SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Soarer Photopost (56K Do you still exist?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-05, 05:51 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Conservative in my opinion are the cars below...probably need only fender rolling/trimming only...

I think both look great, to me...

Now, going aggressive would require tire stretching, fender rolling/trimming, and running negative camber...

Now, don't get me wrong, the car looks sick in everyway rollin' down the street, but just not typical for everybody. I just don't see how preaching having your wheels look like the last 2 pictures is right. I like to drive my car EVERYWHERE and i'm sure others are the same, so having that type of aggressive/extreme fitment is not for everybody.

Again, the last 2 pictures look insane and if I had tons of disposable money, I would be doing the same because I would be going through tires like no other...My point here is that the first 2 setups should not be frowned upon and they still turn heads without having to go to these extreme wheel fitments.

Wheels should be flush with the car, yes...no argument there... Flush to me means |----|
Wheels that have to be run with negative camber just isn't practical ... /-----\

I hope you guys didn't mind that I used your pictures to help explain...

Last edited by ACleanSC4; 09-15-05 at 05:56 AM.
Old 09-15-05, 08:11 AM
GRIFFIN TT
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the perfect example of a conservative and clean sc
Old 09-15-05, 08:23 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Sorry Griffin but telling others that SC is conservative is absurd...That car is running negative camber with stretched tires and a pretty low offset.

Conservative would be from the fender > in. Aggressive would be from the fender > out. And Tony just gave 2 examples of each.
Old 09-15-05, 08:26 AM
MongolKhan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ki_soarer

do you have any info on the specs for these wheels? im loving the fitment!!

Wheels look to be in negative offset, probably 19X11 or so. I really like this one too. I need to get a pic of my car from the side.
Old 09-15-05, 08:35 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
Sorry Griffin but telling others that SC is conservative is absurd...That car is running negative camber with stretched tires and a pretty low offset.

Conservative would be from the fender > in. Aggressive would be from the fender > out. And Tony just gave 2 examples of each.

I've seen Vince's car in person and it is FAR from conservative!!!!

It is the hottness though!!
Old 09-15-05, 08:55 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
Wheels should be flush with the car, yes...no argument there... Flush to me means |----|
Wheels that have to be run with negative camber just isn't practical ... /-----\
The pictures he posted are excellent examples of conservative offsets on a SC and it can still look "GREAT" on the car. With that being said, the word "great" is an ambiguous term, so it can mean different thing to different people.

IMHO, i think conservative offsets look great on our cars. Agressive offsets look great on our cars too, but IMHO, only depending on the style of the rim. I LOVE the way Griffin TT's car looks with his wheels.

So, with this post, i just wanted to say to everyone's who's posting comments about how bad their wheel fitment is, or how the car would look better if they had lower offsets... blah blah blah.... Just relax! Some people are happy with their conservative offsets.

HOw come no one bashes on Din's car with canovers? What about OG member Manaray?? Heck, even infamous Streetking???? Surely they can use more agressive offsets right? But they chose not to.... well, Din bought his rims used so he didn't have too much of a choice, but SW bought his new and CHOSE to stick with conservative offsets.
Old 09-15-05, 09:22 AM
MongolKhan
Lexus Test Driver

It seems like we always end up arguing about wheel offsets here, whenever someone posts pics of cars with different offsets, lol. Personally, i could careless what offsets you guys running on your cars, i am just happy with mine.
Old 09-15-05, 09:27 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MongolKhan
It seems like we always end up arguing about wheel offsets here, whenever someone posts pics of cars with different offsets, lol. Personally, i could careless what offsets you guys running on your cars, i am just happy with mine.

That's the right attitude!!!
Old 09-15-05, 09:44 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Guess the offset battle is never ending its all personal choice in the end Anyway keep posting Soarer pics please.
Old 09-15-05, 10:10 AM
GRIFFIN TT
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah my wheels stick out a bit, I can see how someone doesnt lik ethat, but I think the wheels should be atleast flush with the fender. The sunken look just doesnt look aggressive
Old 09-15-05, 11:15 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MongolKhan
yeah, i know what you mean. Im not arguing any sides... i'm just trying to make peace with this offset thing. it's getting out of hand.

but yes, i totally agree with your above statement about everything. kudos..
Old 09-15-05, 12:56 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GRIFFIN TT
...I think the wheels should be atleast flush with the fender. The sunken look just doesnt look aggressive
I concur
Old 09-15-05, 02:06 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
I concur
I second that lol
Old 09-15-05, 08:15 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

i've driven most places in new york city.. there are times where the road looks tough but i just go slow and i can make it mostly anywhere..

but, maybe next summer when i have a little more funds, i plan to be somewhere along these lines:
Attached Thumbnails Soarer Photopost (56K Do you still exist?)-extremer.jpg  
Old 09-15-05, 08:18 PM
Deceptik1
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Site for Soarers

Here's a website with profiles of different Soarer owners. http://carlife.carview.co.jp/UserPro...?UserID=143890

Last edited by Deceptik1; 09-15-05 at 08:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Soarer Photopost (56K Do you still exist?)