SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
View Poll Results: cool or not
its the greatest thing ever
26.43%
drag racing is the only true automotive sport
5.71%
whatever i do what i want
51.43%
drifting? didn't they do that in one of thoes furious and somthing or other movies?
23.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

drifting: cool or tool?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-05, 08:29 AM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soardrft
why not drift on track and pimp at night?
couldn't agree more
it's like a soccer chick, she loves to get dirty but damn she can clean up nice.
Old 11-18-05, 08:31 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ATL-SC
couldn't agree more
it's like a soccer chick, she loves to get dirty but damn she can clean up nice.

I dated a redneck girl thinking the same thing, but they dont' clean up
Old 11-18-05, 08:51 AM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
I dated a redneck girl thinking the same thing, but they dont' clean up
wow sorry to hear that. but it just might be a sign jsut messing with you,
but good news the next list of motors comes in from jhot this week. so everyone pray for a 1jz 5spd.
oh yah and ive got dibs
Old 11-18-05, 09:17 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

to hell with motors those are a dime a dozen what about the suspension japan offers that takes 3-6 months for us to get? i was on japan auction site and they have used suspension for cheap. to bad they don't ship to USA
Old 11-18-05, 09:23 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

wow sorry to hear that. but it just might be a sign jsut messing with you,
but good news the next list of motors comes in from jhot this week. so everyone pray for a 1jz 5spd.
oh yah and ive got dibs
hey there buddy chill out, i'm ordering another 1jz also, automatic tho. I got seniority with that place, the owner in Japan loves my car

Lesson learned, don't date redneck girls, no matter how hot u think they can be if they clean up.. because they will never want to clean up.. the whole idea of finding a diamond in the rough is just a pipe dream, if they wanted to be "hot" they woulda stopped dressing like a scumbag years before u met them
Old 11-18-05, 11:30 AM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

i don't know with all the new blood it may take a while, my self included, all we can hope is that we dont become the next 240sx.

UUmmmmm you have nothing to worry about SC's are not considered to be a VIP car in the first place.
Old 11-18-05, 11:36 AM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

Lesson learned, don't date redneck girls, .... if they wanted to be "hot" they woulda stopped dressing like a scumbag years before u met them
if you cant take 'em home to mom you shouldn't take them anywhere.
hey what r u picking up another motor for?
im trying to get mine before the prices get to high and then install it this summer.
Old 11-18-05, 12:02 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Im getting a jump on this 1JZ sc300 movement. I have a stock 1993 daily driver sc300 that im installing the 1JZ into, with a vis bodykit, ebay staggered 18in rims, some cheap lowering springs, new leatherette seat covers, some cheap gauges, and sell on ebay motors for 13-15k when 3 fast 3 furious comes out.
Old 12-01-05, 12:15 PM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

Im getting a jump on this 1JZ sc300 movement. I have a stock 1993 daily driver sc300 that im installing the 1JZ into, with a vis bodykit, ebay staggered 18in rims, some cheap lowering springs, new leatherette seat covers, some cheap gauges, and sell on ebay motors for 13-15k when 3 fast 3 furious comes out.
not a bad plan if the movie works out the way we hope it does.
i went ahead and bought my 1jz manual and it will be coming in on the january shipment. i wish it was a bit cheaper but with the way that are going up in price i figured i'd get it now before the prices went any higher.
Old 12-01-05, 07:05 PM
neoprelude
Driver

As a hobby and having fun on your own time it's fun and cool, now treating it as the biggest auto sport (and you consider it an auto sport) and setting up the whole car for drift is pretty stupid and going overbored! Just my 2 cents, don't mean to offend any hardcore drifters lol...
Old 12-01-05, 07:09 PM
neoprelude
Driver

Originally Posted by TRD_Power
drifting and power sliding are two completely different things and ricers need to figure this out...... both are stupid in my opinion mostly a bunch of 16 yr old kids that just get their licenses and think they're already pro "drifters" so they go out, buy a beat 240SX, talk about all these future plans that will never happen, crash it, get a hand me down, then stop dreaming.....
LMAO sounds like this kid I know who turbo'd his is300 and was doin a tight drift yoooo (sorcasm lol) on a busy public road and hit 2 incoming cars and racked up around 15k in damage and even damaged the unibody. Also sounds like my friend matt with his 240sx who thinks he can drift so good and all this, when he's afraid to take his 240sx to redline and never went past 4500k haha!
Old 12-02-05, 05:51 AM
legendary
Racer

Let's keep on topic please....and personal bashing, etc. needs to be clipped now. Thanks
Old 12-02-05, 10:45 AM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

My drifting is limited to empty, wet parking lots in the early morning hours.
I don't do it to be cool (I try to make sure no-one is around). I do it to learn how to control the car in non-favorable weather conditions in case I ever need to use the skills to save my ***. *knocks on wood*

I have loads of respect for anyone who knows how to handle their car well.
I have no respect for anyone who purposely pushes their limits on public streets.
I also have no respect for fully sponsored cars or cars where the driver had nothing to do with building it.

With that said, my opinion on drifting is mixed. It highly depends on where it's being done, and who's doing it.

I also anticipate more attention from the city's finest and since it's pretty unavoidable, I've prepared for it by making my new ride look bone stock on the outside.

No comment on VIP. I'm a "function before fashion" guy.

~Alan
Old 12-04-05, 12:15 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SPORTcoupe

I have loads of respect for anyone who knows how to handle their car well.
I have no respect for anyone who purposely pushes their limits on public streets.
I also have no respect for fully sponsored cars or cars where the driver had nothing to do with building it.

No comment on VIP. I'm a "function before fashion" guy.

~Alan
1. I too have respect for the individuals who know how to handle a car well
2. I agree again. I have no respect for those acting like idiots on public streets
3. This one I'm not sure on. What is wrong with being sponsored?? Are you going to hate me because comapny's such as Meguiar's and Dunlop give me free cleaning supplies and tires?
4. The VIP thing? It is a matter of what someone prefers. You like function over fashion. Some like fashion over function. We can't judge ppl on what they prefer right?
Old 12-05-05, 09:39 AM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kaotiq
3. This one I'm not sure on. What is wrong with being sponsored?? Are you going to hate me because comapny's such as Meguiar's and Dunlop give me free cleaning supplies and tires?
4. The VIP thing? It is a matter of what someone prefers. You like function over fashion. Some like fashion over function. We can't judge ppl on what they prefer right?
No, I'm not going to hate you because you get some free stuff here and there.
I'm not even gonna hate you if you didn't pay a penny for your whole car.
What I'm saying is, you're not an enthusiast if you had nothing to do with the car getting to where it's at, so I won't give you respect as such.
I could just save up and pay someone to build me an awesome car. What do I do instead? Jump on the forum...read for weeks...buy some parts...and go at it! (usually get it wrong, or break something, read some more, redo it... )

You're definitely right about judging people, which is why I said "No comment".
I used to be into looks, but that's when I knew little about the car's inner workings.
When I learned about all the performance possibilities, I was instantly hooked and never looked back.
I definitely appreciate a cleanly modded exterior though. Cars such as Jose's SC make me drool, but I'm not sure he'd win any VIP shows.

Cheers,
~Alan

Quick Reply: drifting: cool or tool?