SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

WHAT'S THIS CAR WORTH?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-05, 08:59 AM
Ohgeez
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT'S THIS CAR WORTH?

I'm in the hunt for a SC and came across this today. It's about 2 miles from my place of work and will be taking a look at it at lunch time. What are your thoughts?

Price: $7,900
Body Style: Coupe
Mileage: 114,000
Exterior Color: Grey
Interior Color: Grey
Engine: 6 Cylinder Gasoline
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Drive Type: 2 wheel drive - rear
Fuel Type: Gasoline
Stereo: Premium Sound System
Doors: Two Door

1992 Lexus SC300 Coupe~Rare 5-speed~1 Owner~Immaculate!~No accidents or paintwork~Non-smoker~Books & records~Htd seats~New Michelins~Cd changer~.................Inexpensive nationwide delivery and low APR financing are available. Please click on the link above to visit our website for more details, and to view 40 photos of this Lexus. We are pleased to offer for sale this gorgeous 1992 Lexus SC300 sport/luxury coupe. It is finished in Titanium grey over over a luxurious grey leather, non-smoker interior. It has never been involved in any accidents or had any paintwork, and has been Carfax certified. The exterior is nearly flawless, and has no rust, dents, or major scratches. It has been inspected, and runs and drives like new. It has new Michelin tires, new brakes, a new timing belt @ 98k, and a full fluid service. The A/C is ice cold. All of the power features function properly. All of the original books, manuals, tools, keys, first aid kit, cd cartridge, spare tire, jack, and service records are included. You will NOT be disappointed. Please feel free to call for more details, or to schedule a test drive. Thanks for looking.

Old 08-16-05, 09:20 AM
advan7
Pole Position

Wow! That looks great! Interior looks good as well!

I want a 5speed sc3!!!!!
Old 08-16-05, 09:31 AM
Ohgeez
Driver School Candidate

Hey the "mods" changed my SUBJECT TITLE.

Kool..........I guess that will draw more attention than my original title.
Old 08-16-05, 09:32 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

wow that car is pretty mint.. i love the gray on gray. Slap on a set of chrome TT rims, lower it, and 1jz, and u got urself a car.
Old 08-16-05, 09:34 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

that's a lot of money for a 92, but the car is cherry. If you are willing to pay, go get it.
Old 08-16-05, 09:40 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

yeah that is alot, but it is cherry. Id offer him 6500 since the leather is good.
Old 08-16-05, 09:41 AM
Ohgeez
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
that's a lot of money for a 92, but the car is cherry. If you are willing to pay, go get it.
Yea, that was my thought as well. I've got another 45 minutes to go before I take it for a spin.

A friend/co-worker of mine is coming along for the ride. He's got a harley and old musclecar that he restored so hopefully he can give me some good insight. His dad used to own an SC so he's got some knowledge of this car.

I've been searching for a few months now and most of the cars that I've come across (in this price range) have been crap. I know it's a 92 but I'm also thinking long term and from the looks of these pictures, the car looks great. But then again, they're just pics.
Old 08-16-05, 09:42 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

i got my 92 auto for 4000, but it wasnt that cherry
Old 08-16-05, 09:46 AM
Ohgeez
Driver School Candidate

I don't want to start a new thread so here's something else I need to look at. Whatcha think? A little newer and cheaper.

Price: $6,945
Mileage: 114,214
Exterior Color: Gold
Interior Color : Tan
Transmission: Automatic with Overdrive

Perfect paint! Not a single dent or scratch! Shows great! Fully loaded interior. A/C is ice cold. Too many options to list! Powerful, luxurious ride. Runs great and drives excellent. Smooth as silk! Very powerful. Limited time only! Must-see! Priced to sell! Special of the month! AM/FM stereo Cassette player CD changer Well maintained. Mint Condition. Aluminum wheels. Special offer! Bring in this printed page for internet price.

