SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Has anyone ever though about selling the SC...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-05, 12:20 PM
neoprelude
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone ever though about selling the SC...

I wanted to get an e36 m3... But everytime I get out of the SC and give her a passing glance, I really don't know if I have the heart to let her part from me. Sure the m3 handles better, is faster but I just love my SC to death and I noticed this extremely now that I wanted to get an m3 and sell her and relized I am very very attached to her. Anyone ever thought about selling then just couldn't?
Old 10-01-05, 12:32 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

I have an E36 and 2 SC's. They are completely different critters. If you are into fast, quick, agile cars that are pretty much all sport and little luxury, the E36 is the way to go. If you like comfort and luxury with a bit of power, the SC is all you.

I actually wanted both so I decided not to choose, I just bought both

Old 10-01-05, 01:29 PM
RaynArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thought about it............ never gonna think of it again, im keepin it
Old 10-01-05, 01:40 PM
soarer5780
Lead Lap

i dont know im thinking about it, I want a benz e55 2000-2002 but i have no idea whats gonna happen next year
Old 10-01-05, 02:08 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

yea i think about it sometimes. A na supra 5 sp with targa is tempting but i stopped looking at them lol.
Old 10-01-05, 02:17 PM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

Ive decided im selling mine. Its a nice car, and I really like it, but the gas is killing me.

I like to drive fast, but my SC doesnt. It demands way to much fuel, to be daily driven with the way I drive.

I guess Im used to four cylinders, and the way the price of gas is rising, and the amount of driving I do daily, I think its going to be back to a four cylinder for me.

Jordan
Old 10-01-05, 02:21 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by na4now
Ive decided im selling mine. Its a nice car, and I really like it, but the gas is killing me.

I like to drive fast, but my SC doesnt. It demands way to much fuel, to be daily driven with the way I drive.

I guess Im used to four cylinders, and the way the price of gas is rising, and the amount of driving I do daily, I think its going to be back to a four cylinder for me.

Jordan
My E36's 6 banger get's 25+ mpg. Seems to do fine. The lexus get's around 18 I guess. It's been a while since I looked into it.
Old 10-01-05, 03:04 PM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

Well I test milage every tank. Alot of around town driving gets about 15-17mpg.

The best I can get on the highway is 23 (keeping it under 80mph). And thats turning the AC off until I start sweating, and then back on to cool off. (believe it or not) My dad thinks thats the funniest thing.

Now....for milage comparison, I have a Honda Prelude (i know its not a lexus), that gets 33mpg highway. And it does 14.6 in the quarter mile (perrty swuft). I just really like the efficiency.

If my lexus performed like that, and got some great milage, Id never sell it. To me, the SC is one of the best looking cars on the road.

Theres a time when practicality becomes relavent.

Jordan
Old 10-01-05, 07:12 PM
skpark70
Lexus Champion

I just acquired 01 GS430 and thought about selling but just couldn't do it. I'm sure GS is better car but SC still is my favorite.
Old 10-01-05, 11:57 PM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

i kind of want a scion xb.
Old 10-02-05, 05:33 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I sold my 93 Soarer twin turbo, looked at getting either a 98 GS300 or a 97~ Chaser Tourer V but the GS3 was still outta my price range and the Chasers I've seen are pretty banged up.

Then I took a step back to analyse... I like decent power, I like smooth ride, I like timeless shape and I don't need 4 doors. So I went out and bought a 97 Soarer VVTi single turbo

Anyway, yes I've thought about it before and sell for a different car but for me nothing stacks up value wise.
Old 10-02-05, 10:34 AM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by neoprelude
I wanted to get an e36 m3... But everytime I get out of the SC and give her a passing glance, I really don't know if I have the heart to let her part from me. Sure the m3 handles better, is faster but I just love my SC to death and I noticed this extremely now that I wanted to get an m3 and sell her and relized I am very very attached to her. Anyone ever thought about selling then just couldn't?

that's exactly what ends up happening to me
it's really frustrating - this car really does grow on you

I think about it - go to work - get out and see the car sitting there on it's own - the sun hitting it on the right angle, and the care just comes to life - I get grin on my face
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone ever though about selling the SC...-jsdjfjsid.jpg  

Last edited by Goldark; 10-02-05 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-02-05, 05:39 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

i sold my sc300 2 years ago and couldnt stand not having one...just bought another...i dont reccommend selling it
jeff
Old 10-02-05, 10:39 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought about it...e46 M3 tempted me, black Supra TT tempted me..But I could never pull the trigger..I just love this car too much..I put wayy too much of my time and effort into it....My blood and sweat is worth a million dollars...Plus, everytime I wash and wax my car, I fall in love with it all over again..4 years of ownership, 4 years of love and happiness..I couldn't ask for more..
Old 10-05-05, 01:45 AM
NPSC303
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by One HoT
I thought about it...e46 M3 tempted me, black Supra TT tempted me..But I could never pull the trigger..I just love this car too much..I put wayy too much of my time and effort into it....My blood and sweat is worth a million dollars...Plus, everytime I wash and wax my car, I fall in love with it all over again..4 years of ownership, 4 years of love and happiness..I couldn't ask for more..

Awwwww.... that's sooo sweet... However, i must admit i have quite the infatuation with my ride as well. Not many other cars out there that i'm really attracted to (though i really am a automaniac) However, if I had the choise between her and say a 2006 Aston Martin Vantage V8 well... you know.... Though if I could actually afford a Vantage I could probably afford to keep my first love as well

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever though about selling the SC...