SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

RPM wheels (HP EVO) with a vertex type kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-05 | 05:42 PM
fillup
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RPM wheels (HP EVO) with a vertex type kit

Would anyone have this combo? i want to see what it would look like! so please post! I am currently looking at the Black RPM wheels on ebay. they look just like the HP Evo wheels
Old 09-06-05 | 08:33 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fillup
Would anyone have this combo? i want to see what it would look like! so please post! I am currently looking at the Black RPM wheels on ebay. they look just like the HP Evo wheels
knock off knock offs?

There are a few things that SC owners have learned the hardway over the years:
1) Knock offs cost more in the end
2) Knock off knock off wheels (lets face it- hp evo is a knock off and this is a knock off of a knock off) just dont belong on a car with as much prestige and history.
Old 09-07-05 | 04:35 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I've seen copies of the HP Evo's, but what are they knock offs, of? Just outta curiousity.
Old 09-07-05 | 07:05 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by sc400texas
knock off knock offs?

There are a few things that SC owners have learned the hardway over the years:
1) Knock offs cost more in the end
2) Knock off knock off wheels (lets face it- hp evo is a knock off and this is a knock off of a knock off) just dont belong on a car with as much prestige and history.

I tend to disagree.

While I agree somewhat that the car has a certain pedigree and panache, we must be realists and admit that the book value of the majority of our SC's are under 10k! Me, I can't justify spending 2k let alone 5k on my 6k book value car. I dont feel that $79.00 Pep Boys rims should be used. All bling and what not, but ultimately it is up to the car owner to decide.

I happened to see the RPM rims fillup was mentioning and they are nice looking rims, and to be honest, I would seriously consider buying/using them.

I have absolutely no problem with the guys that do spend thousands on their rims. They all look great! But, my car will never be a show car. That's not a direction I choose to go with this car. Nor will it ever be making monster HP. It will continue to be my daily driver, and maybe 2 years down the road it will become a second car. But enhancing the look of a vehicle that is being used as daily transportation (as most of us do here), by using cost effective wheels, should be commended, not chastised.
Old 09-07-05 | 08:13 AM
ev0ti0n
Driver

Originally Posted by mkorsu
I tend to disagree.

While I agree somewhat that the car has a certain pedigree and panache, we must be realists and admit that the book value of the majority of our SC's are under 10k! Me, I can't justify spending 2k let alone 5k on my 6k book value car. I dont feel that $79.00 Pep Boys rims should be used. All bling and what not, but ultimately it is up to the car owner to decide.

I happened to see the RPM rims fillup was mentioning and they are nice looking rims, and to be honest, I would seriously consider buying/using them.

I have absolutely no problem with the guys that do spend thousands on their rims. They all look great! But, my car will never be a show car. That's not a direction I choose to go with this car. Nor will it ever be making monster HP. It will continue to be my daily driver, and maybe 2 years down the road it will become a second car. But enhancing the look of a vehicle that is being used as daily transportation (as most of us do here), by using cost effective wheels, should be commended, not chastised.

Well put. It's kinda like wearing the same shirt, except one has no brand, and ones a name brand. It's personal preference
Old 09-07-05 | 02:05 PM
fillup
Driver School Candidate

Yea i see but what if you dont have enough money? I dont care that it is a knock off. i know that but i want to see what they would look like on a sc300. The RPM edition. thats all
Old 09-07-05 | 02:19 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Yea i see but what if you dont have enough money? I dont care that it is a knock off. i know that but i want to see what they would look like on a sc300. The RPM edition. thats all

Dude, did you notice that the last 2 posts supported your position???
Old 09-07-05 | 02:56 PM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to the gallery and search for indypwr. He has a SC with a vertex style kit and HP EVO's and has some pics in his gallery. I also have a 95 SC400 with HP EVOs, but I don't have a kit. But if you like, you could search under my screename to see my car with the HP wheels.

BTW, the wheels you should buy are the ones YOU think look good for the price YOU can afford.

Good luck.
Old 09-07-05 | 05:02 PM
fillup
Driver School Candidate

haha thanks guys