SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
View Poll Results: cool or not
its the greatest thing ever
26.43%
drag racing is the only true automotive sport
5.71%
whatever i do what i want
51.43%
drifting? didn't they do that in one of thoes furious and somthing or other movies?
23.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

drifting: cool or tool?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-05, 06:43 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ATL-SC
hey here is the sober post. sorry bout that.
it seems like there is alot of new guys picking up SC's in the ATL area. I have heard alot about seloc and i am a member of their forum but havent had the chance to go to any of their meets.
maybe we should get so SC's together for the next sothern fried slide down at turnner feild.
SOunds like a plan to me! We all went to the Lexus Taste of Luxury Together a couple weeks back.

Old 11-11-05, 11:33 AM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
SOunds like a plan to me! We all went to the Lexus Taste of Luxury Together a couple weeks back.
cool do you have any of the pics from the meet?
what side of atlanta are you on?
im stuck with all of the ricers near barret parkway. haha
Old 11-12-05, 10:59 AM
JZSoarerQT
Driver

I'd like to get into drifting...I think drifting allows you to have extreme car control for whatever condition arrives. Hence why not everyone can be a drifter...it takes a lot of practice and patience.

I think everyone that hates on it, is just doing so because they themselves cannot drift. Usually when one cant do something...they will not take to it well. Ive done drag racing and thats not a hard one to learn...Ive dabbled with some road racing as well....and personally like it more than drag.

Power is nothing without control....smooth is fast
Old 11-14-05, 10:25 PM
Mikethe1st
Rookie

For all those wanting to drift or take their sc out onto the track now is the time. TRACK EVENT NOVEMBER 25TH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where: Buttonwillow
What: TRACK DAY, DRIFT, GRIP....
This is kinda last minute but there are still spots available for this event. Grip/Drift whatever you want to do, we got the full track. Its being held at Buttonwillow on November 25th. More info at: Shockdrifting Website
Old 11-15-05, 06:02 AM
legendary
Racer

Mikethe1st, you should post that info in the regional forum, where it will get more visibility. I thank you guys for keeping this thread from getting too enflamed (sp) with personal opinions of foolery and ricers.
Old 11-15-05, 07:41 AM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by legendary
Mikethe1st, you should post that info in the regional forum, where it will get more visibility. I thank you guys for keeping this thread from getting too enflamed (sp) with personal opinions of foolery and ricers.
i have to agree. i originaly posted this to see what CL stood for, and if all of the new members were going to try to keep things classy and not act like we are on riceforums.com(i hope there isnt a forum with that name) and im proud to say from what ive seen CL is a place where we can just talk about what we do and not always have to insult each other. And as far as drift or not, i say to each his own. But if you do please just school all those 240's just kidding
Old 11-16-05, 10:38 AM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

drifting = tail out jackassery

drifting was fun back in the day when it was all about having fun, regardless of who you were, what you knew or what you drove.

Nowadays, drifting/drifters connotate some kind of lifestyle/fashion/attitude. The latter being the one that really gets to me. (Evidenced if you read any post in one of the popular 240sx forums-- each new thread spawns a non-stop conga line of sarcastic remarks of little or no value, and devoid of any technical merit)

My stereotypical image of the 'drifter' is a 20 year old kid, sporting highly fashionable rockstar attire, and with a know-it-all sarcastic attitude. Essentially, it's the image of the typical rebellious (yet highly impressionable) teenager who doesn't know any better. Trendy, you could say.

It's unfortunate, but I think it's current image will prevent drifting from really growing as a motorsport.

Although theres a lot of new members on CL that got SC300's due to drifting, i'm glad the maturity level has stayed relatively high, and we're not hearing about wrecked SC's every day.

VIP is ultimately going to be the next fad, but since it takes money to do that...CL should be in the clear
Old 11-16-05, 11:01 AM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MikeFD3S
VIP is ultimately going to be the next fad, but since it takes money to do that...CL should be in the clear
Yup, VIP is definatly the next fad.... although it's going to take awhile for it to build momentum. I think the show car scene will be most impacted by it, especially since VIP cars are essentially very nice, expensive, tastefully modd'd, show cars. Hell, I might start going to car shows if that's the case..lol

for VIP
Old 11-16-05, 11:05 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

VIP is current as far as i can see. there are more and more people trying to make their car look more than what its worth. its also current because of people not being able to pick up drifting as fast . it is really hard to get into events or just be able to get the car sideways for most people. that's another reason why. and the last reason why people stick with VIP. the cops stay off your A$$. as far as the drifting attitude i kinda agree. every kid i see has some type of justin timberlake look to them. sad to say i love drifting, but me in a tight t-shirt just aint going to work out. also the remarks most drifters have against others is not the best. every dirfter i have spoken to has an attitude that they are better or they have the best technique. sad to say i still love drifting.
Old 11-16-05, 01:50 PM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

i don't know with all the new blood it may take a while, my self included, all we can hope is that we dont become the next 240sx.
Old 11-16-05, 02:03 PM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by soardrft
there are more and more people trying to make their car look more than what its worth. .
Better than the opposite

Originally Posted by soardrft
. every dirfter i have spoken to has an attitude that they are better or they have the best technique. sad to say i still love drifting.
ding ding ding "what is Street Cred"
its fun to compeat to be the best but some people are too serious. but as long as you have fun, right.
we teens are so pathetic haha. the illusion of being the alpha male
Old 11-18-05, 08:00 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

ding ding ding "what is Street Cred"
its fun to compeat to be the best but some people are too serious. but as long as you have fun, right.

i guess i am the serious guy. go hard or go home is how i feel toward anyone wanting to drift. yes it teaches you control(in some ways). yes its fun to show off. and the part i love the most is telling stories about my battle scars. it is fun to compete, but why be the guy talking all day when you know you have no idea what you are doing. yes its fun to talk to others about drifting, but kill the elite attitude. some people take it way to far and have nothing to show for it. sad to say i love drifting, but in my journeys of trying to be professional with my quote on quote heavy car i have ran in to people who said they were the best and after the event began packed up quietly.

Give respect where respect is due. That is all i am trying to say.
Old 11-18-05, 08:06 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

we all know the only car that can drift is a 240sx
Old 11-18-05, 08:10 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

wow only the 240? how sad i started learning with my lex and change to a 240sx, just because i thought it was easy, but i am back in my sc trying to school the 240's. works in some cases. plus the mods are so close to the same amount of money why not drift on track and pimp at night?
Old 11-18-05, 08:13 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

lol its a local florida thing.. people only think 240s can drift, nothing else

Quick Reply: drifting: cool or tool?