Old 08-16-05, 09:53 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

total investment in this car, mine, is around $4800.. lowered, rims, etc.... add $1256 for the complete 1jz swap sitting collecting dust in my garage.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175025

Last edited by VJ RC51; 08-16-05 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-16-05, 09:54 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ohgeez
I don't want to start a new thread so here's something else I need to look at. Whatcha think? A little newer and cheaper.

Price: $6,945
Mileage: 114,214
Exterior Color: Gold
Interior Color : Tan
Transmission: Automatic with Overdrive

Perfect paint! Not a single dent or scratch! Shows great! Fully loaded interior. A/C is ice cold. Too many options to list! Powerful, luxurious ride. Runs great and drives excellent. Smooth as silk! Very powerful. Limited time only! Must-see! Priced to sell! Special of the month! AM/FM stereo Cassette player CD changer Well maintained. Mint Condition. Aluminum wheels. Special offer! Bring in this printed page for internet price.

beautiful car, but i am not a fan of tan interiors, that gray on gray is beautiful
Old 08-16-05, 11:27 AM
Ohgeez
Driver School Candidate

Well, I'm back from my test ride. WOW!!!

This is an intersting dealership. They're called Windy City Motorsports/Sound Performance.
When I arrived, they were about half dozen modded supras, a few modded SCs, RX7s, TT 300Z and few other sweet rides in the lot. I guess they sell cars and modfiy them as well.

Anyway, the manager (I believe) took a copy of my drivers license, threw a dealer plate on the car, gave me the keys, and told me to take it for a spin. So, me and my buddy went out for lunch.

This car is absolutely in GREAT shape. It's a one owner car, had all the service records in the glove compartment, and also had the original emergency kit that comes with the car. The trunk looked like it was never used as well as the back seats. The clutch felt strong and engine was quite but strong. EVERYTHING worked. The only thing I didn't car for, was the rims but that really doesn't matter, those would be changed out next spring anyway.

My friend drove for a little while and was quite pleased. I take his opinion very serious because he is a "gear-head" and know his stuff.

I guess the only question is.............do I think it's worth the price........although I have not started the bargaining process. Part of me says.....HELL YEA......but I need to go look at a couple more before pulling the trigger.

The gold SC that I posted above is the next one that I'm going to test.
Old 08-16-05, 11:36 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

not worth that cost

my car was 2 owner and i have every service record for it, the window sticker, new driveshaft ,ujoints, rear axles, wheel bearings, ps pump and rack, AC 134a converted with new compressor, new battery, new alt, daizen front bushings, new tires on the OEM rims like that gray one, windows tinted, and all reciepts for em... and it was 4500obo and i paid 4. The paint wasnt the best but i did alot of work to it and it looks dang good now for its age.

Being that that car is 5spd should actually give it a lower value, its only higher cause your buying it from a speed shop type place and they know the 5spd cars are rare and wanted.

If you ever watched that movie vehecular lunatics, the guy who funded it and i think was the camera man, rasa partin, thats who i bought it from. He took a BIGGGG lost on it (and knew it)
Old 08-16-05, 12:16 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

you can easily find 5spd cars for 4-5k.. Automatics as low as 3k.

That seems low but then again how old are these cars??! Remember u can go out right now and go buy a 1998 LS1 camaro for around 7500.
Old 08-16-05, 03:33 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
not worth that cost
How do you figure? The first car, the 92' is IMMACULATE. It's 13 years old and looks that damn good......... and it's 5-spd which only adds to it's appeal. You're comparing your automatic car that's no where near as clean [post pics if you need to prove me wrong], which has had two previous owners to this car's single owner, that alone makes this car super sexy when it comes to appealing to a buyer. Also if I remember correctly there is a non-working 2JZ in your car, how much value did that add? Nuf said...... your comparison skills suck, and yes that car listed is worth the amount asked for it. It may not be worth it to you, but don't scare someone away from a great looking car at a decent deal. All this coming from maybe the king of cheap SC300s... I paid $3800 for my car. One lease owner, then a 2nd owner til' the day I bought it - complete service records, complete 100k mile service done - new everything. Bought the car with a 103,000 miles and yes it's pretty clean.

END

Quick Reply: WHAT'S THIS CAR WORTH?