SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Sneak Peak of my work in progress...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-05, 08:21 PM
High PSI
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sneak Peak of my work in progress...

Hey guys, I've been a member for a little while now, but never actually posted any pics of my car. I snapped some tonight, thought I would share a couple. Before you comment:

1) Yes I know the rims are too small....they're just a spare set I pulled off my Eclipse (curent jack stand queen) while I look for a set of 19's.

2) Yeah, I need a drop BAD. That's being worked on as well...

Anyway, theres quite a bit more done to this car than the pictures show...I'll share everything when the car is a bit more complete. For now, enjoy the pics.

Old 08-04-05, 08:39 PM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car!

Jordan
Old 08-04-05, 09:23 PM
BMwhat?
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is that the AC front bumper? is it just a lip or the full bumper?
Old 08-04-05, 11:08 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

looks like the full AC kit to me...good choice..

you already know what else to do..
Old 08-04-05, 11:34 PM
laxdude362
Lexus Test Driver

Great color! Nice lights. Get to modding lol
Old 08-05-05, 12:04 AM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car. Its a shame that you felt you could not post pics of your car because of all the narrow minded people who would make ignorant comments on this forum. It seems if your car doesnt look a certain way then it gets slammed. you gotta have this and that for your car to look acceptable to these narrow minded individuals. IMO an SC looks great right of the showroom floor. Dont be a part of the herd. This world would suck without variety. Some people just got to put other people down to make themselves feel better. Again great lookin Sc
Old 08-05-05, 12:16 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400DAVE
This world would suck without variety.
uhh...what variety would there be if all the SC's were stock?

This person obviously has some nice mods and knows that you can't get a bodykit with stock suspension and small wheels...

Is that so wrong for him to post his knowledge of that before he posted the pictures?

Back on topic...cant wait to see which wheels you choose and the nice drop you'll have later one...be sure to update this thread later
Old 08-05-05, 01:21 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

looking good!!!! i haven't seen you post for a while now. welcome back!!
Old 08-05-05, 06:31 AM
High PSI
Advanced

Originally Posted by BMwhat?
is that the AC front bumper? is it just a lip or the full bumper?
AC kit with the front bumper slightly modified
Old 08-05-05, 06:41 AM
High PSI
Advanced

Originally Posted by laxdude362
Great color! Nice lights. Get to modding lol
Thanks! The low beams are a Phillips 5800K Plug and Play kit. A retrofit will come later, but for now I couldn't stand the look or light output of the stock headlights...plus I got a pretty good deal on the kit. Surprisingly enough, though, the cutoff on the stock projectors isn't bad at all. I've had the HID's in now for probably about two months, and I've never been flashed once. Driving down the street I find that the line sits right below the window of cars parked on the side of the street (right where it should be).

The fogs are silverstars (which look ridiculously yellow compared to the HID's).

Bumper lights are DIY clear covers with inverted LED's. I had the actual light housing painted the same color as the car when I had the kit installed...it looks very clean and flows with the car well, though I need to do a little more work on them. I'll take a few pics of those in the daylight and post them later.

Modding - the car needs it bad. 225hp in a car this heavy is too slow for me. My Camaro always felt like a slug compared to my Eclipse...now when I get in the Camaro for an auto-x after driving this car all week, the Camaro feels like a rocket ship. I'm looking into NA-T kits now, though I'll probably wait until I get my Eclipse squared away first.
Old 08-05-05, 07:32 AM
High PSI
Advanced

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SC400DAVE
Nice car. Its a shame that you felt you could not post pics of your car because of all the narrow minded people who would make ignorant comments on this forum. It seems if your car doesnt look a certain way then it gets slammed. you gotta have this and that for your car to look acceptable to these narrow minded individuals. IMO an SC looks great right of the showroom floor. Dont be a part of the herd. This world would suck without variety. Some people just got to put other people down to make themselves feel better. Again great lookin Sc
Actually, I never posted pics because I just never had time. Lots of people post pics of their stock SC's....never really seen anyone get slammed for that.

Regardless, stock SC's have always looked OK to me, but they never really evoked any emotion. The reason I got into SC's was because I was looking for a cheap reliable car, and I stumbled across a 92 SC400 . The more I looked into the cars history, reliability, features and technology, the more impressed I was, but again, the looks were always kinda blah. Then I saw some of these cars with an AC kit...I was in love. I then set out to search for a 95 Platinum on Black 5-spd SC300 (I figured if I'm going to put money into a car, I'm going to make sure my foundation is exactly what I want), knowing that the kit would be one of the first things I'd be installing.

Going with the crowd? I think there are a lot of people with good taste on these boards, and if you're looking for a clean, factory look there are only so many options (97-00 conversion, 97-00 w/ Wald kit if you want to deal with fitment issues, or the AC kit), hence why the AC kit is very popular. Regardless, I'm always true to myself and always make sure the car looks exactly how I want it to (front bumper on the kit, for example. The center bar didn't seem to bug anyone else, but it bugged me, so I took care of it)- to tell you the truth, I planned on just keeping the 17's on the car, even though everyone says you HAVE to have 19's. They looked pretty good on the car when it was stock. However, when I put the kit on and looked at it, one of the first things that I noticed was that the rims suddenly looked tiny, hence my decision and comments. If I post some side shots of the car before the kit and after the kit with the 17's I'm sure you'll agree.

Anyway, thanks for the comment. Hope to see some pics of your ride soon.
Old 08-05-05, 07:38 AM
High PSI
Advanced

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
uhh...what variety would there be if all the SC's were stock?

This person obviously has some nice mods and knows that you can't get a bodykit with stock suspension and small wheels...

Is that so wrong for him to post his knowledge of that before he posted the pictures?

Back on topic...cant wait to see which wheels you choose and the nice drop you'll have later one...be sure to update this thread later

Will do! I'm looking for something that looks very clean, very factory - something that the average Joe would think came as an option on the car. I actually think the 5-spokes I have on the car now fit the car pretty well. If they were one to two inches bigger, I think I'd be happy.

I do, however, have to be careful with the drop. The scope of my work involves visiting the occational construction site - I get looks now as it is ("here comes the engineer" ), it'll be even worse if I'm plowing the rock roadway as I come in.

I'm going to try to go with a slightly bigger wheel to help minimize the wheel gap while countering the effect the drop has on my ground clearance a little bit.

Last edited by High PSI; 08-05-05 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-05-05, 07:44 AM
High PSI
Advanced

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC
looking good!!!! i haven't seen you post for a while now. welcome back!!
I've been here, I've just been spending all my time in the classifieds sections.
Old 08-05-05, 09:12 AM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

great looking ride!

did you remove the vertical bar in the front AC bumper or paint it black?
Old 08-05-05, 09:28 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cloud9
great looking ride!

did you remove the vertical bar in the front AC bumper or paint it black?
i just noticed that as well...

Quick Reply: Sneak Peak of my work in progress...