SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New Observation

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-05, 04:34 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Observation

Is it just me or does it seem like there is ALOT more interest in SC's now than ever before? I have a feeling that its gonna increase and alot of these potentials are kids who can't get a hold of reasonably priced Supra or any other 2JZ supplied vehicles. Considering that alot of these cars can be obtained very cheaply, it would defnitely be a more reasonable choice than an overpriced N/A Supra or a TT at that (not complaining since I sold mine!). This car probably is the most lowest priced 2JZ equipped car right now coming to think of it! One of the biggest reasons why I have my SC is because it has that classy look to it and for the price you CAN'T beat it; top notch build quality, dependability, durability, reliability, prestige, hwy fuel economy and luxury; the PERFECT daily driver. Now that this car has been proven to become one of the greatest sleepers known to 2JZ fanactics, I'm loving it even more! Only problem is that I think mine's in too good of a shape/year to start tampering with it and now more than ever, I wan't a manual in this; too bad they weren't offered after '97. Something inside of me is telling me to mod mine if I can't sell it; but I would rather leave this unmolested and grab another one to tinker with! Damn I think I'm in love all over again!
-Justin
Old 09-18-05, 04:57 PM
SoarerJzz3
Lead Lap

Also the 1jz swap is becoming more popular in this car, since it's also cheper than a 2jz swap.
Old 09-18-05, 04:59 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

as more and more interest goes up, i'm almost sure price will go up with it
at least with 5 speeds
Old 09-18-05, 05:22 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

yea same thing happened to the 240 when i first got mine knew only 1 person with SR soon as i got my SR seems like everyone else did. SR parts are easier to find than domestic parts now lol
Old 09-18-05, 05:40 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, lets look at the facts:
1) Decent price
2) Awesome interior
3) D1 Drift Soarer
4) Increasing interest in RWD Japanese Coupes
5) High price of Supra
6) Swapable with 2JZ-GTE or 1JZ-GTE with realitve ease...

Its pretty easy to understand that the cars are going to make their way into the hands of younger, more tuner friendly groups.
Old 09-18-05, 06:19 PM
93 LS4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sc400texas
Well, lets look at the facts:
1) Decent price
2) Awesome interior
3) D1 Drift Soarer
4) Increasing interest in RWD Japanese Coupes
5) High price of Supra
6) Swapable with 2JZ-GTE or 1JZ-GTE with realitve ease...

Its pretty easy to understand that the cars are going to make their way into the hands of younger, more tuner friendly groups.
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 09-18-05, 06:31 PM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

i thing is....FWD was played out and now dead, 240's have another year or 2 b4 they become the next civic. AWD cars are a lil behind the 240. reason y SCs are so popular now is just simple... everyone is getting tired of the racer thing. i myself want a nice luxury car with *****. i didnt want the "tuner" stereo type anymore. i dunno if u havent noticed but i see more luxury sport cars then ever. i dunno if that made any since... i talk out my **** sometimes..lol
Old 09-18-05, 09:24 PM
ifilrx
Driver

which was why i sold my old EG civic hatch after putting the GSR engine in...too damn loud and low on the luxury. I'm so glad I got my SC300. Wish it had better fuel economy. My M3 has about 350 hp and gets better milage than the SC on the same type of gas. It's sad.
Old 09-18-05, 09:27 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

A new observation, that's indirectly tied to an old one: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=172841
Old 09-18-05, 09:34 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

As ki_soarer once told me, the SC is becoming the new honda, and I agree with him. If a certain "trend" starts, I am going to have to sell my car (to someone super old).
Old 09-18-05, 10:12 PM
pilip99
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
As ki_soarer once told me, the SC is becoming the new honda, and I agree with him. If a certain "trend" starts, I am going to have to sell my car (to someone super old).
damnit, poor SC
Old 09-18-05, 11:03 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Unlike the 240, I dont think the SC will be as popular because the manual versions are really rare. For a sporty cruiser, the SC would fare against cars like G35 with mods and/or a swap.

Due to budget constraints some of the SC owners are already taking shortcuts and making their cars kind of "ricey", I hope our cars dont fall into the hands of people that would neglect it or take shortcuts on things.
Old 09-18-05, 11:04 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't care about the popularity status of our cars (whether it increases or decreases), I've been in love with these cars for a loooong time and after finding a one of the last series black/black imports I'm not willing to give it up (try looking for a black Soarer/SC and there doesn't seem to be many in comparison with other colours, at least for the Soarer).

Jose
Old 09-18-05, 11:11 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Unlike the 240, I dont think the SC will be as popular because the manual versions are really rare. For a sporty cruiser, the SC would fare against cars like G35 with mods and/or a swap.

Due to budget constraints some of the SC owners are already taking shortcuts and making their cars kind of "ricey", I hope our cars dont fall into the hands of people that would neglect it or take shortcuts on things.

g35? eh, maybe, you gotta dump alot of money into the sc to prove to people our cars are better than the g35 (in others' eyes I mean)

And I hope that our cars wont fall into "people that would neglect it or take shortcuts on things" but fact is, It has already begun and its too late to stop it.

2.5soarergt, its not just the popularity, its the people who buy the SC and the kind of modifications they do do their cars. Things dont look good from the way our image is going.

I wish for a price raise in the SC, asap.
Old 09-18-05, 11:54 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Default Do It Tastefully or Stay Stock

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
g35? eh, maybe, you gotta dump alot of money into the sc to prove to people our cars are better than the g35 (in others' eyes I mean)

And I hope that our cars wont fall into "people that would neglect it or take shortcuts on things" but fact is, It has already begun and its too late to stop it.

2.5soarergt, its not just the popularity, its the people who buy the SC and the kind of modifications they do do their cars. Things dont look good from the way our image is going.

I wish for a price raise in the SC, asap.
Yea, for our cars to me on par with a G35 u need a motor swap, a host of suspension mod, and a set of 2000-3000 dollar wheels. The image of a car really depends on what most of its owner do with them.

For example, I have yet to see a newer BMW that I really dislike. The reason why is the owners either stay stock or go all out and buy 600-700 rims, nothing in between. I think thats an important philosophy - either stay stock looking or go all out. The same cannot be said for many of the SCs on here.

The issue with Japanese tuners - Hondas, Lexus, Nissans, etc - is that alot of them tend to try hard to be original and flamboyant. On the other hand, Benz and Beemer tuners just stick with the same formula and all of their cars looks alot alike; if u havent noticed, most benz n beemers are either stock or just nicely dropped on deep-dish 19 inch wheels. Some here might criticize it as being boring and unoriginal. There is nothing wrong with being the "same" and looking good.

For higher priced Japanese cars, I see that same idea applied. I recently saw an NSX meet at my work and almost all the cars are somewhat similar. Some are stock and most are lowered on 18, 19 deep dish Volks or HRE. The same can be said for the G35s, IS300, GS300/400

So in the end, unless ur stuck with the crappy 15 inch rims like me, dont do much to it aestheticall until you have enough money to do it right. Rather than spending 1500 on some crappy generic wheels and tires off the import magazine, use that 1500 dollars to restore ur car mechanically or aesthetically.

Quick Reply: New Observation