SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

WHAT'S THIS CAR WORTH?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-05, 07:12 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one owner means nothing, coulda been one woman owner who never changed the oil. The car is 13 years old and a manual luxury car, they are vauled less then automatics trade in and value wise. If it was a bit newer that would be a good price, but its a 1st year car, 1992!! U can buy twin turbo 300ZX that have more luxury options for the same price. 6500 is the tops that car is worth, and thats pushing it, cause no matter what or how nice it is, its still a 13yo non popular lexus, people that pay high prices now will push these cars right in the supra price range before u can blink your eyes.
Old 08-17-05, 08:02 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

umm, whats wrong with the prices going up to that of the supra? ill sell mine then. i say, if you really like the car, and its what your looking for, then buy it. of course, try to get them down, but only you can say how much it is worth to you.
Old 08-17-05, 08:03 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

I just dont wanna see people get acustomed to paying 7500 for 13yo non turbo cars, if that stands then next year this time they will probably be 14k.
Old 08-17-05, 08:07 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

That Teal SC3 is very very nice looking, just watch out with that radiator top tank because as from what I can see, I can see hairline cracks all over it. It's not too expensive to replace, just a word of warning (it's just one of them age/wear things). The rest of the car looks to be quite tidy!
Old 08-17-05, 08:12 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

but yes i got my car car cheap and visually its not pefect (leather, paint) but thats what i wanted, im not into bodykits, rims, big looks on this car, its all about whats going to be under the hood. I found a custom 8pt roll cage for $169 and ill probably go about installing that and will solve my interior probs
Old 08-17-05, 08:39 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

I think you've made your point.
Attached Thumbnails WHAT'S THIS CAR WORTH?-untitled.jpg  
Old 08-17-05, 11:50 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

i would pay $7,000 for that car if that was the lowest they would go. it is in very good shape. some people on these forums are trying to make the SC like the 240sx... cheap to buy, and efficient to modify. on the other hand, the majority of us tend to appreciate the quality and reliability of the SC, and dont mind paying for it. it is a very reasonably priced used car for what you get. as stated above.... if you like it enough, buy it.
Old 08-17-05, 12:10 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

lol real reliable, your saying that to someone whos car has been off the road with electrical problems for almost 2 weeks now. Again i love that car but the price is just high, mainly because a sports car dealership that knows the car is selling it at a premium. KBB vaule is only $6200...
Old 08-17-05, 12:35 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
lol real reliable, your saying that to someone whos car has been off the road with electrical problems for almost 2 weeks now. Again i love that car but the price is just high, mainly because a sports car dealership that knows the car is selling it at a premium. KBB vaule is only $6200...
It's selling at a premium because it's a very mint car and hard to find..... your argument is going NOWHERE.
Old 09-15-05, 11:27 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default buy it.

I'd off $7,300 because of the hairline crack in the radiator.

After you get that fixed, you should have a problem free car for a long time.

Originally Posted by Ohgeez
I'm in the hunt for a SC and came across this today. It's about 2 miles from my place of work and will be taking a look at it at lunch time. What are your thoughts?

Price: $7,900
Body Style: Coupe
Mileage: 114,000
Exterior Color: Grey
Interior Color: Grey
Engine: 6 Cylinder Gasoline
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Drive Type: 2 wheel drive - rear
Fuel Type: Gasoline
Stereo: Premium Sound System
Doors: Two Door

1992 Lexus SC300 Coupe~Rare 5-speed~1 Owner~Immaculate!~No accidents or paintwork~Non-smoker~Books & records~Htd seats~New Michelins~Cd changer~.................Inexpensive nationwide delivery and low APR financing are available. Please click on the link above to visit our website for more details, and to view 40 photos of this Lexus. We are pleased to offer for sale this gorgeous 1992 Lexus SC300 sport/luxury coupe. It is finished in Titanium grey over over a luxurious grey leather, non-smoker interior. It has never been involved in any accidents or had any paintwork, and has been Carfax certified. The exterior is nearly flawless, and has no rust, dents, or major scratches. It has been inspected, and runs and drives like new. It has new Michelin tires, new brakes, a new timing belt @ 98k, and a full fluid service. The A/C is ice cold. All of the power features function properly. All of the original books, manuals, tools, keys, first aid kit, cd cartridge, spare tire, jack, and service records are included. You will NOT be disappointed. Please feel free to call for more details, or to schedule a test drive. Thanks for looking.

Old 09-15-05, 11:57 AM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

wow that car is in perfect condition i would get it. luv the color too.
Old 09-15-05, 12:14 PM
sc.Fred
Instructor

I agree and would pay that price for that car.. of course try to bargain for the lowest price of course

it's a litte higher then KBB but if you look @ the pictures the interior looks sweet and the engine looks good and from the cat that actually test drove it, it seems like he likes it as well. plus, on top of that it appears to be in MINT condition and plus it's a grey on grey.. they're exactly like the blk/blk cars. they're a rare find and people are going to keep it @ that price because they know what they have.

i know some people on this forum got some smokin' deals on their SC but not everybody can have that luxury.

perfect example of supply and demand are AE86's.. KBB is max @ like 1400 - 1500 but you go to the AE forums and MINT ones are going for 3-4k easy
Old 09-15-05, 01:22 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

anyone notice the caked fluid near the brake master cylinder in the engine pic? mite want to look into that.
Old 09-15-05, 01:36 PM
laxdude362
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw that car for sale when I was just looking around a few days ago. It is CLEEAAAN! The more I look at it, the more and more I like it. You should def. get it. I would pay $7900 for it, but it doesn't hurt to negotiate. Wow great looking car!
Old 09-15-05, 01:36 PM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Car looks almost flawless, if you want to play it safe, get it checked out by a mechanic you trust, and do a car fax if one hasn't been done already. Remember it's worth it, if you feel it's worth it. And just like all the CL brothers said try and see if you can get it down a little. Brush up on your negotiating skills good luck

Here's some food for thought though..KBB value in my area(Northern Virginia: Metropolitan DC area)

Virginia • September 15, 2005
1992 Lexus SC 300 Sport Coupe 2D

Engine: 6-Cyl. 3.0 Liter
Trans: 5 Speed Manual
Drive: RWD
Mileage: 114,000

Equipment
Auto Climate Control
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Telescoping Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
CD Auto-Changer
Anti-Lock Braking
Leather
Dual Power Seats
Moon Roof
Alloy Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition: Excellent
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Private Party Value Search Local Listings | List This Car for Sale $5,840
Private Party Value is what a buyer can expect to pay when buying a used car from a private party. The Private Party Value assumes the vehicle is sold "As Is" and carries no warranty (other than the continuing factory warranty). The final sale price may vary depending on the vehicle's actual condition and local market conditions. This value may also be used to derive Fair Market Value for insurance and vehicle donation purposes

Quick Reply: WHAT'S THIS CAR WORTH?