SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
View Poll Results: cool or not
its the greatest thing ever
26.43%
drag racing is the only true automotive sport
5.71%
whatever i do what i want
51.43%
drifting? didn't they do that in one of thoes furious and somthing or other movies?
23.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

drifting: cool or tool?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-06, 08:55 PM
drnkcarlos
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know I do agree with some of what you said emerald as its nice to have a nice drift car, but some of us have to choose whether the downtime to make our cars "Lexus condition" is worth the downtime in being able to race the car... sure in a perfect world we'd all have a nice ride like yours emerald and be able to thrash them around blinging the whole way... but for some of us that downtime is just not acceptable and we take the hit cause our cars don't quite look as nice, but the tracktime we can make use of goes much further for some of us... potato patato.. know what I mean. I'd love for my car to be all bling bling when I race but... the truth be told soon after it looks all nice.. murphy's law steps in and its not so nice anymore, happens to the best of them (nomuken and the 2- r34's he went through recently in okinawa and US just recently)

unfortunately some of us are forced with little altenatives ... sure you can get the Mad tyte drift 240 like everyone and there brother and their brothers cousin in japan or as some have said lately the new found "interest" in a SC but for a loyal toyota person (240 is completely out of the question) this is really the only choice for a car with enough support in the US other than a $upra. Especially since the US lacks in chasers and mark II's, and since the a AE86 (a great platform) just doesn't quite hold its own/cut it 20 years later comparing it to newer "drift" cars. Don't get me wrong I loved my AE86 and would do it again ...someday, but As drifting grows and as things change they will get left behind and then there are no avenues for a toyota enthusiast in a 2 door sport coupe other than a SC or a Supra. Sure it sucks seeing the ricer crowd take to these cars but it was bound to happen sooner or later whether drift was the reason or not its too late.

Originally Posted by Emerald
How hard can you drive that NA anyway?

SR20det 240 > SC300 2jzge....
Well Mongol used to drive a AE86 so driving hard is a way of life for ex-AE86 drivers its something you can't learn you just do... so I don't think he has any problems pushing that SC or that NA 2JZ one bit...

anyways aren't you glad it wasn't the SC you crashed at the track... then it wouldn't be in "lexus condition" and you'd be like the rest of dented up broken aeroed SC's just messin...

oh and I guess I like drift too... to keep things moving.
Old 02-26-06, 11:17 PM
1badsoarer
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where I live it doesnt matter what kind of car you have when you drift. You can drift a 20k car or a 1k car. Keeping a drifting car good looking isn't an easy thing to do #1. #2 the more you worry about the looks of your car, the worse off you will be in drifting. You have to put your car on the line everytime.
Old 02-27-06, 06:00 AM
MongolKhan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a Lexus. Respect it.

Dont buy it if you cant keep it in 'Lexus Condition'. You act like its sum sort of 'Sports car'...Its not. rusted out fender pulls, busted up aero and dents are not acceptable. Do that **** to a 240 if you cant afford to properly maintain a Lexus. People see the Vertex car and get all excited. Yeah it looks cool Drifting ...BECAUSE IT LOOKS COOL DRIFTING. He respects the brand and would never let one of his cars hit the track lookin like ****. Take an autoshop class if you dont know how to do bodywork and excecute a proper pull or panel repair

How hard can you drive that NA anyway?

SR20det 240 > SC300 2jzge....Then you wont have to make siggies confusing dirt with tire smoke
Hahahahaha, dumb little girl. I didnt get into cars to make them look all nice and pretty and who made the rule that because its a lexus its always suppose to look nice. I love driving my car everyday, its not just a track car its also my daily driver because i love DRIVING it everyday instead of sitting in a garage collecting dust and only taken out on photoshoots. I do own an 240 but prefer to drive my SC and at least my siggie is a real photo at a track not some photochop of making your car looking like its sliding, DriftGilrl wannabe.
Old 02-27-06, 07:54 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

MongolKhan: Uh huh,

My siggie is a scan from a magazine...Slidin', no photoshop needed and no need to front like it was kickin up smoke

yeah, my car 'looks' pretty, I'll ull it outta the garage, dust it off and hand your *** to you in it. (Drift,Drag,Grip,whatever) any day of the week...and look good doin it

Am I the best Drifter? no, the best Female Drifter? I seriously doubt it...but I dont go around saying how good I am at it, nor am I the CL - Drifting - **** - talking- ring - leader....when in fact, thats all you do is run your mouth. So stop frontin lil BOY....and put a disclaimer on that siggie

I prolly drive better than you anyway

drnkcarlos: Much respect to you and I do agree with what youve said, check your PM's

1badsoarer: Cool, understandable.

Ive too have fixed my car more times than I care to recall. engines, suspension, body panels, paint, you name it and Ive broken it.... I can compare war wounds and battle scars with the best of them. been there and done that before it was 'cool' around these parts.

I repaired and painted (Kandy) my entire front bumper the night before a magazine shoot on my deck. They thought it would make a better article to show the scars....but thats not my style.
Over the years Ive caught more **** from people for treating my car the way I did. I understand where they were comin from now.

I dont really care what people do to their cars and its just my opinion, so it really shouldnt matter to anyone right?
Old 02-27-06, 10:55 AM
MongolKhan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prolly drive better than you anyway
B2tch please. Nuff said.
Old 02-27-06, 11:01 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Enough.

I'm very much ashamed by the behaviour of some members in this thread. It was pretty much a mature conversation until you brought it downhill and made it personal. Consider this a warning, you will receive a private message shortly.