SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

You know you're a SC driver if....

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-05, 09:36 AM
MRAD
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is so god-damn sad... every last thing posted here applies to me except the compressor (but I have an a/c problem of my own which is getting to be a real problem to fix) and the imprezza comment. My head still hurts, I just laugh at the Solara thing and I pop the hood for any *** that asks if the engine (on my 400) is a Supra motor... making them look pretty damn slow.how about these:

What does the 400 stand for, four cylinder?
I think your exhaust is broken, that four cylinder sounds to loud.
Why don't you switch it to stick?
Why don't you switch that V8 to a V6? (Because if I wanted a V6 I would have bought a supra)
If gas costs so much why do you fill with nothing but 94?
Why does the third seat in the back feel funny? (because it's not a seat... moron)
Is that an LS400, wow why does it have only two doors? (come on for god's sake, it says SC400 not LS!)
Is it good on gas? (Yes, I drive an 8 cylinder from 92, I get about 9000Km/liter... ****)
Are you putting lambo doors on it? (I was going to the day of my accident, now i'm going to after my a/c is fixed, probally will get to it the day before we are all forced to buy eletric cars)

If I hear another one of these I will lose it...
Old 08-20-05, 09:40 AM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

when people see SC, they ask you if its supercharged. i get that alot.
Old 08-20-05, 06:28 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

...if you have well over 200,000 miles on it and say " I'm only half done".

...when you look down and it reads 145mph and you swear you weren't over 120!

...when you tell yourself everyday, "Damn I'm glad I didn't go for the BMW!"

This thread is awesome!

Old 08-20-05, 10:05 PM
Dramon
Driver

You've got leftover turbo parts from the MKIV guys waiting to go on your car.
Old 08-20-05, 10:23 PM
neoprelude
Driver

Originally Posted by JLSC4
...if you have well over 200,000 miles on it and say " I'm only half done".

...when you look down and it reads 145mph and you swear you weren't over 120!

...when you tell yourself everyday, "Damn I'm glad I didn't go for the BMW!"

This thread is awesome!

Almost bought an e36 ///m3 myself, lol
Old 08-20-05, 10:44 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

IF............ You've ever said :

"Do you know of anyone who rebuilds alternators cheap?"

Parts guy: "Why??"

"My power steering went out today"

Parts guy: (confused look)
Old 08-21-05, 12:32 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by neoprelude
Almost bought an e36 ///m3 myself, lol

ditto

i heard some girl tell her boyfriend today that my car was the luxury version of the solara...needless to say, i set the record straight.
Old 08-21-05, 02:17 AM
Arizona
Lead Lap

"Whose del sol is that?"

For silver spruce guys
"Is your green" Is it Grey" Now silver" Teal?

"You have a lexus. Woah rich boy alert"
I sold my civic for double what I paid for this car

"Those are some serious door hinges"
Yet the driver side sags

What do you have done to it?
Whats a 1jz?
Hour long explanation of what a 1jz is, now i just say nothing bone stock leave me alone

Also had the 240 rear comment
Old 08-21-05, 03:36 AM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

On the streets at a signal light

SC guy: "Nice Supra! "

Supra guy: "Nice SC! "

Really happened to me today.
Old 08-21-05, 06:14 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 317 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by Idrewfelix
On the streets at a signal light

SC guy: "Nice Supra! "

Supra guy: "Nice SC! "

Really happened to me today.
I had the opposite man, I saw a nice sparkling white Supra Turbo at the tire shop yesterday. It was sittin on 18's or 19's, was lowered, and had a gigantic single exit exhaust. I said to the guy, "that's a beautiful Supra." He looked at me and said thanks, then shot a look at my Lexus and said "Yea, your luxury boat doesn't even compare to my Supra."

what a jackass.
Old 08-21-05, 03:52 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NYLexSC
I had the opposite man, I saw a nice sparkling white Supra Turbo at the tire shop yesterday. It was sittin on 18's or 19's, was lowered, and had a gigantic single exit exhaust. I said to the guy, "that's a beautiful Supra." He looked at me and said thanks, then shot a look at my Lexus and said "Yea, your luxury boat doesn't even compare to my Supra."

