Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You go to the local car meet on the weekends and ppl say "lexus made a V8?"
Old 04-12-07, 01:27 AM
Luin
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AWESOME THREAD!!

Originally Posted by lexsc3
-when you ride in another persons car, they scream at you for slamming there door since your so use to your SC door weighting 3X as much.
This has started with me! The other day I drove my step mom's 03 monte carlo SS and I slammed the hell out of her door!!
Old 04-12-07, 02:15 AM
574-SC300
Pole Position

I get asked too many times if I'm going to swap in a 2JZ then tell them I have one already and look at the puzzled look on their face when you pop the hood because its still a N/A motor
I was asked if it was a new 350Z when I was in the drive though
Recently ordered new floor mats at the dealer and I was asked why I painted my car that color and got in an arguement with the service guy that its factory paint(RSP)
Sunroof only like to open and close half way at times
Almost feels like doors need to open an extra 15 degrees
Accidently hit change CD instead of track and wait forever for it to change back to the previous CD
Spend hours trying to find a burn out bulb because you refuse to go to the dealer
Not much fits in your aged cup holders
Keep finding new things about your car every so often
Friends ask why everything, lights, windows, plastic on your car says Toyota when its a lexus
Get excited when you see another SC and your friends/family looks at you wierd
One simple mod takes ripping your car halfway apart and much longer then you expected
You have an auto and are always looking for 5-speed parts
Old 04-12-07, 03:28 AM
LEXtaSC400
Driver

Haha, funny thread.
I was parking at Starbucks the other day and a lady with a relatively new accord says "Watch where you park, I've got lots of damage on my car already from other drivers. You don't want to damage your new car..." LOL
Old 04-12-07, 05:25 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 391 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by 574-SC300
Get excited when you see another SC and your friends/family looks at you wierd
THIS might be the most accurate thing yet, everytime in the middle of a conversation I'm always like "MAN NICE SC OVER THERE!!!" And i get the freakin' weirdest looks from whoever is around me, then I proceed to stare at that SC for a long time instead of re-engaging whatever conversation we were in the middle of hahaahaha.
The following users liked this post:
Ezroni (03-23-17)
Old 04-12-07, 05:44 AM
atxishome
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

1. What kind of car is that?
2. "Damn, I shoulda joined the military - homeboy drives a Lex!"
3. A 5-spd in a Lex?
4. "Your parents must be rich!" Ugh I hate this one... I'm payin for this thing!!
5. "It's HOW old?!"
Old 04-12-07, 07:58 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by atxishome
3. A 5-spd in a Lex?
4. "Your parents must be rich!" Ugh I hate this one... I'm payin for this thing!!
5. "It's HOW old?!"

LOL i get these three the most.....especially #4
in my school all the kids get nice cars like new RX8s, Scion tC, Mustang GT, etc. lol my dad even said first day i got it "i think its too nice" (he drives an 05' maxima.
even though its nowhere near new, it damn sure looks like it!!!!
Old 04-12-07, 08:23 PM
Dr.Zeus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
If your needles are blue, because they are the only one's in the lexus world that will do it.
OLT always has a way of rubbing shEEt in
Old 04-16-07, 01:03 AM
uras300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a summarized version of this funny thread..

You know you're a SC driver if..

- You've banged your head multiple times getting things out of your trunk.

- People have commented on your nice "240sx."

- Your gauges are useless at night because needles are burnt out and you get excited whenever they flicker a little.

- Ricers ask you if you have a "2JZ" to which you reply yes (SC300 guys) and they start freaking out thinking its the GTE.

- People ask you why you have Toyota wheels on a Lexus.

- People think your "supercharged" Lexus is cool. Hence "SC" 300/400.

- You bought a 92-96 year model car & are currently spending all your money to make it look like a 97+ ..to the point where you could have bought the 97.

- You hate telling people how much you REALLY paid for your ride.

- When looking for after market parts, you dont look under Lexus>SC>300 you look under Toyota>Supra>TT.

- Your doors always get left ajar because it takes a lot of force to close them.

- People tell you it looks like a Honda Del Sol.

- Your needles are blue, because they are the only one's in the lexus world that will do it.

- People ask when you are doin the 2JZ swap.

- People step back and go WHOA baller! when you say you have a LEXUS.

- You know every new song that comes out because your CD Changer no longer works.

- Everybody out there asks you "Hey do you drift?!"

- Your a/c vent has the infamous cracks.

- People think its a 2000+ yr car.

- You complain about high gas prices, and yet you still run premium.

- You show everyone how your steering wheel folds down automaticly when you put the key in.

- When your on a romantic date, you have to recline the front passenger seat, because the rear seat isnt big enough, and there is a hump in the middle.

- You have to explain to everyone that you don't have taillights out, indicator comes on because you put later (kouki) models in.

- You continually tell yourself, "I'll do the BFI tomorrow..."

- Passengers trip-out on your door hinges.

- You have one seat setting specifically for when someone sits behind you.

- You get mad everytime it rains because that means cloudy headlights.

- People ask why you replaced the windows with Toyota windows.

