SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I'm a new owner and I have LOT's of questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-05 | 08:51 PM
Allenchang
Driver

Default I'm a new owner and I have LOT's of questions.

Im new to this forum...as i just recently bought a 93 lexus sc400.....althought it had a salvage title...the engine/chassis only had 65k miles....plus i couldnt resist it for 4000 bucks.....here are my list of problems..i searched everywhere and couldnt find anything on it...

1. my rear view mirror was cracked..went to the junkyard found one for 25 bucks...heres the funny part..the owner of the new mirror had a screw that didnt fit in it...so the guy at the junk broke the glass and handed me the whole peice...i went home and looked as the entire screw was worn/grinded out....so i took of my mirror...and couldnt really find any alternative on how to switch them....as far as the ideas ive came up with is somehow remove the clip/holster on the window now..(somehow get the glue off)..and then do the same with the one i got from the junk.....and buy some glue and glue it on there...if anybody knoes how to even take it off and what glue to use..please help

2.i was driving and found a slight drip of water underneath the passenger glove compartment....the carpet was wet so i got curious and took apart the entire glove and found out that one of the ac plastic boxes had a crack...so i went back the junk and learned that it called a soup box or somethin like that...the guy had really bad accent....and i also found out u basically got to take out ur entire dash to put in the soup box or whatever as it comes in one huge attachment to some ac stuff....anywayz..he was willign to sell me the entire thing for 100 bucks....but heres the problem i dont know what i should do...1. fill the crack with pvc stuff.....or change the whole thing....

3. while im driving the car...the common ball joint/lower support arms...creak...ive read up on it about just replacing the bushing as to the more expensive control arm assemb.....but i dont know any mechanic shops to go to around southern cali to get the car inspected first..since the car is salvage....the aligment is fine..but to jsut get on the safer side....I had just moved to Glendora, Ca 3 months ago...dont know many places around here.....aside from that i just got into cars last year......so im desp. in need for help...anything would be nice...preferably..if u guys know a garage in southern cali i can go to that specialize in sc's or somethin.......

4. my glove compartment doesnt seem to fully close it kinda hangs out on the left side the side without the spring....ive also read on it and saw it had only spring..but im just wondering why mine slants like that...and if theres anything i can do...

anyhting will be nice guys.....just in desp. need for help....also i was wondering how much the the two front seat and the back seat is worth....they are in decent condition...as the back is perfect cept one part where the stitchin fell apart...the passenger has no cracks...just little wear...driver has a few cracks..but in decent condition..only driven 65k miles...i was wondering if i can get atleast 1500 bucks off with all three with their motor assembly..etc....all are working nfine..but one of my friends is selling his brand new set of sparco bucket seat wrapped in in italian leather for that price..so...any opinion will be nice.
Old 10-11-05 | 11:48 PM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

hey welcome to CL

1. You should just buy a broadway mirror and tack it over the rear view mirror.

3. Replacing the LCA only works for the front LCA. You can get Supra front LCA's for about $400 for the pair and it includes the bushings. The rear LCA's for Supras do not fit the SC's so you will have to buy SC rear LCA's, which cost around $800+. I'd recommend just replacing the bushings for the rear IMO.

Used seats probably do not go for that much. Guaging from the classified section here, if you seats are tan, then ~$300-$400 for the front two seats and a couple of hundred for the rear. Black leather goes for slightly more. I might be wrong...check the classifieds for ads.
Old 10-12-05 | 08:06 AM
Allenchang
Driver

what year supra lca would fit?...i have a 93.....also ive already removed the mirror..wondering if i can somehow removed the glue on the mount in the orginal mirror mount........do you know of any auto garages in southern cali that i can go to , to get my car inspected...thks...plus ill post pics of the problems this afternoon....thks guys
Old 10-12-05 | 08:09 AM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

you can take your car to todd @ www.tmengineering.net
he's in the carson area