SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

You might be an OG SC member if..............

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-05, 09:08 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the few things that come to mind are when we lost computerwiz and movingviolation. RIB brothers.

when drifting in an SC was a power slide

when everyone was posting on lexus owners club for 3 days wondering why cl was down, then we logged on and it was a different site. (a better site!)

when we had the turbo registry thread and there were about 15 or so guys that were actually in it!

when manaray posted in every thread!

when phil actually got almost $300 for the manual on swapping in the 2JZ-GTE.

thats all for now.. im not a OG as most of you, but do i still count?

oh, and who remembers when i sold my first SC for only $4k, and it was a 5speed! although it did have a few problems... nothing major though. i could get a lot more today.
Old 11-11-05, 09:11 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

im not a OG as most of you, but do i still count
LOL, it's almost '06 and you are from '03... I'd say you've been around
Old 11-11-05, 09:12 PM
spoiledkid
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i remember when ryansc300lover(cousin) convinced me to buy his lexus.
Old 11-11-05, 09:13 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by hellasboy
hehe, or....
when clublexus was on ezboard
when ethan bought clublexus
when clearing out taillights was new
blacking out headlights hadn't even been discussed
Good list.
How about when you heard it in the hook of the Lost Boys song and in the Pete Rock and Cl Smooth video straighten it out, back in what, 92-93?
Old 11-11-05, 09:17 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

this is wayyyyy off topic, but i want in on TLN! someone pm me with info! and thanks for knighting me as an OG brian.
Old 11-12-05, 12:28 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

oh oh, i thought of another one... if you remember when Ryan (SC400T) started his project!!!!
Old 11-12-05, 05:59 AM
SinisterSC
Lead Lap

You remember when people used the search button.
Old 11-12-05, 07:21 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SupraCoup3
When I first joined it was SC300T (Scott), SC300TURBO (Jeff), Whiz (Steve) had the NA-T'd SCs

Wolfy157 (or was it 137?) had his SC at toyomoto...

...and we were all watching SC300tt rip it up on the dyno and the street.
man..im really old school.....i was turboed in 1999.....
i gave scott a ride in my car on south beach when he was visiting with his wife that made him buy a toyomoto kit....
i emailed back and forth with wiz and got him to not only turbo the car but to move to south fla
i also remember giving wiz my free pass to dyno the 2 tone sc at NOPI in ATL.....
bringing back alot of memories.....
i got a few old mails from wiz...im gonna try to post em

and i believe it was wolfy who bought a bunch of my old stuff to come to miami and turbo his car on my old equipment....
Jeff
Old 11-12-05, 07:27 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

This is an old PM between me and cmputerwiz.....aka Steven Reed...or just SR

Re: toyomoto

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking online for a 91 supra fuel pump. I would want the supra turbo fuel pump, for 87-91's, right?

Or maybe if Lance could tell me how to wire up the fuel computer....it would just be cheaper for me to get one of those and use this pump!

SR

Quote:
SC300TURBO wrote on 09-27-01 10:32:
youll need the computer from a supra tt and have to know how to wire it up...toyomoto did mine.....you just need to move down here and drop the car off at toyomoto and do a haltech..lol...the you run what ever you like.......i tried to call that number but got some other guys voicemail...you can call me here at work...786-331-5211....Jeff

Quote:
CmputerWiz wrote on 09-27-01 10:15:
Ya...I've always preferred older women. Cool...y'all are around our age (well mine anyway..lol) so y'all can tell us where to go (and not to go) when we move down there. I've been to So Beach a couple times, but only for days at a time...so I just went wherever with the local people I knew.

So since I've already got the pump...what else do I need? Just the computer or some other stuff too? And how hard will it be for me to put this stuff in? If it'd be easier to tell me on the phone than on here, I've got a toll free #. 888-468-0112 x6762. (i'll be back to that extension in like 4min.)

SR

Quote:
SC300TURBO wrote on 09-27-01 10:08:
going for the older girls huh..you go boy.....i just turned 26..and aly is 23.....
scott had the same pump i did..it was a 91supra turbo pump..i just went to a 95tt pump and i needed the computer.....i needed the extra juice for the Nitrous......
sounds good for the avc-r...and tell Ginger.aly and i say hello...Jeff

Now that is some old school...and good memories...
Old 11-12-05, 07:38 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

Another old PM from scott.......these were back in the days..lol....

i just found the wner of my old sc300 too....still alive and kicking....has a vertex front bumper now....wald was damaged in shipping...... and no problems in 2 years...
im trying to get him to join too.....we will see
Jeff

Re: Lance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds good... Lemme know. I just hate having 40hp go to waste through that stock mid pipe. I've been trying to get this pipe for quite a while.

