SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I can't believe it. I am in F&F3!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-05, 07:13 PM
Chambers
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
You're right, but we're not just talking about his car. We're talking any Soarer/SC in general.
I see i see. i guess we should jsut hope that the Automatics will scare away ricers.
Old 10-17-05, 07:26 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chambers
I see i see. i guess we should jsut hope that the Automatics will scare away ricers.
Best case scenario: SC owners now that want to sell raise their prices imediately after the movie hits.

If the ricers are scared by automatics, then my car is safe and the value is still higher than what I bought it for.
Old 10-17-05, 07:35 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by autoboy
i got a phone call this morning and its the guys from FAST AND FURIOUS 3 and they want to used my car for the movie , so i went to go drop it of today im so tired but after all it was a good turn out so kool
Your SC is fly and CONGRATS!!! This is stuck
Old 10-17-05, 07:37 PM
LexFather

Lets not forget, that we had members SCs in both I and II. (I think II, I know I for sure).
Old 10-17-05, 07:40 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 361 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Lets not forget, that we had members SCs in both I and II. (I think II, I know I for sure).
There was only one SC at Race Wars in The Fast and The Furious, the one with the HUGE wing, that was a member here?

There was an SC as was pointed out in a differented thread in 2Fast2Furious that belongs to a member here on CL, during the gigantic car warehouse scene.
Old 10-18-05, 03:52 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

my sc was the one in 2f2f...in the wharehouse scene........silver sc300 turbo and 6spd
it was a full screen shot but it was pretty quick so it was hard to identify
Jeff
Old 10-18-05, 10:47 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC300TURBO
my sc was the one in 2f2f...in the wharehouse scene........silver sc300 turbo and 6spd
it was a full screen shot but it was pretty quick so it was hard to identify
Jeff

Looks like it was you driving it though...at least when I play it back in slow-mo.
Old 10-18-05, 02:12 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

yeah it was me driving in that scene Mr. Luthor.....hows the NSX treating you?..and the wife?....

we filmed for like a week there and somedays i had a stunt driver and other days it was me driving.....i thinik i drove it harder than the stunt driver
Jeff
Old 10-18-05, 11:19 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

yeah it was me driving in that scene Mr. Luthor.....hows the NSX treating you?..and the wife?....

we filmed for like a week there and somedays i had a stunt driver and other days it was me driving.....i thinik i drove it harder than the stunt driver
Jeff

Wife is treating me fine...I don't think she was prepared for this level of automotive madness . NSX has been great other than yesterday...A/C idler decided to go on strike. Seem to have found a real healthy one..this one is quicker than my other one with all the work done to it. We'll see how it responds to upgrades I checked the movie again...there's one good frame where you can clearly see your sexy head as you're about to take off out of the warehouse. Wonder what ever happened to John Nguyen's purple one from the first movie...I know he un-riced it a little and went charcoal widebody, but that was still a couple years ago. Jeff have you made a post about yours yet?
- Jon
Old 10-19-05, 03:22 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

not yet...i have one more thing to do before i make my post...then it will be out of the closet
and i wanna drive the nsx
Jeff
Old 10-19-05, 08:21 AM
GRIFFIN TT
Driver

not yet...i have one more thing to do before i make my post...then it will be out of the closet
Jeff
By any chance is this the same Jeff that works for the FD? Are you friends with Danny?
If so I know who you are
Old 10-19-05, 08:28 AM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GRIFFIN TT
By any chance is this the same Jeff that works for the FD? Are you friends with Danny?
If so I know who you are
Stop trying to be popular j/k
Old 10-19-05, 12:01 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

i do work as a fireman/paramedic....and i know danny with the supra...is that who your refering too?
Jeff
Old 10-19-05, 06:16 PM
Psionic
Lead Lap

I will give some input as a "noob" with very little experience around the SC300 (~ 1 month or so).

I just happened to see one driving down the road and I wondered what it was. I looked it up and found out that it was a SC300/400. I test drove one and really liked the luxury/drivability aspect of it. It was only when I started shopping around to buy one that I found out the potential of the SC300 (I blame these forums ).

There are 2 things to consider here: 1) Most kids have the words "Honda" engraved in thier brains as being the ultimate in driving performance. 2) These same kids think the word "Lexus" is completely out of thier league, and more of a rich-mans toy. I think that most of these kids will not percieve the SC300/400 as the true cars that they are, and that the prices will stay down (the market is still pretty flooded with them as it is...)

This is assuming that the Lexus has a very small role in FF3. The Supra has a major role and thats why it had the impact it did. I think the 1jz/2jz engines will have more of a price spike than the SC300s will. (Actually, I think the video of the 9 sec Lexus will have more of an impact on thier prices than anything else )
Old 10-19-05, 07:02 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Then get your *** up here...but be carefull...I may end up converting you...

By the way there's several NSX's in FF3...at least according to the pics on the NSX site. Psionic...when I was a kid I definitely did not equate Honda w/ the ultimate in driving performance...guess things have changed alot.

Quick Reply: I can't believe it. I am in F&F3!