SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I love the looks of the SC.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-05, 01:51 PM
neoprelude
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I love the looks of the SC.

Nice summer day windows down, sunroof open, music blastin. Everyones heads turnin and eyes gawkin at the SC, for a 7.5k car it gets soooo many looks. I have seen people with cars 2-4x my cars value just stare at me drive by, its amazing. The sc's body and curves are just a beautiful sight to everyone, i've never seen anyone who hasn't liked my car! Whats not to like its sexy,rwd,has the 2jz and has lexus luxury! Sometimes though how much people like my car = jealousy = vandilism . But so far so good *knock on wood* and i'm glad I never got the 95 m3 I was gunna buy!! And i'll never have buyers regret since the book value is so much higher then I paid, I already got offers for 3-4k more then I paid and still wonuldn't sell it maybe if someone offered me like 20k (but that aint happenin and I DONT CARE!! cuz I love her), the 5spd sc's are so rare I guess and i'm glad I have the second to last year too So does everyone else get looks like you're driving a ferrari?
Old 07-31-05, 03:06 PM
balutsc300
Lead Lap

i love my car too but i have no ac stupid r12 glad to see that you love your car
Old 07-31-05, 03:22 PM
simonsays
Pole Position

i dont know if people are looking at me since i pay attention to the road.
i suck at driving, so i gotta see the road.
i hope people are looking at my car.
damn 5 speed manual transmission got me looking at the RPM gauge the whole time.
Old 07-31-05, 04:45 PM
neoprelude
Driver

Originally Posted by simonsays
i dont know if people are looking at me since i pay attention to the road.
i suck at driving, so i gotta see the road.
i hope people are looking at my car.
damn 5 speed manual transmission got me looking at the RPM gauge the whole time.
Eh, I rarely ever look at the tach did you just get your license or something? You just know by the sound of the engine RPM to know when to shift, it dosen't have to be exact. In fact some manual vehicles don't even have tachometers, once you drive stick for awhile you'll rarely look at the tach. The only time I do it is when i'm taking it up a little bit and make sure i'm not going too far up in the RPM.
Old 07-31-05, 05:26 PM
SwampFox
Rookie

Default You're Sure?

Originally Posted by neoprelude
Nice summer day windows down, sunroof open, music blastin. Everyones heads turnin and eyes gawkin at the SC?
Are you sure the people aren't just gawking at the driver with the blasting stereo?
Old 07-31-05, 05:35 PM
bizzy928
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SwampFox
Are you sure the people aren't just gawking at the driver with the blasting stereo?
Yes, I was going to mention that as well.

I do the same when people are blasting their music as well.
Old 07-31-05, 06:40 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah, I love the looks of the Soarer. That's why I'm thinking of upgrading from a 93 to a 96 (the US equiv. is the 97 update)... VVTi single turbo baby woowoo!! hehe
Old 07-31-05, 06:48 PM
advan7
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Soarer_25GTT
Yeah, I love the looks of the Soarer. That's why I'm thinking of upgrading from a 93 to a 96 (the US equiv. is the 97 update)... VVTi single turbo baby woowoo!! hehe
Oh how I wish I could say those words.
Old 07-31-05, 07:16 PM
neoprelude
Driver

Originally Posted by bizzy928
Yes, I was going to mention that as well.

I do the same when people are blasting their music as well.
I don't always have the music blaring, only about 1/4 of the time. And I still get tons of looks with a/c on windows up
Old 07-31-05, 07:57 PM
MitchB
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by balutsc300
i love my car too but i have no ac stupid r12 glad to see that you love your car
If you know somebody that will work on it CHEAP and/or do you a favor, I can point you to a MUCH better and cheaper solution than R-12.

Go to es-refrigerants.com and browse around. What you want is ES-12a Industrial refrigerant. This is an environmentally safe refrigerant that does NOT require you to change your O-rings or compressor oil. The molecules are larger than those of R-12, and this stuff gets COLD. I recently swapped my '99 system (R-134) over and my car was blowing 38 degree air from the center duct when I was done. In fact, I now have to set the climate control a couple of degrees hotter because the air is so much colder coming from the duct it's uncomfortable. Sucks, eh?

The only downside to this stuff is that most shops refuse to put anything but the "standard" refrigerants in. You need a friend that's a mechanic or knows A/C. Believe me, this is the way to go. I have done it to so many Toyota MR2's, I bought the 30 pound tank.

One more thing to get is a can of ProSeal. That's about 12 bucks, but it fixes 95% (or more) of any leaks you might have.
Old 07-31-05, 08:03 PM
simonsays
Pole Position

yeah i just got my license.
so i'm getting used to the hard clutch and shifting.
Old 08-01-05, 07:07 AM
Vaelsed
Driver School Candidate

Yea, i just got mine a month ago, first day i got it was the first day i drove a manual. I drove it home no stalls. I never had to look at the Tach from the first day. Maybe it just takes people different amounts of time to get used to it.
Old 08-01-05, 07:27 PM
JJG2005
Lead Lap

Yeah, I think definatley all of the younger people around here stare at my car as well... but also some of the older guys with nice cars... then there are all the girls
Old 08-01-05, 08:55 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was driving home last night on 283 from lancaster (for you PA boys) when i saw a car come up behind me and put on his four ways. kinda weird, i thought. i was hoping he didn't want to race, because i've gotten guys on that road before who wanted to rumble. most notably, a srt-4 neon when my clutch was slipping... i hadn't gotten to replace it yet so pretty much i had to be very careful or the engine would just rev up and smell. not so good for the car. anyway, these guys just came up beside me and wanted a good look at the car as i was driving. then when i passed them again later, they got another good look. i can't help but think its funny how people who have new 05 cars and don't get the kind of looks my 12 1/2 year old SC gets.
Old 08-01-05, 09:00 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a bone stock 92 with nasty lookin 92 rims so it doesnt turn many heads yet

Quick Reply: I love the looks of the SC.