SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Pulled over for my exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-05, 10:56 PM
dough boi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulled over for my exhaust...

Got pulled over tonight for my exhaust, its a Single exit Blitz Nur Spec.

I ususally make sure I'm next to rice rockets when I get on it, so if a cop hears he's more likely to think it wasn't my car. Tonight I was pulling out of a 7-11 parking lot, pulled out in front of a civic and I got on it a little. The 7-11 is about 300 yds on the big street from where I come out of the neighborhood, as soon as I get in the turning lane to turn into my neighborhood I see a cop lights flashing behind the civic, I get about 50 yds down the neighborhood street and the cops comes flying into my neighborhood behind me. I pulled over and he gets out, says "Car's a little lound don't you think?" And I say "Yea I just picked it up, it came like that was planning to change that out." Then he says "I pulled that civic over for it, but I noticed his exhaust was stock, so I came after you." Then he asks me for the papers, and I just have the papers the agent gave me after I registered/insured my car (I don't go to the DMV, I just take it to this place and they do it all for me). Then he looks at all the papers looks at my license, and I tell him my house is less than 1/4 mile away, I just took the car to 7-11, it has insurance from the previous owner, and I just added it to my policy a few days ago. Then he says "Well put a silencer on it, or change it out, or just drive it easier so it doesn't get so loud, and have a good night."

Then I went home with no ticket
Old 07-27-05, 11:10 PM
laxdude362
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that kinda sucks bro. At least you didn't get a ticket.
Old 07-27-05, 11:13 PM
Ace-SC400
Driver School Candidate

what part of cali are you from
Old 07-27-05, 11:55 PM
dough boi
Pole Position

Garden Grove, Orange County
Old 07-28-05, 12:01 AM
SuperiorSC
Lexus Test Driver

at least you didnt get the ticket.........but u must admit the car sounds pretty buff. if it makes u feel any better i got an exhaust ticket before i sold the car to you!!!! hahaha
Old 07-28-05, 12:10 AM
dough boi
Pole Position

hahaha, yea bro, i got off lucky, i was *****ting bricks, car sounds mean, i love it
Old 07-28-05, 12:14 AM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

damn...that sux...i must remember to take it easy around Garden Grove....*mental note to self*

Just curious...how loud is u'r Blitz Nur Spec, lets say, compared to Magnaflows?
Old 07-28-05, 12:29 AM
dough boi
Pole Position

Honeslty, I have nothing to compare it to besides my n/a rx7 (single exhaust 3in piping and 4.5in tip), where you cant drive 20 mins without your ears ringing, my turbo rx7 which is not quite so loud (3in turbo back including y-pipe, dual 3.5in tip), but very deep that it sets off car alarms, and my stock sc400. I've never heard another sc3/4 with a modified exhaust.

Mine does set off the more sensitive car alarms though. I've set off a few car alarms with this car, but it's nothing like my old rx-7 where I couldn't idle without hearing the warning beep from a sensitive alarm.

Maybe XS can chime in and make a comparison.

I'll see if I can get a sound/video clip up.

Last edited by dough boi; 07-28-05 at 12:35 AM.
Old 07-28-05, 08:18 AM
pilip99
Lexus Test Driver

nice! forget the silencer, make it louder! man i swear the blitz are pretty loud especially without the resonators, wait is your car an sc400 or 300?
Old 07-28-05, 08:40 AM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dough boi
Then I went home with no ticket
See, this right here is the difference between driving a Lexus and driving a Honda... damn I miss my Lex.
Old 07-28-05, 09:51 AM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, a cali cop let that fly? Your lucky
Old 07-28-05, 09:59 AM
SuperiorSC
Lexus Test Driver

ive never really heard a magnaflow but i have apexi super medallions on sc4 with 2.75" all the back ( no cats) and the sc3 with the blitz nur is 3 or 4 times louder than the sc4. hope the info is helpful......... the car is ****N LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Old 07-28-05, 12:18 PM
Lexologist
Driver

Originally Posted by got_trd
My sentiments are exactly the same....
Old 07-28-05, 02:24 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by got_trd
No kidding....but everybody now has modified exhaust....just make sure it's not loud(Yeah...right)
Or at least cruise in a range where it's mellow....this is what I do and I have Magnaflows....no problems yet(Knock on wood)...

I've heard Mustang Cobra's that are louder....and not to mention that annoying exhaust sound from those Harley's....
Old 07-28-05, 04:10 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

son of a b1tch in new york long island, pulled me over a month or so ago with my dual magnaflow with no cat (now i have a cat) and then took my papers and went back to his car. he asked me if i had the need for speed? and i replied no officer, thats just my car, it's always like that. then he came back to me after inspecting from his car and i expected a warning, the idiot gave me a ticket for loud mufflers and warned me that "your lucky i didn't give u a speeding ticket, or you would have been screwed" i dint wanna fite with him, but i honestly was doing 45 in a 40. i think it was kind loud off of a red light once it turned green.

Quick Reply: Pulled over for my exhaust...