SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

foggy headlights. NEED HELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-05 | 12:31 AM
swollio
Driver

Default foggy headlights. NEED HELP!!!!!!

my sc400 headlights are foggy..... for some reason, air got into it...... bought it that way. Can someone post pics of how they cleaned it and sealed it back up. or explain it to me on how to fix this. thanx alot
Old 09-03-05 | 12:46 AM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

The search button pwnz
Old 09-03-05 | 07:45 AM
hitsolid
Driver School Candidate

Default Here's some help

http://web.ace.net.au/soarer/headlight_cleaning.html - Nice pics on this one

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...s+turn+signals

http://www.luxurymods.com/tutorial1.htm
Old 09-03-05 | 02:09 PM
pilip99
Lexus Test Driver

come on dude you have to search
Old 09-03-05 | 08:27 PM
swollio
Driver

Originally Posted by pilip99
come on dude you have to search
sorry, i'm a noobie dont know how to use this yet..... thanx for the infos
Old 09-03-05 | 10:58 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by swollio
sorry, i'm a noobie dont know how to use this yet..... thanx for the infos

dude, have you ever used a search engine? arent even familiar with yahoo? come on, everybody's used yahoo. It is the same concept. You can do it!
Old 09-04-05 | 08:53 AM
SCV8
Instructor

And if you get to a point where you have the headlamp apart, don't be tempted to wipe the housing with anything, the chrome-like finish is very soft and scratches like crazy.
Old 09-04-05 | 08:41 PM
dpark500
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down He's asking for an answer, Jackass

Seems a large percentage of the posters in this forum have no useful advice to offer other than "Search the archives" . In the same amount of time it takes to post that smartass response, you could give an answer to the question. If you don't want to help, don't even answer.
Go to an adult forum, such as those for BMW and Mercedes owners, and see how a real enthusiast, rather than a punk responds to questions. I have seen the same question asked and answered dozens of times in those forums, without the dip**** punk replies.
I DO own a 2000 SC300 and a 1996 SC400, as well as a BMW 740IL and a Mercedes 560SL, so I feel I have earned the right to respond.
By the way, one way to get rid of the 'fog' is to remove the assembly, dry it with a blowdryer, then seal with clear silicone sealant. To remove discoloration (yellowing) use a damp cloth and toothpaste (not gel) . Luckily, my cars are garaged, and even though I live in rainy Florida, I haven't had to deal with that issue yet
Old 09-05-05 | 08:55 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dpark500
Seems a large percentage of the posters in this forum have no useful advice to offer other than "Search the archives" . In the same amount of time it takes to post that smartass response, you could give an answer to the question. If you don't want to help, don't even answer.
Go to an adult forum, such as those for BMW and Mercedes owners, and see how a real enthusiast, rather than a punk responds to questions. I have seen the same question asked and answered dozens of times in those forums, without the dip**** punk replies.
I DO own a 2000 SC300 and a 1996 SC400, as well as a BMW 740IL and a Mercedes 560SL, so I feel I have earned the right to respond.
By the way, one way to get rid of the 'fog' is to remove the assembly, dry it with a blowdryer, then seal with clear silicone sealant. To remove discoloration (yellowing) use a damp cloth and toothpaste (not gel) . Luckily, my cars are garaged, and even though I live in rainy Florida, I haven't had to deal with that issue yet
It just takes a moment to cut and paste a previous poster's solution... and the questioner may very well realize that the search function is a useful tool on his own.
Ummmmmm....The question was answered more than thoroughly with those 3 links. Telling someone to search is a good idea, it will save him time, and us time in the long run when he learns that searching will uncover almost anything he may need. Hey, if it doesn't go ahead and post. If you tried to search and came up with nothing, go ahead and post, and let us know what you searched for. Maybe you used the wrong search terms, and we can help you learn what good keywords to use. Hey, you said it yourself, Cut and Paste someone else's answer. That's EXACTLY what was done, except instead of a cut and paste, a link, in fact, 3 links, were posted. Maybe you should read the posts before you say something irrational and label us ALL like you just did. Not everyone here is how you think they are. As for labeling us as children and punks, and saying that we are not enthusiasts when you know NOTHING about ANY of us, I think your little tirade here ought to cause you to re-evaluate your own maturity situation. This thread is going to be closed down REAL soon, i just know it already.

Last edited by np20412; 09-05-05 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-05-05 | 11:29 AM
Mikethe1st
Rookie

Hey, Im new to this forum and I already knew to search. Those links listed here I found through searching and were very detailed. I removed the headlight to do my BFI and while I was at it I decided to clean the headlight since it had water in there. I used the oven method and some plastic polish and about an hour later I had a very clear, very clean headlight. I was VERY impressed. Opening it up and cleaning it made it much clearer than just polishing the outside of the housing. Now, I gotta do the other side.
Old 09-07-05 | 11:48 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Adult forum? Real enthusiasts? Punks? Wow.

Mature individuals don't resort to name-calling. As a new member, it's not best for you to come here insulting our members with your blanket statements. Most of us here don't give a crap about BMW and Mercedes, let alone what occurs on their forums.

Last edited by mikeloc24; 09-07-05 at 02:48 PM.