SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Backed over my driveway curb

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-05, 11:05 AM
neoprelude
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backed over my driveway curb

Today woke up had to goto work half asleep, I pulled in the garage a little uneven that night so I was out of it backed outta the garage sideways went over the curb at the end of my driveway. Scraped the hell out of the side of my front bumper towards the bottom. So the only flaw on the car is the front bumper which includes: Rock chips, Mark from the tagholder was, curb rash on the side(was there before), NOW curb rash on the bottom and a scratch/gash a few inches long where a car tapped the bumper when I had it parked. Oh well I figure i'll either get a body kit, or the 97+ conversion and it already had tons of flaws anyways on the f. bumper. I'm just glad I didn't get it fixed from all the other flaws then do it then i'd be extremely pissed lol...
Old 08-17-05, 11:25 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get some touch up paint from the dealer and relax.
Old 08-17-05, 11:39 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

my front bumper when i got the car was all f'ed up, the past owner had a bra on it. I just lightly sanded it (was time pressured couldnt do it perfect) and went to the local auto paint store and had em fill up spray cans of garnet pearl and painted it in a friends backyard in the wind and sand and rain was comming. Didnt come out half bad for a half a$$ job, it would be near perfect except for the fact the paint is still not perfectly smooth underneath.

total cost = $30
Old 08-17-05, 02:25 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by neoprelude
Today woke up had to goto work half asleep, I pulled in the garage a little uneven that night so I was out of it backed outta the garage sideways went over the curb at the end of my driveway. Scraped the hell out of the side of my front bumper towards the bottom. So the only flaw on the car is the front bumper which includes: Rock chips, Mark from the tagholder was, curb rash on the side(was there before), NOW curb rash on the bottom and a scratch/gash a few inches long where a car tapped the bumper when I had it parked. Oh well I figure i'll either get a body kit, or the 97+ conversion and it already had tons of flaws anyways on the f. bumper. I'm just glad I didn't get it fixed from all the other flaws then do it then i'd be extremely pissed lol...
If you're going to only get a front bumper, you should get the 97+ front bumper.

If you're going to get a body kit front bumper, get it all so it flows well.

You're looking at probably $500 from buying the bumper to getting it painted to installation.
Old 08-17-05, 04:40 PM
neoprelude
Driver

Originally Posted by Idrewfelix
If you're going to only get a front bumper, you should get the 97+ front bumper.

If you're going to get a body kit front bumper, get it all so it flows well.

You're looking at probably $500 from buying the bumper to getting it painted to installation.
Nope, my dad's friends with a guy managing a bodyshop. Around 300 for everything painted, good basecoat / clearcoat too.
Old 08-17-05, 04:46 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by neoprelude
Around 300 for everything painted, good basecoat / clearcoat too.
Well hell, do that then man! Screw the touch up paint. If for $300 that includes them removing and reinstalling the painted 97 bumper with grill and fogs then I have no words...that's the deal of the century...even without the grill and fogs it's still a great deal if they do all the labor (removing and reinstalling of the bumper) Congrats and good luck bro!
Old 08-17-05, 06:31 PM
neoprelude
Driver

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Well hell, do that then man! Screw the touch up paint. If for $300 that includes them removing and reinstalling the painted 97 bumper with grill and fogs then I have no words...that's the deal of the century...even without the grill and fogs it's still a great deal if they do all the labor (removing and reinstalling of the bumper) Congrats and good luck bro!
My dads a mechanic, we've had the bumpers off my old lude plenty of times. We can install the kit / remove factory bumpers. So it's just paint thats it.