SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Goodbye SC...hello POS

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-01, 10:22 AM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

OK, here is the situation. Yesterday I went to court for getting my 1st ticket. It was dismissed and I was given a 4 hr. traffic school date of Aug. 6 b/c it was my 1st ticket. Last night, I was pulled over for going 75 in a 40 on a rural road. The cop was very nice and was going to let me go but said he couldn't b/c I was going 75. He told me that since I hadn't gone to the 4 hour school yet, I should ask the judge to let me go to the 8 hr. school and pay the school and court fines so it wont go on insurance. The cop pushed my court date past what he should have so I could go to the 8 hour class. I have already changed the classes and am going to change my license plate, 1FASTSC, today. My parents have taken my license and car away until school starts (unless the judge takes it away). My dad also said he might sell the SC and buy me some POS car so I wont go fast. I also had this date next week with this perfect girl (Sasha..LexusRules, and Josh...LeXuS BoY, know) and I'm going to have to cancel it unless I can persuade my parents to let me go out just that one night. Do you guys think that the judge will let me go to the 8 hr. school and pay the fines if I tell him that the cop told me to ask for the 8 hr. school instead? My dad also might give me my moms 4Runner, give her his GS, and take the SC for himself. Would it help to tell the judge that my parents took my license away and that I wont be driving the Lexus anymore? Please tell me how good my chances are for getting out of this one?
P.S. I do have a Passport 8500 but the cop turned on his radar gun right when he saw me so when the detector sounded, he had gotten me. He didn't note that I had the detector though. He was very nice and explained what I should do to try to keep it off my record.
Old 07-26-01, 11:20 AM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Question Another ?

On a ticket, what is teh compliant #? I have been looking at many sites on how to fight a ticket, etc. and on my othe rpost about the 1st ticket, people say that if the ticket isn't complete, then the case is automatically dismissed. On my 1st ticket, the # 2001-21096 was written under Compliant #. On my second tickt, nothing was written there? Could i get out of the ticket b/c it isn't complete?
Old 07-26-01, 11:25 AM
FurySC400
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sheez, are you even 18 yet? Better start praying.

Actually, you should consider yourself lucky that they didn't tow that car away.

I remember when I was sixteen (many, many years ago), I got into a high speed chase. Lucky for me, this was in the early 1980s, and the cop that eventually pulled me over was an older veteran, not some testosterone jacked rookie looking out for "import racer punks". Anyways, he gave me the ticket and let me drive home, even though he had every right to impound my car. I eventually got a thirty day suspension. I know this isn't really anything like your situation, but I'm just rambling. I just want you to know that I remember what I went through and potential could have gone through, and it kept me honest.

Now, I don't know what you'll end up getting, because one judge will be different than the next. But remember what's going through your mind right now, about worrying what you'll drive, if you can even drive, and try to recall this feeling the next time you're urged to speed for what ever reason.

Good luck, 'bro.
Old 07-26-01, 11:28 AM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

naw im not 18 yet....I turn 17 on Aug.9. Thanks man.............I'm so fu%&!#.
Old 07-26-01, 03:41 PM
1stLexus
Rookie

Unhappy geez hotrod

First off what agency wrote the first ticket and what court did you go to?

And is the second ticket by the same agency? Or hopefully a different agency.

If its by a different agency you might be in luck. You need to push the court date back so that you can complete your original driving school and get the dismissal put through, and hope they did not put a condition on there like obey all laws for X months. If not once you get that dismissed go to the other court and try to do the same thing. but your going to have a hard time if he actually wrote you for doing 75 in a 40. That is actually reckless driving so you got a break by him not writing you for that. But the points for 35 over are still pretty good lick, and I don't think many judges would give you a dismissal w/ driving school for that speed.
Old 08-15-01, 04:44 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Default Went to court today

