRD_Power
I am thinking of ordering 5000k HIDs from Hella and was wondering if I would notice much of a difference in the color or sharpness if I used the different lens. They are bright white sooo..... would it add any blue? thanks!

If you order new headlight assemblies, you should get a slight blue hue right on your cut-off line. I am running a 6000k kit and I get a very deep blue hue on my cut-off line.
Old 07-23-05 | 07:57 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Default Finally have some good night pics!!!!!

Now this is a cut-off line!!!! This is what my headlights now look like!! The cut-off line is much sharper than what you see in the pictures, I had the exposure set very high.

Old 07-23-05 | 09:16 PM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

DAYMN!! looks nice!!

sorry if this is a dumb (obvious) question...so even tho these replacement headlights are for 97+ SCs, they'll fit on older ones right? I'm assuming yes, since I don't think there's anything different, but I thought I'd ask.....
Old 07-23-05 | 09:55 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cheungsta
DAYMN!! looks nice!!

sorry if this is a dumb (obvious) question...so even tho these replacement headlights are for 97+ SCs, they'll fit on older ones right? I'm assuming yes, since I don't think there's anything different, but I thought I'd ask.....
You are correct, they will slide right in..
Old 07-24-05 | 09:03 PM
SCV8
Instructor

I'd be interested in seeing what the actual difference is on the lense' contour, and whether or not it's just a polished version of the older lense(diffused/frosted surface).
In most lighting situations the sharp cutoff, and coloring is undesireable and tuned out with the lenses.
Great research on the lights.
I still want to see an Audi A8 LED headlight.
Old 07-24-05 | 11:17 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SCV8
I'd be interested in seeing what the actual difference is on the lense' contour, and whether or not it's just a polished version of the older lense(diffused/frosted surface).
In most lighting situations the sharp cutoff, and coloring is undesireable and tuned out with the lenses.
Great research on the lights.
I still want to see an Audi A8 LED headlight.
I'd bet that there was a bigger change than just the surface because I had no blue cut-off line at all with my old headlights. I can understand it affecting the sharpness, but not adding color.
Old 07-25-05 | 06:46 PM
KrazeMatik
Lexus Test Driver

hey u think u can show us some step by step this looks really good i mean can u show me the lens u change and how u change it.. another question how much to change the lens?

Quick Reply: SC300/400 Replaced Headlights and Blue Cut-off line