SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Leather Seat replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-01, 04:05 AM
c_irie
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

The pieces that I am thinking of are the armrest not the insert as these are made of vinyl on the sc's and do not show signs of wear.
Attached Thumbnails Leather Seat replacement-scdoor.jpg  
Old 07-24-01, 07:17 AM
leathrseats.com
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leatehr armrest and insert...

What you may or may not realize is that you cannot replace the door insert because it is molded to the door. The armrest is replaceable, but not by the average do-it-yourselfer. It will take a very experienced trimmer to replace that peice without destroying the door panel. I am getting this information second hand from the production manager, but he is very reliable. He did say that if someone wanted to send us a set of door panels he would atleast develope the pattern for the door armrest. Let me know if you are interested. To speak to a sales rep or to order a leather interior for your vehicle please call toll FREE 1-866-NEW-SEAT (1-866-639-7328). We look forward to doing business with you soon.

Regards,
Eric
Old 07-24-01, 08:42 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So if I was to send you my door panels for a while, what kind of discount off the full kit would I get? You know it wouldn't be easy to go without door panels for a while

SR
Old 07-24-01, 09:38 AM
leathrseats.com
Former Vendor

Default leather for your SC...

We don't really have any particular desire to develope a cover for the door armrest and we are not offering a discount on the kit for the use of the panels. We are willing to consider the developement of the door armrests for you specifically. You will have to fund the developement unless there is significant demand for the insert. We have to justify the cost with demand. Are you wanting to replace everything, or just the door armrests? Let me know what you want to do and I will try to accomodate you in any way that I can.
Attached Thumbnails Leather Seat replacement-2keclipsegt10.jpg  
Old 07-24-01, 10:35 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Question

My rear seats are in PERFECT condition as well as I'm sure that most SC owners are... Why don't you guys offer the front seats only for like $400 bucks?

$750 for the complete interior is a great price! I'm sure you guys can work out a deal for the fronts too. The same amount of leather used on the back seats could be used for more front seats. This is a way for you to sell more covers and for us to save money(most don't need the rear...) and every one would get what they want...

What do you guys think???

The Ikon
Old 07-24-01, 12:04 PM
YuuDawg
Driver

i think i might be down to get new leather front seats only if that's an option
Old 07-24-01, 01:16 PM
MISURA

Likewise.

Old 07-24-01, 10:49 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Red face

"Leather Seats" could you all see if the company would act as if the SC is a two seater on the fronts seats only...

Plus there is also a HUGE market for the "right" color "wheel skin" steering wheel cover. I recieved a leather swatch before and the tan color matched the seats, NOT the steering wheel/column/air bag with the dark sand/brownish mocca color.{like the SC4 above} This should be VERY simple to duplicate for all Lexus autos. I'll be happy to part with my $35 plus bucks for that too...

Your input is greatly appreciated. TIA

The Ikon

Is this a fair request guys? I see some of you agree.

Last edited by The Ikon; 07-24-01 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-25-01, 05:40 AM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Steering wheel leather is most definately a plus -
Front seat only option, also a plus- I'm sure you'd get more orders that way since the SC's full interior is considerably more than the other vehicle full interior applications. Either drop the complete kit price to match your other prices or offer a "cheaper" 1/2 kit alternative.

Just my .02 cents

Keith
92 SC400

P.S. Has anyone ordered and installed this kit - Please post pics immediately. I'll buy a complete kit as soon as we get a Club Lexus members' opinion and pics posted.
Old 07-26-01, 12:26 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Default Any one heard from Leather seat.COM

Whom ever contacted them in the begining direct them to our little question???

TIA

Thomas
Old 07-26-01, 10:47 AM
SC400Turbo
Driver

Thumbs up Door panels

I'm interest in purchasing the entire Leather replacment package for the SC400. I would be willing to send my door panel(s) over to you so that you can develop the door inserts. Do you need both left and the right panels or just one side? How long would you be needing them for? And will I be getting a discount since I will be the guinea pig ? Let me know! Thanks...
Old 08-03-01, 04:40 AM
Whitmanpc1
Driver

Exclamation Anyone else interested? Let's get our leather!!

Good morning all! How many of us will order the leather replacement? I want to , but I think I am #4 and they need 5 people.

Anyone else? I imagine that a lot of people will be keeping this car (very collectible) and, like me, are second owners.

Speak up!!! Let's try to get at least 5 people and restore our leather to new! This will be fun!
Old 08-04-01, 02:53 PM
leathrseats.com
Former Vendor

Default leather group buy...

Dear Members,

We apologize for the delayed response, but our network was down early this week and we have been playing catch-up. I will try to answer you questions as best I can. We do not have a steering wheel replacment cover. If we had the pattern we could build one from our automotive grade leather, but that would not stand up to the wear and tear of such a high contact area. We would have to use steering wheel grade leather and we don't have any in a color that would match your current cover. We will need both door panels and we will not be able to offer a discount to the loaner of the door inserts. We would be developing these door inserts for you and the other members. We can offer just the front seat covers for $599.00 + shipping, but because of the relatively small drop in price we generally recommend replacing the whole interior. If I missed anything or if anyone has any further questions please contact me via email. I you would like to be added to the list of buyers then please call our toll FREE line a 1-866-NEW-SEAT and ask for me.

Regards,
Eric
Attached Thumbnails Leather Seat replacement-black-dgreysi1.jpg  
Old 08-05-01, 12:48 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Unhappy hmmmmmm

$600 plus shipping just for the fronts? :eek: That's more than most entire sets!!!

Good luck guys.. When I get mine done, I'm opting for a local upholsterer for $450 for the front... Unless there is a "group buy" discount for the fronts at $500 or less...

I'll take a steering wheel cover that'll last a couple of years for $35.00 than a new one for hundreds $$$.

The Ikon
Old 08-06-01, 10:26 AM
leathrseats.com
Former Vendor

Default You misunderstand...

Dear Members,

When we say that the steering wheel cover will not last as long, we are saying it will last no where near as long. We have made custom steering wheel covers from automotive grade leather locally in the past and they last anywhere from 6 months to a year. Because of the high contact they also lose there new look immediately. I was honest with you all when I suggested that your best bet was buying the whole interior. We have a highly automated manufacturing facility and we produce over 300 kits a day. With that kind of turn out we don't see much of a savings in doing just the front seats and thus you don't see much of a savings. If we could drop the price any further we would, but it is irrational to think that the front covers would be any where near 1/2 the cost of the entire kit. Production at this level just does not work that way. If you can have the fronts done for $450.00 locally, Go for it! That is an awesome price! Don't forget, however, we will be able to offer you guys the Lexus "L" logo on the front backs for FREE once it has been developed, not to mention FREE two-toning front and rear. If anyone would like to place an order please contact me, we now have the kit patterned and ready to punch out. We hope to have the chance to impress you with our product and service very soon.

Quick Reply: Leather Seat replacement