SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Leather Seat replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-01, 10:26 PM
reLEXin247
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is anyone interested in replacing their leather with a katzkin's leather kit? They won't make a kit for the sc's until they get at least 5 orders. I'm #4 on the list and we need at least one more person for them to make the kits. From what they've told me they will make it 2 tone and embroider at no extra charge for these kits, and they do custom piping and preforating. these first few kits will run $799 for all 4 seats without installation. The installation is supposed to be fairly easy and should only take a day to do. Thanks everyone for reading this, and please let me know if anyone is interested.
Old 07-14-01, 11:37 PM
rhart00
Pole Position

I am definitely in. I used to have katzin leather in my supercharged Grand Prix and it is awesome. It looked very good. Just tell me where to send the money.

Ryan
Old 07-14-01, 11:38 PM
rhart00
Pole Position

does it include the leather on the doors also? The katzkin leather in my Grand Prix did. oh yeah and my email address is gtpblur@hotmail.com. I can't wait
Old 07-15-01, 11:03 AM
reLEXin247
Rookie

Ryan,

I'm not sure if it includes the leather on the doors. I believe that it does include the center console armrest though. I've emailed them and I'm waiting on a response. The person you need to email is Josh. His email is sales@leatherseats.com. When I emailed katzkins, that is who I ended up talking to. I guess that Leatherseats.com is another division of katzkins and you can check out their website, they show samples of all the colors and also offer the seat heaters and massagers.
Old 07-15-01, 04:02 PM
hoops_24
Pole Position

I think I'm in also. I just need some additional info. My personal mail address is bgwebb@msn.com. Let me know the details.
Old 07-15-01, 06:35 PM
Whitmanpc1
Driver

Lightbulb New leather...yes!

Please do keep me in the loop, as I'm quite interested. How close to stock will it look...do you know? The back bench is never used and I would only want to redo the front seats and armrests (2 on the doors, center one).

Whitmanpc1@mediaone.net

Thanks!
Old 07-15-01, 07:21 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in for sure! I've been looking for a place to get a reupholster kit for my seats! I'm looking thru the colors right now!

I'll e-mail the guy tomorrow after I decide on colors and such.

SR
Old 07-17-01, 05:50 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Hey I'm interested too. Send me some info.

mikeoda@hotmail.com

By the way is there a good way to eliminate or somewhat hide cigarette burns on the ceiling?
Old 07-18-01, 01:41 PM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm in for the leather covers. Do they also have the door leather? Do we have to get the two tone or can we get the standard stock colors? Please let me know - have the money ready to go.

Thanks,
Keith
92 SC400

Keith _rivera@hotmail.com
Old 07-18-01, 04:18 PM
reLEXin247
Rookie

Hey everyone,

You can go with the factory colors only if you want, you don't have to do the two tone thing. Also i've been told that the center armrest replacement is $55 more if you're interested. They have also emailed me a 1866 toll free number to contact and to make payment on the leather kits. You need to speak to Eric at 1-866-639-7328, he can take your payment and prefrences on the leather kit and give you all the other details.
Old 07-18-01, 05:49 PM
rhart00
Pole Position

here is the email I was sent from leatherseats.com.

Dear Ryan,

We are delighted to see that you are interested in our products and service. We are planning on developing that pattern as far as I know. We
are looking for two more buyers to add their names to the list. The kit price is going to be $799.00 + shipping for a full OEM spec leather replacement kit. That price will include FREE two-toning in any of our 54 colors as well. Shipping is generally about $25.00 per kit. These covers are OEM spec and are made to install in place of your factory cloth or leather seat covers. Once installed they will look just like the factory leather seat covers. The interior kit will include the covers for the front
cushions, front backrests, front headrests, rear solid cushion, and the rear backrest. We will be offering the console cover for an additional $55.00, but we are not going to be offering the door inserts. I am still checking
to see if we will be able to do the Lexus logo. We are not allowed to embroider any Toyota logos as of now and thus the Lexus logo may fall under that restriction. To add you name to the list please contact Eric as soon
as you can. Be sure and visit our website at www.leatherseats.com for in depth information on the product, applications, colors, and even installation procedures. I will attach some pics of our latest work to this email, let us know what you think. To speak to Eric about ordering your leather interior please call toll FREE 1-866-NEW-SEAT (1-866-639-7328). We look forward to doing business with you soon.

Regards,
Josh
Old 07-19-01, 04:58 PM
leathrseats.com
Former Vendor

Default NEW leather interior for your SC...

Dear Members,

We were asked by one of your fellow members to introduce ourselves to those of you interested in acquiring new leather seat covers for your SC300s and 400s. We are currently working with a local buyer to add your pattern to our automated production line. We will offer all of the leather seat covers for all 92-96 SC300/400 vehicles. We will also be developing the center console cover to those who need it as well. The door inserts will not be available through us. The price of the kit while in R&D will be $799.00 + shipping. The console cover will be available for $55.00. These prices will include FREE two-toning in any of our 54 colors along with 2 FREE embroiderys. We will be offering the Lexus L symbol although we will need to split the cost of the digitization among those who choose it. The total cost should be about $120.00. We are very excited about the chance to work with the members of this club and have thus decided to drop the price as long as we get a minimum order of 7 kits. The price will drop to $749.00 plus shipping to all 7 group buyers. Let us know what you think. We already have 3 of the 7 buys that you will need confirmed and if any of you would like to add your name to this list of buyers please contact me asap. Our toll FREE number is 1-866-NEWSEAT. Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Eric
Group Buy Dept.
C.F.I.

Last edited by leathrseats.com; 07-19-01 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-19-01, 05:56 PM
c_irie
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Is there a plan to add the door pieces ? these pieces especially the drivers side is usually one of the more worn leather pieces ...probably more than most back seats and it will also look kinda silly to have all new leather seats and center console with the door armrest looking old and worn ...IMO
Old 07-21-01, 06:37 AM
Whitmanpc1
Driver

Default door pieces

I spoke with these guys, and they told me that they'd sell the pieces of leather for you to use for the doors, but that's it.

I don't know exactly what's involved in installing them, but they said it was extrememly difficult...
Old 07-23-01, 08:01 PM
leathrseats.com
Former Vendor

Default Door inserts for your Lexi...

Dear Members,

We were considering doing developing the door insert when we did the pattern, but the install is far to difficult for the average do-it-yourselfer, or so I am told. The door is actually a one-peice panel and it requires a very tedious and experienced installer to make it look good let alone not break the door panel in two. I personally have no experiene with this door insert, but our production manager is willing to develope the pattern if someone will send us door panels. Our local car owner does not want them replaced. Let us know.

Regards,
Eric
Attached Thumbnails Leather Seat replacement-myfrontseats1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Leather Seat replacement