SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Supra Seats finally installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-05, 11:04 AM
supercoupes
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
Most of my friends and family all enjoy my power seats and think thats the main "attraction" to my car (besides the "al mighty flip down cupholder") If I lose that, my car wouldn't be any special to my friends (example a corolla, rsx, tc, etc...) What the hell is our car without power seats? An ugly lexus with 20 spoke 16 inch rims and crappy paint. (doesn't apply to all, but you get the drift)

Sorry but no poorman's racing seats.
Huh?

SC - power seats = Corolla
Old 09-11-05, 11:45 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Inabj2
What is it with the flip down cup? Its like people like to pull it down.. and stare at it.. put it back then pull it down.. and stare at it.. then flick the sides..

100 bucks though...
haha ....exactly! I dont get it??

supercoupe, I forgot to add the year of my friends' corolla that I was using as an example. 1992 Corolla. I am sure he doesn't have power seats. I also been in my friends 2002 or 2003 type s manual Corolla, her car doesn't have power seats...
Old 09-12-05, 12:08 AM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
Most of my friends and family all enjoy my power seats and think thats the main "attraction" to my car (besides the "al mighty flip down cupholder") If I lose that, my car wouldn't be any special to my friends (example a corolla, rsx, tc, etc...) What the hell is our car without power seats? An ugly lexus with 20 spoke 16 inch rims and crappy paint. (doesn't apply to all, but you get the drift)

Sorry but no poorman's racing seats.

Dear Calvin,
This is because your car sucks.

Regards,
Ronald

Old 09-12-05, 02:00 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rscott
Dear Calvin,
This is because your car sucks.

Regards,
Ronald

ha! Calvin's Corolla!
Old 09-17-05, 10:22 AM
STRONG SC
Lead Lap

so if it has power seats, does it make it a Lexus? My dad's truck as power seats. heheh, not much poor mans racing seats but poor man's leather replacement! I have a BRIDE bucket I'm going to throw in but then the passenger side is still ripped. I'm gonna be rocking two tan Supra seats that are sooooooooooo new the color is noticably off. I'm trying to see if I can source some tan BRIDE fabric.....
Old 09-26-05, 10:34 PM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

there is a way u can get them to match. have leatherseats.com redo the front seats to match the rear and interior...
Old 09-28-05, 09:19 AM
KoSC300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by verylost
I have the same supra seats but I jumped in on the supraforums group buy.

Most parts for the seats can be bought piece meal. The seats I bought were missing the buttons so I bought some from Elmhurst Toyota. When I installed my seats, I lost the memory function and heated seat option.

A great deal can always be found on supraforums and often times in our classified section here on Clublexus. Just be patient a diamond in the rough will always appear.

I dont see any rear seats Verylost. Just curious as to why u removed it?
Old 09-28-05, 09:20 AM
KoSC300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nevermind... i see the metallic bar on side of seat now... lol
Old 06-05-06, 02:55 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

For those guys that swapped in the Supra seats how much weight did you reduce? Are they heavy like the Lexus seats?
Old 06-05-06, 03:35 PM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jacques
Installation was a piece of cake. 5 bolts each seat, direct fit The driver did need a little modding for the power features to work. The stock and supra harnesses are incompatible so I just pulled the two large (blue and white) power wires from the stock harness and plugged them into the supra harness. Works flawlessly.

Finnaly some headroom! The seats are very supportive and just wrap you in when sitting. Yes you lose some power options and the heaters but they give you more headroom and comfort and save around 70lbs. Leather matches perfect too.

Hmmm.... As stated in the first post of the thread... Lighter by about 70 lbs
Old 06-05-06, 04:10 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KoSC300
I dont see any rear seats Verylost. Just curious as to why u removed it?
I could say that I removed the rear seats because I wanted to lose some weight, but the rear seats don't weigh too much.

So the truth? The truth is that I was tired of my ex-girlfriend's friend's asking to sit in the back. I was just tired of detailing and vacuuming the back. It's a pain in the *** to squeeze into that space with a vacuum and cleaning products. So there's the truth

By the way, with the seats gone, the empty space is enormous.
Old 06-05-06, 05:39 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Originally Posted by Rising_Sun
Hmmm.... As stated in the first post of the thread... Lighter by about 70 lbs
Rising sun - I read the entire post and missed that...Thanks..maybe I need glasses... .70 pounds lighter for both...I heard there are some even nicer and lighter after market seats that give you 100lbs or so off the stock weight... That is what I am looking for... The Supra seats may be the next best choice... 70lbs is not that bad if the seats look right with the rest of the interior....
Old 06-05-06, 08:11 PM
technol
Lexus Test Driver

looks great! the supra seats are my personal favorite mod for the sc's!
Old 06-05-06, 08:18 PM
sickid
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Inabj2
What is it with the flip down cup? Its like people like to pull it down.. and stare at it.. put it back then pull it down.. and stare at it.. then flick the sides..

100 bucks though...

ah ha ha this is so true i had my car about 2 weeks and literally 3 different people that sat in the passenger seat pulled out the cup holder put it up and then pulled it out again.. friggin hilarious i should charge a quarter
Old 06-05-06, 10:24 PM
xirforever
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by verylost
I could say that I removed the rear seats because I wanted to lose some weight, but the rear seats don't weigh too much.

So the truth? The truth is that I was tired of my ex-girlfriend's friend's asking to sit in the back. I was just tired of detailing and vacuuming the back. It's a pain in the *** to squeeze into that space with a vacuum and cleaning products. So there's the truth

By the way, with the seats gone, the empty space is enormous.
LOL this is priceless

I took out my rear seatbelts for the exact same reason!!

although i do like your way much more, how did you do it? it looks flat there so you must have custom fabbed something besides the carpet.

Quick Reply: Supra Seats finally installed!!!