Leather Seat replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-01, 10:40 AM
leathrseats.com
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You misunderstand...

Dear Members,

When we say that the steering wheel cover will not last as long, we are saying it will last no where near as long. We have made custom steering wheel covers from automotive grade leather locally in the past and they last anywhere from 6 months to a year. Because of the high contact they also lose there new look immediately. I was honest with you all when I suggested that your best bet was buying the whole interior. We have a highly automated manufacturing facility and we produce over 300 kits a day. With that kind of turn out we don't see much of a savings in doing just the front seats and thus you don't see much of a savings. If we could drop the price any further we would, but it is irrational to think that the front covers would be any where near 1/2 the cost of the entire kit. Production at this level just does not work that way. If you can have the fronts done for $450.00 locally, Go for it! That is an awesome price! Don't forget, however, we will be able to offer you guys the Lexus "L" logo on the front backs for FREE once it has been developed, not to mention FREE two-toning front and rear. If anyone would like to place an order please contact me, we now have the kit patterned and ready to punch out. We hope to have the chance to impress you with our product and service very soon.
Attached Thumbnails Leather Seat replacement-2keclipsegtb-and-b4.jpg  
Old 08-10-01, 07:54 AM
Whitmanpc1
Driver

Exclamation Who purchased the kits already please?

Greetings all! I spoke with Eric at LeatherSeats.com, and he told me that he's sold 2 kits so far.

Who purchased these? I want to know what color you chose for the leather. Also, are you having part of the leather perforated? I will have it perforated just like the 2000 model was (very nice!).

I'm color blind and need advise on what will look great on my 93 SC400 with the light (tan?) leather. I know this is subjective, but for those who see color take a look at the link below and tell me IF you were doing this what color YOU would choose.

Specifically I want to know what will look really nice since the door panel leather will remain the same lighter leather color.

Thanks all. Check out these swatches. As soon as I hear from the 2 who purchased I will be making my decision. I am very interested in seeing pics posted, so please post! If not, I'll post when I get mine done.

Here's the link to their colors:

http://www.leatherseats.com/pages/colors.htm
Old 08-10-01, 08:42 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
I personally would go back with the original tan leather color that's already on the seats. As for perforations will it cost more or is it the same price? It's just holes in leather than some source say may the leather weaker over time.

My friend Patrick has a 96' 3000GT with perforated seats that shows signs of wear from the holes outward. I think they look nice, but they do not aid in nothing at all unless the car has air coming thru the seats only..

Plus the holes will gather dirt, cleaner and leather conditioner that will be visible once they age a little. Pat said, it takes the seats longer to cure the conditioner after it is cleaned, so that you can seat on it. He said he has messed up a couple of suits that way.

Good luck with your decision on the color, do not rush it because you have to live with it...

The Ikon

Last edited by The Ikon; 09-16-01 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09-15-01, 08:35 PM
Whitmanpc1
Driver

Question Who replaced their leather seats?

Hello all! At LeatherSeats.com, I spoke with Eric and he told me he sold 1 complete kit to replace the front and back seat leather on an SC.

Was it someone who is on this board?

I'm very interested to hear about your experience and see pictures of the finished product.

Thanks!
Old 06-17-02, 09:27 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

I wanted to say that this thread helped me in researching and ordering a kit from Eric today.

I ended up ordering the SC300 Kit in Sandstone with Perforated Sandstone Inserts (like the newer SC's) and the center console cover. I also added the 8 motor heat/massage units for the heck of it.

Eric was extremely helpful and I will try to post pics on the install when I get the covers.

Anyone of the earlier people who posted here have pics and tips?
Old 06-18-02, 06:41 AM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in. I'm gonna order mine when they have the Lexus logo ready, but help me out on colors guys. I have the lt. gray interior and was thinking something along the lines of 2 tone gray/black.
Old 06-18-02, 07:28 AM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

MyLexusSC300,

I would get the Dark Graphite with Desert Perforated Inserts to replace your stock gray. That look very nice. On the L emblems, I do not think a manufacturer can do this. However, I am going to do mine before install. Very simple to just find a local embroidery shop to do that while it is off.
Old 06-18-02, 08:24 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by MyLexusSC300
I'm in. I'm gonna order mine when they have the Lexus logo ready, but help me out on colors guys. I have the lt. gray interior and was thinking something along the lines of 2 tone gray/black.
They have had the Lexus logo ready for months.

BTW this is scheduled to be a group buy once the Steering Wheel group buy is finished. I talked to Ethan over a month ago about it and he will pass it on to Manaray.
Old 06-18-02, 09:18 AM
mjames08
Pole Position

Default Re: Who replaced their leather seats?

Yes it was someone on this board.. do a search for leather seat replacements.. There are even pics of the new leather.

Originally posted by Whitmanpc1
Hello all! At LeatherSeats.com, I spoke with Eric and he told me he sold 1 complete kit to replace the front and back seat leather on an SC.

Was it someone who is on this board?

I'm very interested to hear about your experience and see pictures of the finished product.

Thanks!
Old 06-18-02, 12:43 PM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by Hermosa

They have had the Lexus logo ready for months.

BTW this is scheduled to be a group buy once the Steering Wheel group buy is finished. I talked to Ethan over a month ago about it and he will pass it on to Manaray.
I tried to get a group buy several months back, but had no takers. Hopefully we can get a few people together. Their website quotes a group buy option if we can get 5 or more people to buy.

Now my question, will we have to be a paid member to get an already listed group buy from the vendor?
Old 06-18-02, 01:15 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Keith13b
Now my question, will we have to be a paid member to get an already listed group buy from the vendor?
Probably not Keith but I would think that members would get an even lower price. Membership has its privileges. The fact that they non-members see and hear about the group buy is from the fact that they used Club Lexus. What is $30 per year to someone who owns a Lexus? Think of the value you get here. Someone just saved $1700 on a key replacement today on the site. I too have saved money by learning how not to get ripped off by car dealers. I have saved money by finding out everything I can/should replace when I must have labor done in an area of the car anyway. My car would be bone stock if it were not for this site. Come to think of it I would have only one Lexus too but that is another story.

Back to the group buy, incorporated would probably be the kit to install the leather seats but that is to be determined. I wish I could handle this group buy since I have already talked to the sales manager about it. Ethan told me to let Manaray take care of it. This GB should be faster since we do not have to wait for a sample. We should probably announce it and then have two weeks to respond and send payment.
Old 06-18-02, 08:21 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Hey Hermosa,

I think if a group buy is done...that you find a way for the company to handle the details themselves. There are sooo many options, colors, add-ons, perforation styles, 2-tones, etc.

A flat price on a group buy might be tricky.

Best of luck.
Old 06-19-02, 02:11 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Some good points about this group buy...it might be better for the company to handle it but at any rate, I am already talking with them...I will post information as I get it...
Old 06-19-02, 08:03 AM
Lvangundy

Anyone else notice the seats in the 95-97 camry with leather is the same leather as the first gen LS and SC?

LOL..saved toyota some money.

Old 06-23-02, 10:46 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Okay...so I just completed my order from Eric.

I guess you need the installation kit to do it yourself. Wasn't sure if you needed the pliers for everything or just the center console.

I added in the seat massagers for both fronts, perforated centers like the newer sc's and the install kit to hit $1,100 with shipping.

I can't wait to start this project.

Quick Reply: Leather Seat replacement