SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Question about swapping Interior Parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-05, 07:14 PM
marek0rn
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about swapping Interior Parts

I was thinking of swapping out my old (and pretty much hacked up) Door panels for new (or at least better looking ones.

I was wondering if door panel from other year will fit mine.

I own a 95 sc300 with a Tan Interior.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-30-05, 01:18 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by marek0rn
I was thinking of swapping out my old (and pretty much hacked up) Door panels for new (or at least better looking ones.

I was wondering if door panel from other year will fit mine.

I own a 95 sc300 with a Tan Interior.

Thanks in advance!
fit.....yes
color matching is a little harder though, but doable
Old 08-30-05, 03:12 PM
sc.Fred
Instructor

this is a little bit off topic, but has anybody swapped out a entire tan interior for a black one? i would like to know how much it would run if i was lucky enough to find an interior and how much time would it take to install everything, i know it's going to be an adventure and a half!
Old 08-31-05, 03:57 AM
marek0rn
Rookie

Originally Posted by CantSeeMe
fit.....yes
color matching is a little harder though, but doable
exactly from what year ranges will fit?

im thinking about 92-97?
Old 08-31-05, 05:32 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

The parts are interchangeable from all years.

Fred, entire interior swaps are a lot easier than they seem. Yea, it's a big job because it will take some time. But one piece at a time and you can do it in one day, 2 if you want to take your time. Trust me on this, your best bet as far as getting the parts is your local junkyard. Find an SC with the interior you want, and ask for everything within the glass. Another option is to buy a junked SC with the complete interior but that's more of a hassle.

Tell the yard owner you want the entire interior and you'll be back with a truck. I did that when I swapped my blue (ick) Celica interior for dark grey. I got a mint interior, down to every last nut and bolt for $400. I miss the old days of cheap mods.
Old 08-31-05, 05:38 AM
Arizona
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CleanSC

I miss the old days of cheap mods.
Damn right. I miss my honda prices.
Old 08-31-05, 08:10 AM
TurboSC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sc.Fred
this is a little bit off topic, but has anybody swapped out a entire tan interior for a black one? i would like to know how much it would run if i was lucky enough to find an interior and how much time would it take to install everything, i know it's going to be an adventure and a half!
I did!!!!! If you saw my thread where we flipped over the smashed up platinum SC, that was my parts car for the black interior. It would take maybe 2-5 hours to get it all swapped over depending on how motivated you are.
Old 08-31-05, 02:04 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think probably the most difficult part is finding the SC with a mint interior at junk yard. Secondly, some yards might want to charge toooo much.
Old 08-31-05, 03:18 PM
VeilSideGS3
Lexus Test Driver

sc.Fred - My sc interior used to be all tan, and now is all black suede/leather...most of the plastic stuff I got OEM from LuxuryMods.com (i.e. center consolde piece, ashtray, seat belt covers,trim around the buttons etc.) and the rest of the stuff I replaced and got redone at an interior shop. Please see the below pics of my interior.
Attached Thumbnails Question about swapping Interior Parts-kgempkvupm.jpg  

Last edited by VeilSideGS3; 08-31-05 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-31-05, 04:57 PM
lsflame
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VeilSideGS3
sc.Fred - My sc interior used to be all tan, and now is all black suede/leather...most of the plastic stuff I got OEM from LuxuryMods.com (i.e. center consolde piece, ashtray, seat belt covers,trim around the buttons etc.) and the rest of the stuff I replaced and got redone at an interior shop. Please see the below pics of my interior.
Hey veilside GS3 what interior color code is that. I like it especially the burlwood. I love it man. I am about to forgo the black and tan and swap out my interior for all black.
Old 08-31-05, 05:33 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

this is HOT interior!!
Old 08-31-05, 06:13 PM
marek0rn
Rookie

DAMMNNNNNNN

how much did the whole thing run you?

Also time wise how long did it take?

Old 09-01-05, 08:34 AM
VeilSideGS3
Lexus Test Driver

isflame - There wasn't an interior code. I just asked the interior shop to make my interior black and I chose the materials to get it re-done in

kaotiq - Thanks bro...let me know when you need help switching out your existing tan pieces as well

marek0rb - If you are really considering the project be prepared to spend a grip of $. Cost me a few g's for the entire set-up. Took about 2.5 weeks to have it completed

Thanks for the comments guys
Old 03-27-06, 04:02 PM
marek0rn
Rookie

sorry for the revive of this dead thread but since the weather started to get warmer where I am I will now embark on this complete interior swap (from tan to black)

just a quick question...lets say that I also want to replace the screws and bolts that hold a majority of the interior to the body....do you think I could get them at home depot? or should I go to a dealer and get what they have?
Old 03-27-06, 05:41 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LM's SC is a perfect expamle of how SC should be modded...

Also comes in mind is CleanSC's car,,,

Quick Reply: Question about swapping Interior Parts