JIC or WALD

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-05, 07:52 PM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Default JIC or WALD

i was debating whether to go full JIC or

JIC rear and sides with WALD front ( 97+)
Old 09-07-05, 08:16 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can't go wrong with either kit, however...

I've learned that the color of your car has a lot to do with the kit you choose..For example, white SC's with JIC kit doesn't flow as well as it does on a SC thats black or silver...White SC's, in general, makes the car look a lot bulkier than it already is, whereas, silver and black hues tone down the bulkiness...White colors show off the slick lines of a SC more than any other color, which in turn, makes it a bit harder to mod comestically...You'll want to pick a kit thats very subtle and slick so it blends into the car..Wald and Autocouture seems to look best with white SC's since it blends into the distinctive lines very well..For example, check out Jose's (CleanSC) creation, the lines blend into the car perfectly and also the infamous Autocouture white SC which is also a perfect piece of art all by itself..

No matter which kit you choose, color plays a huge role on how the car is going to look at the end...
Old 09-07-05, 08:18 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've heard wald has some fitment issues but i find it hard to believe because every other wald product i've seen has perfect fitment and Wald is extremely high quality. (hell, they sell yachts!!)

JIC I've seen in person and the quality was questionable.

My vote goes for Wald
Old 09-07-05, 09:38 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It also depends on the style you want to go with on your car... JIC is more aggressive / drift / race, while Wald is more conservative / executive.

Either way your car will look awesome.
Old 09-07-05, 10:44 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

wald side skirts suck

very good tips here, 2 different kits of style. Aggressive/racey or Subtle/Classy...

At least you're going to buy an authentic kit
Old 09-07-05, 10:57 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

I had the same problem..... but you can see with what kit I went with. Whatever one that you choose, be prepared to wait a looooooooooooong time.
Old 09-07-05, 11:13 PM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

I've heard from two people that the fitment for the WALD kit sucks so be prepared to spend some time and money.

also, I would not recommend mixing the two bodykits together...looks kinda funky and might clash. either go full JIC or full WALD.

good luck!
Old 09-08-05, 12:04 AM
kietlander
Racer

first off the car is black. and the only reason i want to mix kits...is that wald sides look stock, and their rear is a full bumper. i really dont want a full rear bumper. thats the reason i want rear lip. and JIC is the only company i can buy the rear lip and sides. and i know how to get wald front lip w/o buying the whole kit. would the kit depend on what rims i have? i have 18" simmons 3 piece..

o yeah l-tunedparts has JIC in stock for 1500.

Last edited by kietlander; 09-08-05 at 12:08 AM.
Old 09-08-05, 12:14 AM
soarer5780
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree with everyone i love the wald kit cause thats what im gonna go with but like everyone said it all depends on what look your trying to get out your car. the racing style or the classy style but im all about the VIP, but im pretty sure the end result will look awesome
Old 09-08-05, 12:21 AM
kietlander
Racer

i really wany the wald front. but i would like better sides and rears...any ideas?
Old 09-08-05, 03:38 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

1 vote for Wald.
Old 09-08-05, 05:04 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by One HoT
You can't go wrong with either kit, however...

I've learned that the color of your car has a lot to do with the kit you choose..For example, white SC's with JIC kit doesn't flow as well as it does on a SC thats black or silver...White SC's, in general, makes the car look a lot bulkier than it already is, whereas, silver and black hues tone down the bulkiness...White colors show off the slick lines of a SC more than any other color, which in turn, makes it a bit harder to mod comestically...You'll want to pick a kit thats very subtle and slick so it blends into the car..Wald and Autocouture seems to look best with white SC's since it blends into the distinctive lines very well..For example, check out Jose's (CleanSC) creation, the lines blend into the car perfectly and also the infamous Autocouture white SC which is also a perfect piece of art all by itself..

No matter which kit you choose, color plays a huge role on how the car is going to look at the end...
well said. I am a fan of both AC & Wald and it would be hard for me to choose if/when the time comes to add some exterior touches. Of course there's always the 97+ for pre 97'ers like myself
Old 09-08-05, 09:37 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

You can't buy the Wald kit from Wald in pieces since it's discontinued. You can only get the whole thing until they run out. Unless of course a third party has one in pieces then you're good.

And yes the Wald sides suck. They don't fit at all without some bondo, 'glass and a few hours.
Old 09-08-05, 09:45 AM
kietlander
Racer

well www.japanparts.com sells them seperate
Old 09-08-05, 10:08 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I'd call them and verify that just in case. Wald's site says otherwise.

Quick Reply: JIC or WALD