SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

ac light and stereo installation status

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-01, 08:35 AM
new to lexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can't see the numbers, you're LCD is broken.
Example:

At night, in the cold. I turn on the car and the headlights and can't read the A/C settings. I take a flashlight and shine them on the panel, and I can read everything fine. Only problem was there was no light inside the panel. That is what replacing the bulbs will fix.
Old 07-20-01, 11:45 AM
claymax
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ac display lights

I just bought my 4 bulbs from the local dealer here in Lubbock. The parts guy was very polite. (That makes a grand total of one polite person at that dealership.) The part number LS400in520 lists is for a LS400 (quick, aren't I?) and we couldn't find the same number in the sc400's books/microfiche, however I/they believe they are one and the same.

I thought I'd fix the backlights while my Nakamichi deck is being repaired by the factory, allowing me easy access to the ac panel. I saw someone's post about banging on the panel and laughed.....................but, when I was stopped at a light last night I though, what the hell, so I gave it a light smack upwards from where the sound system usually sits and voila!! The middle section, previously dark, lit right up! I started laughing like a little kid. Couldn't believe it.

I think I'll still replace the bulbs since it's easy to replace with the radio out and they're almost 10 years old.

Now, if only someone can tell me how to smack the dings out of my doors........
Old 07-20-01, 01:09 PM
TonyN
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 82 Posts

That is funny, LOL.
I tryed hitting mine but it didn't work...
tony
Old 07-20-01, 03:34 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Newtolexus,if the blue sleeve really is still green,then i guess i would make my own color.

But when i go to get my bulbs i will specifically ask them about the colored sleeves.
Old 08-14-01, 10:23 AM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just uninstalling head unit (AC/Radio) at my apt parking lot. and I think somebody called COP(why), and he just parked at the lot and staring at me...it was not comfortable situation...wait I'm doing nothing wrong (he left though..)
Anyways, It was no problem till taking out AC/Radio units. but I couldn't figure out where the LED/lights are located. and now I found this posts and pictures, thank you. It'll help alot.
I'll work on some other time.