SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

A/C Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-05, 01:42 PM
MRAD
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Problem

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could find the control module for the A/C on the Lexus SC400, I was having some issues and was told that the control module was burning out my A/C and Engine Fan relays by a shop I normally go to. The problem is that they do not seem to be quite sure about the exact location of the module in the dashboard and are talking about a massive repair job just to get to it in order to reach the "control module". I would appreciate any help I can get.
Old 08-18-05, 09:29 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MRAD
I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could find the control module for the A/C on the Lexus SC400, I was having some issues and was told that the control module was burning out my A/C and Engine Fan relays by a shop I normally go to. The problem is that they do not seem to be quite sure about the exact location of the module in the dashboard and are talking about a massive repair job just to get to it in order to reach the "control module". I would appreciate any help I can get.
what year. not to offend you or anything. but if the shop is asking you technical questions like that. imo go to another shop that knows what they are doing
Old 08-18-05, 09:36 PM
MRAD
Rookie

The car is a 1992, I am definitely not getting the car repaired there, I just wanted to know where the part is located so that I can have an idea about wheather this is really a big job or if it is just a case of replacing a certain chip in an easy to access area. With this info I can make a better decision about what to do, especially since my local lexus shop has a thief of a mechanic on hand and often does shotty if even at all done repairs (the next one is quite out of the way for me).

Perhaps someone out there has an A/C wiring diargram out there that I can look at?

Last edited by MRAD; 08-19-05 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-19-05, 11:50 AM
MRAD
Rookie

Ok, I did some thinking and searching, would the A/C "control module" actually be the main ECU under the glove box, or would it be a seperate unit? Any help would be greatly appreciated since I want to get this A/C working soon, if the cost to repair is to great I would just like to ditch while I still can and not invest that extra cash I was about to put into the car (custom turbo install, vertical hinges and suspension by a guy I know).
Old 08-20-05, 07:52 AM
MitchB
Driver School Candidate

The ECU can't burn out the relays. Don't waste your time with the ECU, you have another problem somewhere.

Take it to somebody competent.
Old 08-20-05, 10:23 AM
texsn95
Rookie

What's your email? I have 2 megs of AC wiring diagrams I can send.