SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New hood on my SC

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-05, 01:18 AM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
Reading 'all three of Roo's CF hood threads (was it really deleted twice?) I see people saying that they don't like it but I think they are only following a certain trend of 'keepin it classy'

Well when you mod, you gotta take it to the next level and break barriers, no matter what style you're going with, whether it is oem/clean, classy, vip, aggressive, or show car.

I see the style that Roo's going with and I definitely give him props, I would say that I would prefer to keep my car in the 'elegant' category but he is definitely modding his car all the right ways, I personally think it is aburd for any negative comments at this point, especially at such an early stage of his project.

Roo, an original Varis CF made hood, original Vertex wide fenders? Definitely want to know more about this project, what rims are coming in!!!

edit : I guess I'll be the first to say, "too bad they left holes for the windshield sprayers"
Originally Posted by atekt
Im likin it alot man!What kind of plans do you have body/rim wise??
Thanks for being open-minded, some people are so quick to jump to conclusions. The JZZ30 is a sports car and I plan to drive this think how it was intended. (and then some) Just about everything on the car is performance-minded.

About the wheels, they're Top Secret Gold GT-C's (18x10+24 and 18x11+19)

Yeah, that's about the only thing I wasn't happy about with the hood...the water nozzle holes....oh well, I'll just plug the oem ones in there and call it a day.

Originally Posted by Streamline
Nice hood Roo! Will have to stop by the shop and see it in person one of these days.
stop buy in about 2 weeks and I should have my JDM DVD Navi in, now that will be something to see.

Originally Posted by imprtLEXUS
sorry man i am not feeling the hood with or without the kit, I prefer the vis carbon hood just the stock look not a fan of the vent but , i do appreciate the effort good luck with the rest of your plans.
If you like the OEM style hood, I highly suggest leaving your OEM hood on rather than going with a VIS hood. I wouldn't put a VIS part on a civic, let alone an SC. Now if you want a real lightweight OEM style hood, there's always the Vertex Dry Carbon hood. at only 8lbs of prepreg JDM goodness, there is nothing lighter available. (but there's no vent! which is why I went with the Varis hood) As alot of experienced tuners from all walks will tell yah, if you're going to do something, do it right the first time. VIS and quality don't go hand and the parts make the cars they're installed on look cheap. (the hoods look like an aluminum roof after a hailstorm and fitment...don't get me started) If you're gonna replace something on your car, replace it with something of higher quality and performance than OEM..
Old 10-31-05, 01:36 AM
khmerguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree w/ everyone else looks good but needs a kit, nice pics tho.
Old 10-31-05, 10:25 AM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

sweet hood, with the mods you have planned it seems as if you are on the right track. Youve got your mind made up. Go with what you like, thats the whole point of tuning, doing it for yourself, not for your peers.

Kevin
Old 10-31-05, 10:40 AM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

I can't wait to see it with the wheels and full kit! should be badass
Old 10-31-05, 10:43 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

If i got that hood for like $200 bux, id sport it, proudly
Old 10-31-05, 12:02 PM
Koma

How much did it cost? Shipping included.
I would get one I think it looks badass. Only one problem with it, the rainguard thing. I'd hate to have to put it on during the rain. Is there a better solution? Does the rainguard block all passage for the vent?
Old 10-31-05, 12:33 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Koma, hit up VeilSideGS3 or www.luxurymods.com for pricing and shipping.

The rainguard seals off the vent completely but honestly, I had a very similar hood on my GT-Four Celica and I drove it plenty of times in the rain without the rain guard and had no issues. All you need is a scewdriver and 2 mins to take it off or put it on so it's not much of a hassle either.
Old 10-31-05, 12:34 PM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I like it despite the nay-sayers. While Roo hasn't been able to prove it yet, I admire the functional effort being put forth by the design. It would be ideal for my turbo SC and may just be one of my top choices when it comes to deciding a nice hood.
Old 10-31-05, 12:55 PM
Koma

Price makes my heart hurt... I would get it if it was less expensive. Couldn't you get a Vertex DCF hood for about the same price? If I had money I'd contact Varis and have them make one out of DCF.
Old 10-31-05, 01:08 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Koma
Price makes my heart hurt... I would get it if it was less expensive. Couldn't you get a Vertex DCF hood for about the same price? If I had money I'd contact Varis and have them make one out of DCF.
The Vertex Drycarbon hoods are well over $4000...

High quality JDM parts aren't cheap but the quality of what you get is worth it.
Old 10-31-05, 04:53 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry........dont likey.....
Old 10-31-05, 05:48 PM
sc.Fred
Instructor

are they're any other high quality CF hoods out there without the vent? and yes i wouldn't sport anything VIS on my sc... as well
Old 10-31-05, 06:22 PM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

Its going to look great with the right supporting mods.
Old 10-31-05, 07:07 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sc.Fred
are they're any other high quality CF hoods out there without the vent? and yes i wouldn't sport anything VIS on my sc... as well
other than Varis and Vertex, nothign else comes to mind in CF. I've seen 1 or 2 other FRP hoods but we are kinda limited on choices.

Originally Posted by LeXuSrAcIn
Its going to look great with the right supporting mods.
Thanks, It will come together soon enough

here's a JZZ30 in Japan with it and the Vertex Kit:

Last edited by roo; 10-31-05 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-31-05, 08:52 PM
Koma

Originally Posted by roo
other than Varis and Vertex, nothign else comes to mind in CF. I've seen 1 or 2 other FRP hoods but we are kinda limited on choices.

Thanks, It will come together soon enough

here's a JZZ30 in Japan with it and the Vertex Kit:

If i was to get that hood I would go with either a Vertex, Auto Couture or to be extremely aggressive Veilside.

Quick Reply: New hood on my SC