SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

who owns the sc300's at FF3?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-05, 10:09 PM
cinno
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Cinno, welcome to ClubLexus! I'd ask you not YELL back at other members like you did above. We foster a community attitude here on our forum and the 'search' response you got was in line with your very vague initial question. There is as you know another thread going on the same topic and there was no way for the member responding to know you had already read it.

I'd suggest if you added the following piece of information your original post would have had a little more specific welcome

Again, welcome to our forum but please don't start ordering people around on your first day. That's my job
he made the comment like he knew I hadnt searched. I did and did not find the info i was lookin for. if he didnt know the answer , then dont post to be mean and assume i did not search.

im not here to be ordered around either. i told him to do what he told me to do.

I understand that the evo used was modded and is no longer AWD.
what does ROO do for the film? you have car in the cast? is that the final workin title for the movie?

I have never seen this litttle bowwow act. is he that bad?
Old 10-16-05, 12:35 AM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cinno
I understand that the evo used was modded and is no longer AWD.
could be, i stopped inquiring once i heard APR was doing the bodywork on the car.....with all the JDM loving the evos have out there, why APR?? I'll tell you why....because they can't plan worth crap and they didn't have time to import a JDM EVO kit....very very lame...

what does ROO do for the film? you have car in the cast? is that the final workin title for the movie?
I've been helping coordinate some of the vehicles and parts for Universal. (and trying to sway them to some good stuff) I haven't been offered any role in the movie personally but we're building like 7 350Z's at our Japanese office...so at least some cars should be decent in this movie. The title is official but who knows, they might change it....

I have never seen this litttle bowwow act. is he that bad?

Old 10-16-05, 12:56 AM
ev0ti0n
Driver

Well I'm not just saying because he's asian he automatically knows about cars/drifting, but I'm just saying he's probably closer to the scene than directors like John Singleton. He does drive a Porsche, too. Heh. But anyways, Justin Lin is a great director, indeed.

Oh yea, Bow Wow's movie alias is "Twinkie". I think he should be cut.
Old 10-16-05, 11:39 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ev0ti0n
Well I'm not just saying because he's asian he automatically knows about cars/drifting, but I'm just saying he's probably closer to the scene than directors like John Singleton. He does drive a Porsche, too. Heh. But anyways, Justin Lin is a great director, indeed.

Oh yea, Bow Wow's movie alias is "Twinkie". I think he should be cut.
He was just as clueless to the scene as any other director but hopefully he's a bit more educated right now. I liked his other movies so my main hope as that he has a better understanding of the real scene than most people. It's asking alot but hell, he should do his homework if he's being paid the big $$ for this kind of a production.

bow wow is just

I think the move was made because all of the other actors are grassroots and they needed somebody famous in it. Worse than bow wow are the asian actors they cast.....playing Japanese characters and none of them are Japanese. You'd think with relaity TV being so popular they might actually get some realistic characters going on but i guess not.
Old 10-17-05, 05:28 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 301 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by roo
All I can say so far is the main cars keep getting lamer and lamer. There were plans for G35's and a few other cars that got scrapped for EVO's with USDM bodykits....big turn in the wrong direction. Besides...Tokyo Drift? EVOs? If they want EVO'S drifting, why not call it Tokyo Rally? Hell, with all the USDMness, why not just call it So Cal Rally...the movie is Teriyaki chicken...it pleases the masses but it's more fake Japanese than anything.

One of these days a producer with an actual background in Japanese Motorsports or the Automotive industry will make a great movie....until then, we're stuck with this...
Indeed it does please the masses, and in Hollywood, the less it cost, the more money it makes.

Look at who this movie is marketed towards. 11-16/18 year old boys and girls that like to see "cool" and "fast" cars. They know not the difference between a USDM bodykit and a JDM bodykit, hell, they don't even know what USDM and JDM mean. Unfortunately for us enthusiasts who notice the differences, it must be a whole lot cheaper for them to take this route than to be completely accurate, when their market is just in it to have a good time looking at modified cars.
Old 10-17-05, 06:44 AM
Koma

Originally Posted by NYLexSC
Indeed it does please the masses, and in Hollywood, the less it cost, the more money it makes.

