SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

whats the best wheel set up for drift?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-05, 02:41 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here it is for you!

Try a good set of 18" that way if you decide to change out your suspension to Eibachs, teins, etc the ride high can be adjusted with out the wheels rubbing. Try to get a rim with a good displacement, so that you will have room to add some supra big 4 piston brake calipers in the future if you choose too, twice the braking power. Don't get an LSD unless you plan to change out your torque converter, like to a dragon torque converter, you will never get those rear tires spinning on the stock Torque converter so traction is not necessary such as an LSD. If you do get an LSD get the Supra tt, it is not to aggressive and does not make noise like a Kazz LSD, TRD is the best and the price reflects that. Good luck
Old 10-24-05, 03:05 PM
ev0ti0n
Driver

ANY lightweight and strong wheels. That should be enough. Volks...rays...grams...etc. However, drifting relies more on suspension, braking, and of course your LSD for basics. Concentrate on those first then talk about wheels.
Old 10-24-05, 03:15 PM
soardrft
Lead Lap

Try a good set of 18" that way if you decide to change out your suspension to Eibachs, teins, etc the ride high can be adjusted with out the wheels rubbing. Don't get an LSD unless you plan to change out your torque converter, like to a dragon torque converter, you will never get those rear tires spinning on the stock Torque converter so traction is not necessary such as an LSD. If you do get an LSD get the Supra tt, it is not to aggressive and does not make noise like a Kazz LSD, TRD is the best and the price reflects that. Good luck

please don't buy eibachs for drifting. i am currently using that suspension and it sucks. it has no adjustablility, the springs are pretty soft, and worse you have to buy a set of shocks that are not going to last. as for the LSD and i am sure many people agree when it comes to drifting go buy a 2-way lsd save you time and money if you are serious about drifting you sc. yes with kaaz, trd, and cusco you will have noises, but like you said you sc is for drift. as for your original post 18x10 or 17x9 i rotate between both, but i prefer 17x9 on a stock motor. if you have an automatic really good luck with drifting. i started out with a autosc for drift and the only way i was happy was after the 1jz motor swap and still auto did not work out for me. like everyone else says GOOD LUCK.