SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Kantana KR-5

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-05, 02:03 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think they look alright. Katana has been around a while and I've never heard of any quality isses. None at all. I'll bet no one here has either. Best thing to do is call several dealers around the country. If no one has any negative reports, they're okay to try.

I do have an issue with 17's on an SC but I understand your wallet limitations. You can always upsize later.
Old 08-01-05, 03:16 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like crap to me. I see they copied some racing hart designs. gay...

Last edited by DETUNED; 08-01-05 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-01-05, 03:43 PM
groovinSc3
Pole Position

you get what you pay for...easy as that.

you should just save some more and wait. the feelings better
Old 08-01-05, 07:57 PM
2jzsc3
Lexus Test Driver

are you kidding? The offsets that Katana's make are not made for the SC. You'll be riding with your wheels tucked in unless you get some spacers/wheel adapters, but then again, thats too much trouble for some Chinese-quality made wheels. And when I say quality I don't just mean its strength, but I also mean its appearance. I sell these wheels to the Honda guys, the black on these wheels look like crap.. but yea, if you want a set, I can do it for $600 for 17's with tires!

Last edited by 2jzsc3; 08-01-05 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-02-05, 04:50 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jzsc3
are you kidding? The offsets that Katana's make are not made for the SC. You'll be riding with your wheels tucked in unless you get some spacers/wheel adapters, but then again, thats too much trouble for some Chinese-quality made wheels. And when I say quality I don't just mean its strength, but I also mean its appearance. I sell these wheels to the Honda guys, the black on these wheels look like crap.. but yea, if you want a set, I can do it for $600 for 17's with tires!
Now that we've heard from someone with experience on these wheels, I'd say they may not be worth the trouble. Again, if your wallet is tight, either wait to save more cash or see these as a temp solution. $600 for a set will buy only one wheel of a better quality brand.
Old 08-02-05, 06:55 AM
MyScRuNmIa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MyScRuNmIa
What do you guys think. about the Kantana KR-5 in black..19"KR-5
guy's who said anything about 17's! im geting 19",s an the guy im geting them from asured me that they would not tuck in at all that they would be perfectly flush with the car.. an i dont know what black you saw because tha black that i saw was a shiney black...w/e if i get them an they tuk then ...ill just return them. simple...
Old 08-03-05, 02:46 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not bashing on anyone's tastes here. I just think that these wheels are cheap and of low grade qualtiy. Casted rims . I'm not a fan especially when they have rip offs of racing-hart.

If you like them, then more power to you and good luck on your purchase.
Old 08-03-05, 05:36 PM
2jzsc3
Lexus Test Driver

guy's who said anything about 17's! im geting 19",s an the guy im geting them from asured me that they would not tuck in at all that they would be perfectly flush with the car.. an i dont know what black you saw because tha black that i saw was a shiney black...w/e if i get them an they tuk then ...ill just return them. simple...
Shiny black, but ugly back, IMO. If you want, I'll take a picture of the wheel displayed at my shop tomorrow so you can see if we're talking about the same black. I know for sure there's only 1 black for these wheels. They look alright from a distance, but up close, you can see immediately see how they're fake 2 pieces. And when something looks fake, they look cheap right?

if you're really gonna get these for your SC, good luck to you. keep us posted with the updates.

Last edited by 2jzsc3; 08-03-05 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-03-05, 06:05 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

gr5 looks best
Old 08-04-05, 07:29 AM
MyScRuNmIa
Pole Position

well from what ive been told, they are of the same quality as HP evos, if you guys say those are cheap as well..then im o with it, i have evos on my sc400 an i love them, an yea man do the fav an post the pic of the wheel from your shop..any ways i ordered the wheels last night they should be in by today so pics on the way..
Old 08-04-05, 07:45 AM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

i personally dont like them.. i might have gone with some stock gs wheels or supra tt wheels if my budget was that limited.. but good luck anyway post pics when you have them mounted
Old 08-04-05, 10:25 AM
2jzsc3
Lexus Test Driver

well from what ive been told, they are of the same quality as HP evos, if you guys say those are cheap as well..then im o with it, i have evos on my sc400 an i love them, an yea man do the fav an post the pic of the wheel from your shop..any ways i ordered the wheels last night they should be in by today so pics on the way..

I don't know who told you the quality is the same but its not. HP's aren't that great anyway, IMO, but they are better than Katana's. Katana's are made in China and HP's are made in Taiwan. Also, don't you see the ugly lips on those Katana's? I'll take a picture later when I feel like going to work, but definitely will have it by today.
Old 08-04-05, 10:35 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

be sure to post pics when it cracks.... or when you try to sell them. Hard to sell rims like that....
Old 08-04-05, 11:03 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

eeek... no offense again... seriously not trying to knock anyone here, but HP rims are crap too. Sorry.
Old 08-04-05, 01:40 PM
MyScRuNmIa
Pole Position

ok! have you ever had any?! Now tell me what makes a wheel crap. i have an i can say my ride is perfect an the wheels look sick, would any one like to disagree. here is a pic of my crap!
Attached Thumbnails Kantana KR-5-ride.jpg  

Quick Reply: Kantana KR-5