SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Sc300 / 400 parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-05, 01:50 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sc300 / 400 parts

Thought this would be more applicable to the SC section rather than car chat...

Been around for a while and wondered how toyota is able to have so many "new" parts for the sc's?? Just thought that since the car has been discontinued since 2000, there still seems to be an abundance of parts available.

Does anyone know if they are still being produced or is this basically run off from original productions through the 90's?

IS there a "risk" that certain parts may not be available new which may incline me to purchase asap....ie: door panels (front/rear), armrests sections, carpets, headlights/foglights..... ?

IF i decide to keep my SC, I am contemplating replacing many interior parts... and would hate to finally "bite the bullet" only to find parts unavailable...

Your thoughts?
Old 09-06-05, 12:00 PM
sonyman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since I visit my dealer often, I am probably well-suited to answer this question. Some parts are still produced, other are put on a waiting list. There are several different warehouses in the US which stockpile parts for our cars. Once inventory is depleted, the order is sent to Japan. Japan won't make just one order for a part. You will be put on a waiting list if there isn't sufficient demand. Once (if) demand reaches a certain level, Japan will fulfill those orders. If a part hasn't been ordered in a while it may be discontinued. However, I think that Toyota Japan will still produce parts if they receive enough orders for it. Don't expect headlights or something like that to be discontinued any time soon; but if you want door panels, I wouldn't wait too terribly long.

Scott