SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Soarer Photopost (56K Do you still exist?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-05, 08:42 AM
pilip99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice pics man, that sc500 looks crazy, that engine bay is insane, that purple sc looks sweet as well
Old 09-13-05, 09:11 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sc400texas

This guy built his car to look like the D1 Car... my only problem with it is his wheel fittment SUCKS. A better fitting pair of wheels and you would have a pretty sick looking Soarer.

Tell the purple soarer to let the white soarer borrow his wheels for a few shots!
I don't see a huge difference in wheels between the two. I think this whole "proper" fitting wheel thing is getting out of hand. That white vertex inspired soarer looks great. Sure, everyone can have "better fitting" wheels, but I think that looks nice as it is...

btw, nice pictures...you should have a special title under you name, something like "offset guru"
Old 09-13-05, 09:55 AM
simonsays
Pole Position

what kind of exhaust is it on that black sc?
looks really clean.
Old 09-13-05, 10:06 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by simonsays

what kind of exhaust is it on that black sc?
looks really clean.
I dont know but it makes me shutter. (why doesn't CL have more of those fun smiles?)
Old 09-13-05, 11:13 AM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Two twin tip soarers (black soarer also has full wald aero and looks pretty sick... but I couldnt find a big enough picture to share.)

wow that black one looks soooo nice with quad tips. i think i found my exhaust
Old 09-13-05, 11:18 AM
sc.Fred
Instructor

[QUOTE=sc400texas]
And he fitted a 92-94 lip on a 97+ front it seems... Its hard to make it out, but you can see that it is not quite long enough. The car is HOT though! (even though he could have gone a little bit more extreme on the rear wheel offset... A bit too sunken in.)

i loVE this car! the wheels compliment the car as well... Lastly, 97+ + air ride + wingless =
Old 09-13-05, 11:38 AM
GRIFFIN TT
Driver

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
I don't see a huge difference in wheels between the two. I think this whole "proper" fitting wheel thing is getting out of hand. That white vertex inspired soarer looks great. Sure, everyone can have "better fitting" wheels, but I think that looks nice as it is...

btw, nice pictures...you should have a special title under you name, something like "offset guru"
Wheels make or break the ride. Weak fitment just makes the car look WEAK.
Old 09-13-05, 12:13 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GRIFFIN TT
Wheels make or break the ride. Weak fitment just makes the car look WEAK.
So just because the wheels don't stick out to the fender or out even more, ran with a stretch tire and possibly having to run negative camber to get it to work makes it weak?

I know wheel fitment is highly important here now, but I don't see anything wrong with the white car, other than the fact that it could go a bit lower.

If you do love that "VIP" inspired look of negative camber like "workaholic" then you must be really well off to have money to buy new tires all the time and just drive it once and while.
Old 09-13-05, 01:16 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
So just because the wheels don't stick out to the fender or out even more, ran with a stretch tire and possibly having to run negative camber to get it to work makes it weak?

I know wheel fitment is highly important here now, but I don't see anything wrong with the white car, other than the fact that it could go a bit lower.

If you do love that "VIP" inspired look of negative camber like "workaholic" then you must be really well off to have money to buy new tires all the time and just drive it once and while.

I want the edge of the wheel to be flush the the fender... Its my TASTE, its my POST... so thats why I said that. If others dont agree... fine, but from my styling taste (VIP tuning) this style is a standard, and I hold it to my other cars.

The white soarer's wheels are weak with the fittment, he could have a wider wheel in the back with a much more aggressive offset. If he is going to build such an aggressive looking car, the car needs to follow that trend in all aspects, including wheels.
Old 09-13-05, 01:24 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=sc.Fred]

And he fitted a 92-94 lip on a 97+ front it seems... Its hard to make it out, but you can see that it is not quite long enough. The car is HOT though! (even though he could have gone a little bit more extreme on the rear wheel offset... A bit too sunken in.)

i loVE this car! the wheels compliment the car as well... Lastly, 97+ + air ride + wingless =

I with you here Fred!!!!!!!!! I normally prefer SC's with the 92 tail (I'm partial, as I have a 92 with a tail! ). But you're right! With no tail and air ride, the car looks just super clean!!!! Actually, I like the slightly tucked look on this ride too!
Old 09-13-05, 01:47 PM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

I want the edge of the wheel to be flush the the fender... Its my TASTE, its my POST... so thats why I said that. If others dont agree... fine, but from my styling taste (VIP tuning) this style is a standard, and I hold it to my other cars.

The white soarer's wheels are weak with the fittment, he could have a wider wheel in the back with a much more aggressive offset. If he is going to build such an aggressive looking car, the car needs to follow that trend in all aspects, including wheels.

the rear wheels do lack. but the fronts are ok just needs to be lowered a lil more. he should have pulled the rear out a lil and went with a wider rim.
Old 09-13-05, 02:19 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

im going lambo doors, when i get me another daily driver.
Old 09-13-05, 02:52 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can throw body kits and other mods at a car but wheels fitment is #1. You can have a stock bodied car but with the right height and nice flush wheel fitment and it will look amazing imo

awesome pics
Old 09-13-05, 05:06 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

To me it looks like that white Soarer could use wheels that are a little wider at the back to complete the look (along with flared guards), but that's JMHO.
Old 09-13-05, 05:28 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

IMO, half of those cars are hideous.

I guess my styling tastes are too conservative as I think wheels sticking beyond the fender at all running stretched tires and moderate negative camber look extremely tacky.

Plus, I think the whole "authentic" kit thing is out of hand. The car can be completely ****ty, but if it's got a real Vertex kit, it's cool. Example: That Soarer with the Lambo doors and neons.

But, I think that SC500 is insanely sick. Is that stroker kit still being sold?

Quick Reply: Soarer Photopost (56K Do you still exist?)