SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Turbo SC400 in Dec. 05 Super Street Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-05, 01:04 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, my first foray into this "discussion". The majority of us in here are either proficient with turbos or at least are pretty familiar with them. That said, I'm sure you have all seen the new locations that turbos are being mounted...........

Such as this rear mounted setup.

I'm not saying that this is what Emerald has, but given the condition and appearance of her car, I would give the benefit of the doubt that something "different" was done. Also, Emerald is pretty OG around here, and all I see is a lot of rooks comin' at her.

Shame, shame....
Old 11-09-05, 01:06 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Editing for politeness wow.

I don't care how dirty and ugly the setup is I want to see a pic of the turbo to shut me up ha

You guys should see the other threads on ziptied and northwestnissans.com about her car. Both locked and huge. Its not the car so much but I think its her posting that has gotten under a lot of people's skin over the years. Go to those forums and search for the threads to see.

The new wheels are looking nice from the picture. You really need to get a better camera or learn to take better pictures I feel you on UPS. I was waiting on a set of 4 wheels and 2 arrive... 2 days later another... 2 days later 1 more. I had already missed the last drag racing night in Mission (Vancouver) by that point. I was pissed.

I look forward to seeing the finished pics because you are definitely on the right track!
Old 11-09-05, 01:11 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,373 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboTeg
Editing for politeness wow.
TT, if you have comments about my moderation of this thread I suggest you send them to me in PM rather than drag them out in the forum. The image MongolKahn posted was very inappropriate and rude.

Guys, I'll say it again. I've seen the pics of the turbo mounted on her car. She'll roll it out to others when she's ready to... you'll just have to be patient, but I think it'll be worth the wait.

PLEASE GET THIS THREAD BACK ON TOPIC WITH A PRODUCTIVE DISCUSSION ABOUT THE CAR, NOT THE PEOPLE INVOLVED or responses to 'prior comments'.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-09-05 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-09-05, 01:11 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by User Name
Kill what? Her car prolly looks better than 90% of the members here..

What have you done to your car...

My thoughts..exactly! how lame of you.
Old 11-09-05, 01:22 PM
pilip99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
My thoughts..exactly! how lame of you.

ill give props well done, a lot of time and effort i bet, you get my , im not gonna be one to bash
Old 11-09-05, 01:24 PM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Long before I even registered here(when I was lurking and hadn't had the opportunity to make owning my SC as a reality yet) I do remember Emerald being a part of a small group of SC enthusiasts on these forums as compared to the tremendous following we have today.

Despite my disagreements with some of your styling cues Emerald, your SC is what it is. YOURS, nobody needs to tell you that. If some of the "older" guys here can attest to your tribulations, then IMO there's no need for any negativity. I don't really read Super street or a majority of the "tuner/scene" publications out there, However, it would be much appreciated if you could post up some pictures of your setup when all is said and done, I would love to see that!

I truly enjoy this forum particularly, and really admire the moderation which is put forth so that it can stay as a true ENTHUSIAST forum where we can learn from each other, as opposed to a high school chat room. Last but not least all I can say is CONGRATULATIONS, and just to keep on doing what youre doing.

I always explored the possibilty of owning a 400 to compliment my 300...

Last edited by aswang; 11-09-05 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-09-05, 01:27 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mkorsu
Ok, my first foray into this "discussion". The majority of us in here are either proficient with turbos or at least are pretty familiar with them. That said, I'm sure you have all seen the new locations that turbos are being mounted...........

Such as this rear mounted setup.

I'm not saying that this is what Emerald has, but given the condition and appearance of her car, I would give the benefit of the doubt that something "different" was done. Also, Emerald is pretty OG around here, and all I see is a lot of rooks comin' at her.

Shame, shame....
is that a fbody? its pretty common setup on those to mount it that style
Old 11-09-05, 01:37 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mustang. But, yes, a lot of F-Bodies use this setup as well.
Old 11-09-05, 02:53 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Are these old pictures? Em: Got to give you props, you seem to know your stuff..

Last edited by IronCobra; 11-09-05 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-09-05, 02:58 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lextreme
This picture might show the T66. I might be wrong....
that apears to be the inside of the rear right wheel
Old 11-09-05, 06:38 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey EM:

I will say again, great job on the 400, I love your attention to detail...As you know, I figured it had to be some sort of a low mount set up. Looking forward to seeing your innovation. I almost went dual low mount on my TT project, but decided to move forward with the top mount.

I know once, a lo ng time ago you and I butt heads, but I will say that I have been to your site, read up on some of your work and projects, and I have always had nothing but respect for ya. Love seeing a woman take her interest in cars as seriously as you have...Props and thanks for your comments.

Looking forward to your reveal...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400T; 11-09-05 at 06:53 PM.
Old 11-09-05, 06:51 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

well, i'd like to post up before this thread goes south again and ends up Locked..
Emerald, it's really good to see and hear from you again..(welcome back-family!!)
not only do you come back, you bear gifts such as this very creatively touched sc... To me(just my opinion) this is your best detailed sc to date. i like the paint scheme, engine presentation and of course, the soon to be revealed Turbo. However, there are a few things i don't agree with styling wise(headlight covers, side mirrors) ,but it does not distract from an otherwise tight looking specimen with lots of custom goodies!.
i think it's too early to say anything about your creation in full detail without really seeing all panels and a full overall view for a fair assessment... i'm sure you won't dissapoint- you never have. i've only been thumbing around the forums from time to time, but i feel like whatever attracted me to this club has returned in the form of more creative ways to do what was deemed the impossible to these sc 400's. Finally the day has arrived when more people are coming out of the woodwork with what i respect... Custom applications to these cars!!! -for those that do not know, Emerald has been doing this for a long time, and her ideas are respected here. i'm happy that your back on this forum and i look forward to seeing more about this project... no rush, take your time - we've waited this long to see pics and receive info on this creation- a few more weeks mean nothing..release @ your leisure.

p.s. who knows?... this might be the car to bring back Car Of The Month!!!!

Last edited by nextlevelcoupe; 11-09-05 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-09-05, 06:57 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

I've been lurking these threads and it is hilarious. Every thread that she is involved in, there is a lot of $h!t talk and drama. LOL! I don't necessarily agree with everything that she did on her car, but it is what it is and I gotta give props to where it's due.

EM: not all of it is my style, but keep rocking on.
Old 11-09-05, 07:34 PM
User Name
Driver

Originally Posted by kaotiq
I've been lurking these threads and it is hilarious. Every thread that she is involved in, there is a lot of $h!t talk and drama. LOL! I don't necessarily agree with everything that she did on her car, but it is what it is and I gotta give props to where it's due.

EM: not all of it is my style, but keep rocking on.
Not your style?

Your car is almost the same as hers...

Old 11-09-05, 08:01 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by User Name
Not your style?

Your car is almost the same as hers...

if you want to know what I don't like on her car, feel free to PM man.

Quick Reply: Turbo SC400 in Dec. 05 Super Street Magazine