SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Just picked up my SC400!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-05, 04:41 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Just picked up my SC400!!!!

I enjoyed the ride home a lot. I drove it all the way from Houston to Austin and man is it a nice ride. I mean a car that is this age was well taken care of. This is going to be my daily driver for a while. Then I will see what I am going to be able to put into it to make it go aswell as look good. I have a few photo's of the new addition to my family.

It has 171K on it and drives smooth. What things should I look at doing maintanence wise to it? Any suggestions?
Old 11-08-05, 04:57 PM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

Hey, great pickup!! SC's have many common problems. A good resource is www.intellexual.net Maintenance wise, if there's no record for timing belt, do that first. Follow it up by a tune-up. Change plugs, wires, and all fluids.
Old 11-08-05, 05:00 PM
KoSC300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice clean looking car man... how much u pay for it?
Old 11-08-05, 05:13 PM
soarer5780
Lead Lap

congrats very nice
Old 11-08-05, 05:20 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KoSC300
nice clean looking car man... how much u pay for it?
I got it for $5,000.
Old 11-08-05, 05:21 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LeXuSrAcIn
Hey, great pickup!! SC's have many common problems. A good resource is www.intellexual.net Maintenance wise, if there's no record for timing belt, do that first. Follow it up by a tune-up. Change plugs, wires, and all fluids.
Did an oil change just a little bit earlier today.
Old 11-08-05, 09:20 PM
AURELIOMK3
Pole Position

well congrats on your new purchase and good luck hope you enjoy you purchase as much as i enjoy mine i've only had mine for about a a moth and a half and i love it
Old 11-09-05, 08:30 AM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AURELIOMK3
well congrats on your new purchase and good luck hope you enjoy you purchase as much as i enjoy mine i've only had mine for about a a moth and a half and i love it
Thanks very much everyone. So far so good. The only thing I really want to replace immediately is the drive door skin. The rest looks good. Some time next year I am going to have the entire exterior repainted professionally with the addition of wheels and suspension.
Old 11-09-05, 08:40 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Welcome 4ur!!!! Great find, you won't be disappointed. The gold SC looks great in the garage next to the super sano white STI!!!
Old 11-09-05, 09:54 AM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mkorsu
Welcome 4ur!!!! Great find, you won't be disappointed. The gold SC looks great in the garage next to the super sano white STI!!!
Yeah, That's "The Wife's" car. She is a spoiled princess. I made sure she got a safe and fun car all in one. So, the STI has pruven to be very safe. This is our 2nd one the first one was killed by an 87 yr. old lady. The lady ran a red light and totalled the first STI. My wife walked away with a bruise on her knee. I wasn't there I just got the call that she had been in an accident. The are great cars.

For myself though I wanted a little more luxury and possible speed. I haven't decided the out come for this car yet. I know I chose the hard way if I wanna do a swap but, oh well. I guess I will just have to try harder. For now it is more for transportation to and from. Handling is going to be the first thing to get done. Then I think braking, with looks. I love the way these cars look in the first place.
Old 11-09-05, 10:09 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by 4urxtc
Yeah, That's "The Wife's" car. She is a spoiled princess. I made sure she got a safe and fun car all in one. So, the STI has pruven to be very safe. This is our 2nd one the first one was killed by an 87 yr. old lady. The lady ran a red light and totalled the first STI. My wife walked away with a bruise on her knee. I wasn't there I just got the call that she had been in an accident. The are great cars.

For myself though I wanted a little more luxury and possible speed. I haven't decided the out come for this car yet. I know I chose the hard way if I wanna do a swap but, oh well. I guess I will just have to try harder. For now it is more for transportation to and from. Handling is going to be the first thing to get done. Then I think braking, with looks. I love the way these cars look in the first place.

Your wife must be a fairly good driver to be able to drive a 300hp car without incident!!!

My wife is resigned to a Pontiac Grand Am!!!
Old 11-09-05, 10:22 AM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mkorsu
Your wife must be a fairly good driver to be able to drive a 300hp car without incident!!!

My wife is resigned to a Pontiac Grand Am!!!
My wife and I botth have been to a driving school to better our skills in driving daily and also on the track. She has learned alot over the years about cars in general and about driving them. Handling the STI is a breeze so 300hp doesn't feel un-controlled. AWD helps the feeling of being in control.
Old 11-09-05, 02:55 PM
dailylex
Rookie

Originally Posted by 4urxtc
I got it for $5,000.
damn good deal, congrats

beside the gas guzzling that car will make a great daily driver.
Old 11-09-05, 03:04 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gas guzzling? ha, my SC400 I had got better gas mileage than my current NEWER SC300.

You should get great gas mileage from that car!

Also, NICE RIDE! Another TX SC owner! Woo Hoo! I'm just north of Round Rock.. We all need to meet up sometime!
Old 11-09-05, 07:11 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IronCobra
Gas guzzling? ha, my SC400 I had got better gas mileage than my current NEWER SC300.

You should get great gas mileage from that car!

Also, NICE RIDE! Another TX SC owner! Woo Hoo! I'm just north of Round Rock.. We all need to meet up sometime!
Sweet, I am actually in N. Round rock off 3406. I am fixing to do the DIY headlight cleaning and BFI. Then I dunno what else. You don't happen to have any parts lying around??

My car gets better gas mileage than my last one. I had an 300zx TT that got next to nothing when it came to gas mileage. This car makes me think of a Honda as far as gas goes. It also gets better mileage than my STI as well.

Quick Reply: Just picked up my SC400!!!!