- Passengers can't figure out how to move the seat back.

- You have scraped your front bumper from taking a dip too fast.

- Someone tells you, "Nice Solara!"

- You see the butt of your lowered SC sticking out from the throng in parking lots due to its length.

- You wonder why you have to press and hold the moonroof switch TWICE (second time is halfway) to get it to close all the way.

- When you have a cup holder next to your headunit that holds nothing more than a 12oz can and when you go to make your 1st turn, you have all 12oz. on your lap.

- When your passenger goes to change the track on the CD and they switch CD's rather than changing the song it takes a whole minute to get back to the CD you were on.

- You have well over 200,000 miles on it and say " I'm only half done".

- You look down and it reads 145mph and you swear you weren't over 120!

- You tell yourself everyday, "Damn I'm glad I didn't go for the BMW!"

- You hate telling people what year the car REALLY is.

- You are still impressed by how nice the car rides when you consider how many miles it has already ridden.

- You take your car to the stealership for some guaranteed work, get a loaner, and while you like driving around in a 2005 RX330 or ES330 it just doesnt feel as exciting as your SC. Your friends think you are nuts.

- You hate telling people how many miles are REALLY on the car.

- Stuff falling out of your pockets involves pulling over and moving the seat forward so you can get it back. If youre lucky enough to get it back without all that work, you're the man.

- Girls with cars that cost 2x or 3x what you paid for yours are impressed with your choice of ride.

- Your wife/ GF (or both) complains that they slide around on the seat too much when you are cornering hard.

- You wax your headlight lenses more than your paint.

- You keep dreaming about going turbo and saying "what if...."

- Your factory head unit is probably in a landfill somewhere by now.

- Your neighbor, who drives a new Ford F-150, thinks you're rich even though you paid something like 20% of what he paid for his truck.

- You actually enjoy the interior look of your car during a hot day because the climate control isnt blacked out.

- You have tried cleaning your headlights so much, that it takes under 2 min per side to get them out.

- When something falls into the passenger side foot well, you think 'aw crap' cause you cant reach for it until the car is stopped, and even then its a struggle.

- You constantly take off the negative side of the battery to reset the Engine Light (and Trac Off light) after punching your SC.

- You wondered why the hell would you have a cup holder slot but no cup holder.

- You press the ECT / PWR button like it was nitrous.

- You see how long you can play with the windows after you take the key out of ignition (about 30 sec).

- You have aging front seats but backseat is brand spanking new!

- The only time you let others drive your car is when you are **** drunk.

- You still dream about buying a Supra ..but you tell yourself that you saved money by getting an SC ..and then you realize you could have bought a Supra with all the money you put into your SC. doooh!

- The first time u get in it, it takes 10 minutes to figure out the glove box

- You go to the Toyota dealership, and the service rep tells you, "we didn't make that car" but you insist on buying parts from them for the '94 supra nonturbo.

- Your friends walk into your kitchen and ask how much drugs you've taken because you're baking your headlights in the oven.

- You avoid all bumps possible so your CD won't skip.

- Friends ask you, what the hell that noise was after backing up and driving foward and braking to which you reply, "ohh just my brake pads shifting..its normal."
Old 04-16-07, 06:15 AM
onejayzee
Rookie

haha good stuff. most of this stuff is true
Old 04-16-07, 06:34 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 391 Likes on 271 Posts

hahah good summary, but dont forget my favorite one...

"you're passengers ask you why the hell you have the HEAT on in the summer when you drive with the windows down. You have to explain to them that your car is retarded and lets the heat from the tranny and engine escape through the footwells and shifter consoles."
Old 04-16-07, 01:48 PM
LEXtaSC400
Driver

Awesome, a summary... now I don't need to shift through all those pages . I love this one: "You press the ECT / PWR button like it was nitrous." LOL
Old 09-13-07, 01:29 PM
greyBLITZ
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The summary makes it much better! I always get asked about that empty cup holder slot and everyone tries to fit their cell phone in their with no luck. And I always press the ECT like it was nitrous, just the act of doing it feels so cool lol. And I always get the shifting brake pads too!

I've never had anyone call my SC a 240SX, but its almost like an insult don't you think? This is a LEXUS!

Does anyone have a faulty volume control ****? Whenever I attempt to turn the volume down really fast, instead of decreasing volume, it blares it momentarily until it continue moving.

LOL, this thread is incredibly amusing.
Old 09-13-07, 02:06 PM
YerMajesty
Rookie

Originally Posted by greyBLITZ

Does anyone have a faulty volume control ****? Whenever I attempt to turn the volume down really fast, instead of decreasing volume, it blares it momentarily until it continue moving.
Me too! It's annoying! My attempts of lowering the volume while I'm on the phone does the opposite. Then sometimes if I forget to turn off the headunit after I'm done driving, once I start up again, the volume somehow goes to the max and scares the **** out of me.
Old 09-13-07, 04:47 PM
my_shaldan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know you're a SC driver if....
when you go to a SC meet, most SC's are automatic.
The following users liked this post:
Ezroni (03-23-17)

Quick Reply: You know you're a SC driver if....