SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

opinions on these wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-05, 10:04 AM
white ice
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions on these wheels?

any thoughts. looking to go with 18x8's with bfg g-force sport kdw for the shoes on a 96 sc3
Attached Thumbnails opinions on these wheels?-emr330.jpg  
Old 07-24-05, 10:09 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ghetto-fabulous.
Too blingy.
Old 07-24-05, 10:17 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by white ice
any thoughts. looking to go with 18x8's with bfg g-force sport kdw for the shoes on a 96 sc3
I could picture those on a S500 bens, or perhaps a 7 series BMW.. Not a SC....

sorry

Get these and I'll be your best friend!! 18s or 19s would look HOT!

Old 07-24-05, 10:23 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 322 Likes on 233 Posts

There's too much going on in those rims you have picked out, check the last one on IronCobra's post on any SC.
Old 07-24-05, 01:40 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting style, if your going for "bling" then do it, however, in my opinion there are much classier wheels for our cars...

Also- those sizes will look WEAK- wider and lower offsets are a must (once again, IMO).
Old 07-24-05, 02:49 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

^ Agree'd all of the wheels posted thus far will look pretty weak as far as size/offset goes.
Old 07-24-05, 03:24 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

sorry but being honest.... they look horrible! Check out some nice BBS style wheels or 5 spokes.
Old 07-24-05, 03:39 PM
dinh626
Pole Position

I belive rims really make a car...if you wanna make the car look pimp, why not. its up to you.
Old 07-24-05, 03:54 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Guys, they were examples... There arn't exactly pictures of every offset of every wheel that is made. Gosh, you all are harsh.. Here are some ideas

I think for the price and the quality, they are great! just my opinion though..

Old 07-24-05, 05:04 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Price and quality?

Do you know how much those axis wheels cost? To get them in nice size/offsets you'll be paying 3k plus. Not to mention 1/2 of those wheels you posted are prototypes. Meaning, they don't actually make that size/offset for the public.

As far as quality goes, Axis is cast junk, period.

And also, sometimes the truth is harsh... but it's still the truth. Also, the guy ASKED what people thought of the wheels, so that means he WANTS us to tell him what we think. I think everyone here would be doing him a disservice by being "nice" and saying they like the wheels just so we don't come off as "harsh".

Last edited by JZZ30TT; 07-24-05 at 05:08 PM.
Old 07-24-05, 05:51 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JZZ30TT
Price and quality?

Do you know how much those axis wheels cost? To get them in nice size/offsets you'll be paying 3k plus. Not to mention 1/2 of those wheels you posted are prototypes. Meaning, they don't actually make that size/offset for the public.

As far as quality goes, Axis is cast junk, period.

And also, sometimes the truth is harsh... but it's still the truth. Also, the guy ASKED what people thought of the wheels, so that means he WANTS us to tell him what we think. I think everyone here would be doing him a disservice by being "nice" and saying they like the wheels just so we don't come off as "harsh".
Can you prove in ANY WAY that Axis "cast" alloy is junk? I doubt this is ANYTHING other than your own personal opinion, which you have been voicing to some extend recently.

You say rude and uncalled for statements in your criticism and it is below the standards that most members of Clublexus hold themselves to. You make it sound as if any opinion of yours is everyone else's on the board. You need to change your attitude or you are going to have many members not wanting you to hang around here anymore.

This is not your typical "fight" or "Public" forum, people here respect each other. Be polite and courteous when giving your opinion or leave.

I hope the moderators don’t think I’m speaking out of hand by saying this either.
Old 07-24-05, 06:00 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IronCobra
Can you prove in ANY WAY that Axis "cast" alloy is junk? I doubt this is ANYTHING other than your own personal opinion, which you have recently been voicing to some extend recently.
Can I prove Axis wheels are CAST? Yes. Can I prove they are junk? Do you kow anything about wheels? I'll leave it at that.

You say rude and uncalled for statements in your criticism and it is below the standards that most members of Clublexus hold themselves to. You make it sound as if any opinion of yours is everyone else's on the board. You need to change your attitude or you are going to have many members not wanting you to hang around here anymore..
Ah another forum etiquette lesson . I am within the rules here at CL. I'm not degrading anyone. If you don't like what I post don't reply. You posting this in this guys thread HAS NOTHING to do with the topic. You SHOULD have pm'ed me. I've been around longer than you think, I know how things work around here.

This is not your typical "fight" or "Public" forum, people here respect each other. Be polite and courteous when giving your opinion or leave.
OR you could try and not get so offended when you don't agree with somones opinion. Stop taking everything so personally. I'm sorry, Axis wheels are junk, just stating the obvious.
Old 07-24-05, 06:07 PM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by white ice
I think these wheels are sick. If you are going for a aggresive look, these fit the bill.They would look awesome with the Signature Aero kit that a lot of people didn`t like either.Don`t listen to the herd! If you want to be unique, you can`t let everyone influence you. You wouldn`t be asking these guys what cloths to were would you? Dress your ride the way you want to dress it.
Conformity sucks. Be unique. Let your ride reflect you.
Old 07-24-05, 06:07 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Whatever dude....
Old 07-24-05, 06:09 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SC400DAVE
I think these wheels are sick. If you are going for a aggresive look, these fit the bill.
what's agressive about them?

Quick Reply: opinions on these wheels?