SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

FINALLY!!!! My car PICS and story. :::CHECK IT OUT:::

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-05, 10:05 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FINALLY!!!! My car PICS and story. :::CHECK IT OUT:::

well after about 3 months since I got this car and joined this forum. I have been working on my SC since the day I got it and it literally took all that time working , sweating, and dealing with frustrations of this car. So heres my story:

i got it 3 months ago from a CL member from chicago. When I got it, it needed some body work mainly and other few things such as lug studs, cleaning, etc. Here is a pic of it:

as soon as i bought it and waiting for its arrival, i have already planned and purchased all my parts i wanted to put on this car. so after a month this is how it came out:

i had big plans for this car. I was happy with this outcome but I wanted BETTER. This was my first lex and I wanted it to be really nice and nicer than all my previous cars. SO I DECIDED TO HAD SOMEONE fix my paint job that i did and change it to BLACK since I really like how black looks and It would look OH JUST SO HOT .........

BUT I GUESS I WAS WRONG!!!

IDIOT freakin ruined my paint and car. he messed up the paint, painted my headlights and taillights, windows, door panels with OVERSPRAY. guy didnt even know what he was doing after he said he has been painting for a while and went to school for it. I NEVER HAD ANYONE TOUCH OR WORK ON MY CAR AND THE FIRST TIME I DID WITH THE INTENTION OF IT BEING BETTER THAN MY WORK, WORST YET PAYING SOMEONE TO DO IT. I mean im no PRO but comon. It gets WORST!!! He left me with the car like this, took my money and moved!!!

So now Im stuck with a ruined car, out of over $1k cash and MORE b/c of the other damaged parts. So being frustrated and basically ready to quit at this moment, I finally decided to work with what I got and try to fix the car. Finally, I finished it. ITS NO SHOW CAR, OR A FACTORY CLEAN CAR as It once was. But I guess I gotta work with what i got The car is I guess done for now. Im really starting to want to just sell it. Here's a TEASER

you guys can view all the pics and see all the imperfections and how crappy my car is now. There are alot of orange peel, dust over spray, and runs. I will try to wetsand the car and buff and polish it this week hoping it will get better. You guys can view all the pics here:

http://photobucket.com/albums/b217/I...aII/SCforsale/

Alright. Let the BASHING begin. I know alot of people in this forum got really nice cars. I was hoping I would be one of them and in return, project just didnt went as smoothly as expected. Well what is a guy to do you know? Thanks for your feedback and inputs guys.
Old 10-02-05, 10:33 PM
livesc400
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Man!! I hate that for ya . You should hunt the guy down and make him pay for the new paint. I think with some new headlights and another paint job she will look just fine. I say keep it. It look as if you put a lot of work into the car. LOVE THE WHEELS THOUGH!! They are SWEET!
Old 10-02-05, 10:34 PM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

way nicer then what ive got. im loving it. just get the paint fixed and you are set!
Old 10-02-05, 10:48 PM
JJG2005
Lead Lap

Damn, what he did to your car really sucks

If you spend a weekend wetsanding the car, then claybaring, buffing out, etc it looks like the paint could definately be saved
Old 10-02-05, 10:55 PM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree get it fixed its a sweet car not worth sellin becouse of a bad paint job

ohh and i belive ppl like that painter r y we have small claims ;-)
Old 10-02-05, 11:12 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

yea i was wondering about that just have it wet sanded and clayed and buffed.
Old 10-02-05, 11:20 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

i will be doing that this week and see how it comes out....but yea thanks and keep the comments coming..i could use some of your guy's inputs=)
Old 10-02-05, 11:31 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Man, I really feel for ya!! That man hosed your beautiful car.... You need to definitely hunt him down, and get him to refund your money. I question if any amount of sanding will repair that paint. Loks like you really need to repaint the car. Good luck to you...

Ryan
Old 10-03-05, 12:32 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Awww man that really sucks, it looks really good too (well when it was white)... don't give up on it man, you know you didn't come this far with it to let it go

Best of luck, and those wheels are DOPE.

Jose
Old 10-03-05, 08:48 AM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

from far away it looks pretty damn nice

I say save up again and get a nice professional black paint job for the exterior...you'll fall in lover with her all over again. nice Works BTW
Old 10-03-05, 10:14 AM
GRIFFIN TT
Driver

I really like your wheels
Old 10-03-05, 10:24 AM
Din
Lexus Champion

what did they use enamal base paint?? i would be pissed. how much they charge you 200$?
Old 10-03-05, 10:33 AM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by happypanda

I actually dig this look with the roja rims. love those rims
Old 10-03-05, 10:56 AM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

ahhh so you were the guy selling the set of 3 RO_JA rims on zilvia? Did you ever sell those?
I ended up buying an identical complete set and I really like the look of them. They are even forged.

That really is an awful paint job I would say cut your losses and start again with a reputable body man. Learn how to prep yourself and take it down to bare metal if you want to save money.
Old 10-03-05, 11:18 AM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

I really liked how it looked white. Very nice, but I know that was the past and nothing you can do now. Like someone else said, would definitley look into a small claims case unless you have no idea where the guy took off to. Good Luck

Quick Reply: FINALLY!!!! My car PICS and story. :::CHECK IT OUT:::