Search this Thread

Old 07-29-05, 12:07 AM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC400DAVE
Its a Lexus.

could have fooled me...

I have to agree, when people ask what kind of car I have, I say Toyota. Lexus is just a marketing brand for higher end Toyota vehicles. In the end, they're all built buy Toyota.

Also, I'm usually a big fan of the wind deflectors but some reason I don't like the design on our cars not sure why...maybe it looks better in person. I'll have to check it out.
Old 07-29-05, 12:14 AM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boobstar
wow i just got my window regulator repaired at TOYOTA. yup a TOYOTA dealership that does not sell LEXUS vehicles at all.
Yup some Toyota dealerships do service Lexus. Manhattan Beach Toyota is one.A lot cheaper on services from quotes I have gotten.
Old 07-29-05, 12:26 AM
abboushi
Lexus Test Driver

ehh... pretty ugly but its all in the eye of the Beholder
Old 07-29-05, 12:33 AM
Gamer
Pole Position

The wind deflectors are a waste of time as they do nothing. They are there purely for looks, thats it.

Most people who by Soarers for import from Japan remove that crap (if installed) once it gets here. (UK)

JDM is not a mark of quality, they sell crap parts from time to time over there too.

For those that are hell bent on thinking thier cars are nothing but Lexus, does that mean you will never buy any TRD (Toyota racing development) parts for your car because it says Toyota on it ?
Old 07-29-05, 07:03 AM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JDM SC4
just like how your painted rims belong on a Honduh. bada boom! thank you very much folks....
So you're sayin my painted rims dont look better than stockers?

vs.

Whatever man, If I could afford some new 18" Volk 5-spokes, or even 17" TT rims, I would. But being a college freshman who pays for his own car, insurance, cell phone, tuition, housing, food, everything; I was looking for a cheap way to improve the looks of my wheels, and according to this thread, people feel I accomplished this pretty well https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=137608

Grow up man, respect my opinion, dont try to take low blows just because I disagreed with you
Old 07-29-05, 07:12 AM
MyScRuNmIa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Why do you guys like this?
yea i agre if my windos are down i want the wind in my face ..lol look ok tho.
Old 07-29-05, 07:15 AM
MyScRuNmIa
Pole Position

just like how your painted rims belong on a Honduh. bada boom! thank you very much folks....

whats wrong with painted rims?
Old 07-29-05, 09:29 AM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

Sorry guys, It`s still a Lexus. Try getting your Lexus serviced at Carson Toyota. Unless they are modding, no can do. They don`t service Lexus, they only service Toyota. It`s a Lexus guys
Not to jump in on this, but incase anyone else reads this and is thinking about getting their Lexus serviced / repaired at a Toyota dealership, the MAJORITY of Toyota dealerships WILL service your Lexus...I've either brought my car in or inquired about service at 6 Toyota dealerships since I've gotten my SC (which was only 7 months ago), and EVERY ONE of them will do it. I don't know about Carson, as that is too far away for me, but MOST other So Cal Toyota dealerships will service Lexus

Actually, I was at Claremont Toyota yesterday giving my friend a ride to pick up her car, and I stopped in to ask about timing belt / water pump....got a quote for around $800....not a bad price at all. Just thought I'd share

Okay....i'm done...peace
Old 07-29-05, 02:40 PM
Bane
Rookie

Sorry guys, It`s still a Lexus. Try getting your Lexus serviced at Carson Toyota. Unless they are modding, no can do. They don`t service Lexus, they only service Toyota. It`s a Lexus guys
Yup some Toyota dealerships do service Lexus. Manhattan Beach Toyota is one.A lot cheaper on services from quotes I have gotten.
So which is it?
Old 07-29-05, 02:47 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

OK guys lets please get this post back on topic and knock off the personal insults and picking apart wording. Nobody is going to force you to like something you don't here, but there is no need to ridicule an individual. That's not the kind of environment we want to foster here.
Old 07-29-05, 02:49 PM
Chris4.3
Lead Lap

Default back to topic

So yea...I think the deflectors are cool, I wish it were just blank but I dont mind the TOYOTA being on it. I might be picking up a set.
Old 07-29-05, 03:05 PM
groovinSc3
Pole Position

LOL this is great. JDM this JDM that. toyota this lexus that.

i like them.

and i agree with everyone that understands that their sc300 is an original toyota soarer (just without the RHD and turbo of course. hehe)

look at honda's. RSX's are Honda Integra's. same difference. personally...who cares. be proud of what u have. at least you're not taking a damn bus.

Last edited by groovinSc3; 07-29-05 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-30-05, 11:57 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Deflector's are practical just dont like the looks. Wow interesting opinions I like we should all get online on Halo2 and battle it there lol. I would trade my sc300 for the soarer anyday btw. I'm sure the GS guys would trade for the Aristo too. The painted rims beef got the prize of the day lol.
Old 07-30-05, 12:19 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

ouch...

But still ever so true.
Old 07-30-05, 04:06 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Wow a lot of ignorant posts on this thread. Do you knuckle heads really think I don`t know Lexus is the Luxury brand of Toyota and that some maintanence parts and fluids are interchangeable?
I lmao at your silly remarks boys. You so funny
P.S And by the way why don`t you all take all the Lexus emblems off and change them to Toyota so it matches the wind deflector.
Can you PLEASE explain to me what makes top model LEXUS sc300 better than it's Toyota counterpart??

No, you can't because it's not better.

So please, get over this whole Lexus is better than Toyota thing. Same company same parts.

Quick Reply: JDM style wind deflectors installed!!!