I see that you've got some new numbers... 495? What did you do different?

Car and turbo are running great... I'm still working on tuning the AVC-R. It really made a big difference in the top end power. It hits pretty hard now, in 2nd gear around 4000rpm, I can just plug in about 2/3 throttle to get wheelspin all the way to redline. Gotta love those rolling burnouts!!!

I haven't raced the guy in the WS6 with 150shot yet, waiting on the pipe. I did manage a 12.9@116 run THROUGH THE STOCK MIDPIPE AND STOCK EXHAUST!!!

I also put 10 cars on an LS1 on the highway from 60-130... Was running about 50-50 race gas and had the boost dialed in at 13psi raising to 16psi at 5500rpm and above. I get no detonation at all on these settings.

Quote:
SC300TURBO wrote on 09-18-01 12:49:

Scott..the pipe is done already..looks good...ill find out today why it hasnt been sent......relax ill take care of it....cool?....gimmie a ring..Jeff
Old 11-12-05, 07:55 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
You might be an OG member if.....................

- You remember Matt (PCMW) moderating the SC forum.

- You ever spoke with or responded to member "Evotuned" (brought me to CL)

- You even knew someone named 'Mkilty" exists in the CL database.

- Bonus, you know who the heck he is.

- On 07-06-03 at 12:30 AM you saw Lexus interior lighting change forever and one of the biggest complaints was finally resolved.

- You watched Ryan do his famous Climate thread. (where I made my first post)

- On 05-12-03 at 10:46 PM you watched Lex Luthor get into a project that took enough money to buy a new SC.
I remember most of the things you posted up lol

Hrmmm... I remember way back in the day (I think real early 2002)...

* There were only 2 people with 1JZ twin turbo motors in these cars.... myself and London Bill

* I remember the post of Ryan when he fully restored his SC400 instead of spending it on mods.

* I remember a thread named "The hell with mods, is your car running right?"

* I remember hearing the tragic news about Cmputerwiz's passing.

* I remember OLT was One Last Try and One Hot was OneHot SC400.

That's all I can think of... it's 3AM and I'm buggered lol.

Jose
Old 11-12-05, 10:28 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by O. L. T.

- On 05-12-03 at 10:46 PM you watched Lex Luthor get into a project that took enough money to buy a new SC.
Word, mass amounts of $$$ for the love of the SC
Old 11-12-05, 10:30 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Soarer_25GTT

* I remember the post of Ryan when he fully restored his SC400 instead of spending it on mods.

I think that thread inspired a lot of heads in here. Good stuff
Old 11-12-05, 12:33 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I remember 2001-02...I hadn't joined but I read the posts everyday. I was intriqued by the musings of people I thought were just under socialized computer geeks. I finally joined just to reply to a post where someone was putting down people who had 1 piece chrome wheels. That guy was Manaray. He had a lot of good advice and always shot from the hip. A quality I admire in people. I thought he over went his place by putting people down though. Some guys couldn't afford high end wheels. Why put them down.

Years later. I'm the under socialized computer geek. I don't hang out as much as I used to. I watch sports and browse the net. What a pitiful existence. I'll be happy when this period of my life passes.

One thing is sure. Of all the sites I visit, CL is the best. We have an atmosphere that is second to none. I was bragging about it once on MBWorld...they got all over me for the warm and fuzziness our CL. That's when I knew it was the best.
Old 11-12-05, 01:26 PM
Boostshakalaka
Lead Lap

i havent posted in a while, i missed this place. i remember the 2 things that made me want to get an SC, this one picture of a white 92 SC400 with 19x9.5 and 19x10.5 SSR agile minerva's with an autocouture kit (i forgot who it belonged to) and then clint pohler's 1st 92 sc300. i remeber so many people wanting to get the Moda R6's and the holy grail of wheels were autocouture supremes. i'm probably not as OG as someother member around here, but i remember alot of the things mentioned

oh, my old white turbo sc300, is gone i sold it to some fool who blew it up, then asked for his money back. then i got a FD, sold that, and i just recently got myself a 97 black sc400, so i guess i'll be back trying to make my post count go up. lol

Quick Reply: You might be an OG SC member if..............