what a jackass.
What the hell? Thats messed up. I bet he probably didnt even own the supra and was just a troll
Old 08-22-05, 06:02 AM
melis
Driver School Candidate

most of these, ive never had [i dont mind, a relatively glitch-free existance works fine]. the doors definitely happen though; my friend has a POS nissan and im in the habit of slamming and she gets irritated and probably also kind of scared that the cars going to fall apart. but of course she only gets the passenger door shut on the first try maybe 1/2 the time, and she knows how it is.

i almost never use the trunk, but always get whacked on the head. but its hilarious when it happens to other people.

my remote locks havent worked for YEARS. since before i started driving the car. we never figured it was worth getting fixed, i just use the key and lean across the car if someone else needs to get in.

and lots of people dont get the 'its not new' thing. one quasi-friend and i used to talk about cars all the time, but when he finally saw the SC he asked if id 'broken in the lexus yet' [about a half year ago; at least it was kind of from a distance]. i just said that i hoped so, since it was about twelve and a half, and eventually he got it.. another time a guy at a gas station refused to believe it was a '92. i dont know whether he thought i was lying or just stupid.

i also get 'i didnt know lexus makes manuals' all the time, but that probably happens less to the people with automatics for obvious reasons.

and another manual-centric one: that damn cupholder. RIGHT BEHIND THE SHIFTER. i like my enormous fast food drinks, and that does NOT work, especially with stop-and-go. the big $0.99 plastic hook-on ones are a godsend.

/melis[sa]

Last edited by melis; 08-22-05 at 06:06 AM.
Old 08-22-05, 06:56 AM
GliTCH
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know your're an SC driver if...

- you hate telling people how much you REALLY paid for your ride

- your guage needles have been out for months and you get excited whenever they flicker a little bit

- you scream "SHE NEEDS PREMIUM DUDE! PREEEEMMMIIIUUUMMM...." while at the gas pump, letting your voice trail off, and there's no one there to hear you

- you hate telling people what year the car REALLY is

- you are still impressed by how nice the car rides when you consider how many miles it has already ridden

- you take your car to the stealership for some guaranteed work, get a loaner, and while you like driving around in a 2005 RX330 or ES330 it just doesnt feel as exciting as your SC. your friends think you are nuts

- you startle your passengers with "HEY... that's MY cup holder"

- you hate telling people how many miles are REALLY on the car

- stuff falling out of your pockets involves pulling over and moving the seat forward so you can get it back. if youre lucky enough to get it back without all that work, youre the man

- center console = no road head

- girls with cars that cost 2x or 3x what you paid for yours are impressed with your choice of ride ("yes, I drive a Lexus. if you only knew how much better of a deal i got you stupid ****. yeah thats right, go cry to daddy about your new Kia Spectra")

- friends, family and co-workers instantly recognize you driving around town and you hear about it later in the form of "hey i saw you driving around downtown earlier.. you were hauling ***"

- you are too involved with your own car to notice anyone you know driving theirs

Last edited by GliTCH; 08-22-05 at 07:02 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Ezroni (03-22-17)
Old 08-22-05, 07:17 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 317 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by melis

my remote locks havent worked for YEARS. since before i started driving the car. we never figured it was worth getting fixed, i just use the key and lean across the car if someone else needs to get in.
/melis[sa]
How true that is. My keyless entry hasn't worked in 4 years You know if you turn the key TWICE it unlocks the passenger door as well right (unless that is busted too)?

btw, welcome to CL!
Old 08-22-05, 07:35 AM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GliTCH

- stuff falling out of your pockets involves pulling over and moving the seat forward so you can get it back. if youre lucky enough to get it back without all that work, youre the man

- center console = no road head

- friends, family and co-workers instantly recognize you driving around town and you hear about it later in the form of "hey i saw you driving around downtown earlier.. you were hauling ***"

so true....
the same goes for the 1/2 way roof comment - that is just retarded...my IS300 didn't do that.

Quick Reply: You know you're a SC driver if....