Look at who this movie is marketed towards. 11-16/18 year old boys and girls that like to see "cool" and "fast" cars. They know not the difference between a USDM bodykit and a JDM bodykit, hell, they don't even know what USDM and JDM mean. Unfortunately for us enthusiasts who notice the differences, it must be a whole lot cheaper for them to take this route than to be completely accurate, when their market is just in it to have a good time looking at modified cars.
There are a small amount of young enthusiasts.
Me for example. I started the day I saw the 93 Supra. My dad has his eye on it but he couldn't get it because he had a family and a 2+2 sports car is not the ideal way to move your family around.
This was when I was in like 3rd grade. I didn't know much until my teenage years. Than I did research (thank you internet). Now I'd say I'm an average enthusiasts. I know my stuff but can't do any outstanding work on my car. I'm not mechanically inclined but I can do normal maintenance.
If I had more money and time I'd invest in learning how to do the things I want to do for my car.
Oh and I'm only 19 now.
Old 10-17-05, 07:01 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 301 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Koma
There are a small amount of young enthusiasts.
Me for example. I started the day I saw the 93 Supra. My dad has his eye on it but he couldn't get it because he had a family and a 2+2 sports car is not the ideal way to move your family around.
This was when I was in like 3rd grade. I didn't know much until my teenage years. Than I did research (thank you internet). Now I'd say I'm an average enthusiasts. I know my stuff but can't do any outstanding work on my car. I'm not mechanically inclined but I can do normal maintenance.
If I had more money and time I'd invest in learning how to do the things I want to do for my car.
Oh and I'm only 19 now.
I agree, its the same with me (I'm also 19), but the majority of people for whom this movie is geared towards do not know what we know.
Old 10-17-05, 07:08 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

he made the comment like he knew I hadnt searched. I did and did not find the info i was lookin for. if he didnt know the answer , then dont post to be mean and assume i did not search.

im not here to be ordered around either. i told him to do what he told me to do.
I also don't like a generic 'use search' reply but you gave no indication you had searched or even seen the active discussion on the exact same topic you posted about. Most new members do not search and he even linked the thread trying to help you out.

Your reply above continues the same rude attitude your second post did.... All I'm asking is that you please be a bit more friendly with how you approach your responses on our forum. I'm not asking that much of you.
Old 10-17-05, 05:29 PM
MongolKhan
Lexus Test Driver

I am hoping FF3 will do bad and Hollywood would just stop making "tuner" movies, period. Who is this Justin Lin, i never heard of him before.

Even if they feature SC's in the movie, i dont think there will be a craze for SC's, cause SC's are not cheap and aftermarket stuff is not cheap too.
Old 10-19-05, 09:38 AM
STRONG SC
Lead Lap

hopefully more peeps will buy into SC's so they can start mass producing suspension parts at affordable prices!!!!! A friend of mines is close friends with the director, I got sent the script to the movie and an invite to try out for it, but due to school and possible tapin' in Tokyo, I had to pass.....

Hope they show some funny stuff in there such *** FF sliding around! Those movies aren't meant to be documentaries but fairly entertainment. It's like watching a sci-fi movie. heheh...
Old 10-19-05, 10:02 AM
cinno
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I also don't like a generic 'use search' reply but you gave no indication you had searched or even seen the active discussion on the exact same topic you posted about. Most new members do not search and he even linked the thread trying to help you out.

Your reply above continues the same rude attitude your second post did.... All I'm asking is that you please be a bit more friendly with how you approach your responses on our forum. I'm not asking that much of you.

thats fine and understandable. but people shouldnt be so quick to assume that 'newbies' dont use the search function before asking a question. there are more than a few very nice Lexus cars (VIP & race type) being used. not just the ONE guy that he knows of. Thanks for the link but the 'SEARCH' part wasnt needed.

A friend of mine said that the studio had been moving cars to another location and just happen to have a camera. can post images when he sends them over .

Also,The whole set moves to Japan in December to shoot
Old 10-20-05, 08:53 AM
LexusPunk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MongolKhan
I am hoping FF3 will do bad and Hollywood would just stop making "tuner" movies, period. Who is this Justin Lin, i never heard of him before.

Even if they feature SC's in the movie, i dont think there will be a craze for SC's, cause SC's are not cheap and aftermarket stuff is not cheap too.
Um ...my SC was $6500. Aftermarket stuff is not cheap, but most people's cars (not talking about SC people ) are atleast twice that of what I paid. My girlfriends Explorer was purchased for $18000 (good deal) and everyday I think about all the goodies I could get if I could put $11,500 into my SC.
Old 10-20-05, 08:57 AM
LexusPunk
Pole Position

Is Brian O'Conner in it?
IMO...Ludacris is a better choice than Bow Wow. Heck, Lil Romeo is better. Atleast his dad has been moding his cars for him since he was 11. The kid had his own moded car and couldnt even drive it.