Went to court today...here's the result:

ok...the judge was in a good mood and was throwing just about every case out so i was like hell yea. A lil while before he called me up, a girl that had been charged w/ wreckless driving was given 4 hr. driving schooland court fines. When he called me up, i was like "this wont be bad, ill get the 8 hr. school and court fine" (didnt say outloud of course) When he read what iu had done, he got pretty mad b/c it was 35 over. Then when he noticed that i got the 2nd ticket on the day i got outta court for the 1st, he got pissed. He was like "thats offending the court to do this and i dont know how u could be so disrespectful". The he said," Right now, b/c u put me in such a bad mood, im thinking about taking away ur license for 6 months. Go sit down and ill call u back up when i feel that i have calmed down" When he was saying this i was so ****ing scared. My legs were already shaking a lil b/c of nerves, but when he said 6 months, i started shaking so much, and i was like "wtf, **** u *******" (again, i didnt say this outloud). I went and sat down and around 30 min. later he called me up. The two people right before me had gotten caught going 30 over and one had gotten wreckless against him. He let both of them off w/ 4 hr. class (b/c 1st offense), $10 fine, and took away their license for 2 weeks. When he called me up AGAIN, he was still pissed at me, but he said that since he gave the 2 other kids 2 weeks suspension, that it would only be fair to give me the same time. I got my license taken for 2 weeks ( i was expecting 30 days), $10 fine, and 8 hr. driving class. Since i had taken the 8 hr. class, i showed them the certificate and so i only got the fine and suspension. I think i would've only gotten a fine, if the 2nd ticket hadn't been on the same day i got outta court for the 1st.
Old 08-15-01, 05:29 PM
DickLexus
Rookie

Default give dad sc

Please give your dad the Lexus. The way you drive it sounds like you will kill yourself. What is worse is that when insurance companies decide the risk rating of the SC next year your fatality will raise my rates.
Old 08-15-01, 07:22 PM
chowder
Driver

not exactly the most tasteful joke, but i'll admit i laughed.
Old 08-15-01, 07:29 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seriously, I hope you learned your lession. You need to be more careful...and don't get caught!
Old 08-15-01, 08:04 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

****: My mom now has the SC. I get her 4Runner when i get my license back. Man, dont get me wrong, what i did was incredibly stupid and dangerous, but i am a good driver despite the fact that i speed. There were no cars on the road and i drive that road 2 times a day if not more some days. If there had been traffic,etc. i wouldn't have been going nearly as fast if not the speed limit.
manaray: I HAVE learned my lesson, 2 weeks w/o being able to drive is going to be like he** though. My mom did let me take the 4Runner out twice before i went to court and i had old grannies passing me. I do wish i could have the SC back...the ladies like it more than the 4Runner
Old 08-15-01, 11:35 PM
supercoupes
Lead Lap

Consider yourself lucky. If I did that in my country, I'd had my license suspended for at least 6-12 months PLUS several 1000's in fines. And that is if it would be my 1st offense.
4Runner, SC, Ferrari ... who cares? At least you'll be allowed to drive again in only 2 weeks.
Old 08-16-01, 11:50 AM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

I feel ya , I have just had my license suspended and my insurance cancled me, so I cant drive at ALL. But my dads selling his car and hes gonna make the payments for awhile so it should be good for me to save up and get my **** together. As for the ticket, what you should do is ask for a "Plea in obeyance", what that means is that they wont send the ticket into the dmv OR your insurance company, so long as your driving record remains clean for 6 months. Thats the best advice I have, I wish I had known about the whole plea i obeyance for my first ticket, but the judge didnt mention anything about it and the prosecutor (who told me about it this last time I went to court), well there was no prosecutor last time.... Oh well I have another ticket coming up I'll use it then ......
Hopefully Ill be driving by the time I'm 17 :P
Jason
Old 08-16-01, 01:05 PM
DickLexus
Rookie

MyLex, really only a joke. I'm just jealous because when I was your age I was lucky to get my Dad's Dodge Dart on the weekend. The SC is a chick magnet and I can see your point. The 4 runner maybe more dangerous for you. Once you get use to the way the sc corners and attemp this in a suv you will be airborne.