SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

You might be an OG SC member if..............

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-05, 03:33 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostshakalaka
i havent posted in a while, i missed this place. i remember the 2 things that made me want to get an SC, this one picture of a white 92 SC400 with 19x9.5 and 19x10.5 SSR agile minerva's with an autocouture kit (i forgot who it belonged to) and then clint pohler's 1st 92 sc300. i remeber so many people wanting to get the Moda R6's and the holy grail of wheels were autocouture supremes. i'm probably not as OG as someother member around here, but i remember alot of the things mentioned

oh, my old white turbo sc300, is gone i sold it to some fool who blew it up, then asked for his money back. then i got a FD, sold that, and i just recently got myself a 97 black sc400, so i guess i'll be back trying to make my post count go up. lol

Sorry to hear about your white sc Boost... But its great to have you back! I always thought you had great taste with your cars.
Old 11-12-05, 05:51 PM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reading this has made me understand why i like this PLACE , plus driveing the first sc in the 10sec area Jeff you know which one made me buy my sc .
Old 11-12-05, 06:22 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Now THIS is a great thread! So many great memories shared. I am not a SC owner, but after selling my 96 GS, I was going to either get a 2nd Gen GS or SC so I did lots of research and hung around this forum alot!

Some of my memories

- People asking me "what the hell is a GS guy doing in here so damn much??"

- having a meet at lex luthors home , and there being MORE SC's than GS's!!! lol

- Lex luthor trying forever to get a fair price on a pristine 95 Red SC400 (idiots didnt know what a deal it was, the paint was spotless)

- getting a ride in gadget SC's beast and learning that he owned the car since it was NEW!!!! (he only had the 92 back then)

- VsSC400 having a different set of wheels every 18 seconds

- VSsc400 never cleaning his damn car

- Onehot when he just had Mille Miglia 18s and a droh

-Onhot coming to my aide when my 96 GS tranny crapped out on the way to a meet (stood there with me and stopped be from having a panic attack)

-Din when he just had 19" Lowenhart bs-5 and a drop

- Din doing the step by step coverage of the candy paint and 97+ kit, and then adding 20" lowernhart LR-5, killer setup way back then!

- looking at the manaray bvlgari pic with the 20" iFORGED and drooling for days on end

- going back and forth with manaray night after night on email, to research relocating the harnesses above the drivers side front tire, in order to drive dumped on 20s. (sorry I'm a sucker for looks)

- nextlevelcoupe when he had 17" factory chrome, and no drop and SWORE HE NEVER CHANGE THAT!! (he's ridin on 19" iFORGED and Tein CS now)

-steve from carson toyota actually owning a SC with Autocouture kit

- manaray doing the A/S steering wheel GB

- when OLT started doing clusters, posting test pics with these WILD colors, (blue, red, green, yadda)

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 11-12-05 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-12-05, 07:41 PM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

good old days

when I used to own a Lexus haha

am I OG? not quite I still remember being a newbie haha Manaray was a pretty intimidating dude haha didnt wana say anything stupid
Old 11-13-05, 02:27 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

yes i remember the 10sec sc....that run was from like 97?....lances sc300 that was his wifes car....that car made me buy my sc300...thats old school
Old 11-13-05, 08:37 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I remember this:

- When Manaray called out Toog4me and Toog never came back.
- When robbsneak was our “brother from another mother.”
- When MrSypher bought all his mods with cash, and had the pics to prove it!
- When DrRick made the big move for his job and never looked back.
- When LexusRules aka Sasha was the youngest Lexus driver and “drifter.”
- When Angel had his turbo goodness. He helped guide me when I bought my Supra.
- When I found lex400sc and his definitive site for all things SC. And as an added bonus, I found out that all things Bose are crap.

Originally Posted by reggiek
I remember 2001-02...I hadn't joined but I read the posts everyday. I was intriqued by the musings of people I thought were just under socialized computer geeks. I finally joined just to reply to a post where someone was putting down people who had 1 piece chrome wheels. That guy was Manaray. He had a lot of good advice and always shot from the hip. A quality I admire in people. I thought he over went his place by putting people down though. Some guys couldn't afford high end wheels. Why put them down.

Years later. I'm the under socialized computer geek. I don't hang out as much as I used to. I watch sports and browse the net. What a pitiful existence. I'll be happy when this period of my life passes.

One thing is sure. Of all the sites I visit, CL is the best. We have an atmosphere that is second to none. I was bragging about it once on MBWorld...they got all over me for the warm and fuzziness our CL. That's when I knew it was the best.
I am, and feel much the same way. My reason for finally changing from a lurker to a full fledged ClubLexus poster was, to buy parts from Steve Gantz during one of his group buys.
Old 11-13-05, 09:01 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

dang, I've been rollin' the SC for a minute now, lol...

still love it though! SC fo' life!
Old 11-14-05, 07:54 AM
legendary
Racer

Wow...

Good posts, good posts....

I remember all of these things posted above...and yes, RIP Wiz--I was at NOPI that year (2001) with the car club I founded (Legendary Legendz) right across from Club Lexus. When I saw those guys line up, I knew that was a class act. When Wiz pulled up, he was revving his motor...how orgasmic it sounded! Yes, it was two-tone back then.

- Here's one....the I-forged fiasco (oops - wrong forum)
- How about our buddy that was on the quest to get the twin turbo/SC for the SC400?
- Or trying to get SC's from down under to fit the US SC400
- Retrofitting e39 projectors into the SC housing
- The SC craze where folks were trying to buy parts from Emerald's spot
- When Supra Turbo wheels was the thing to do vs. 18" wheels
- When Manaray 'pimp' slapped folks for asking if these spinners or cheap chromies looked good on their cars..
- When the SC400 was presumed to be the better option for FI since you had 'V8" power and an SC would be the hotness

I know I am missing more....keep it going
Old 11-14-05, 09:00 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

That is a really good list legendary...

How about when:
Everyone was psyched when there was a FI 1UZ in a boat in Australia
Planet Soarer was really at www.users.bigpond.com/pgscott/ instead of www.planetsoarer.com
No official Club Lexus vendors
Steve Ganz actually owned a lexus (SC at that)
When Espelirs were only available to guys with connections in Japan
When Daizen didn't exist, or when their only products were bushings (no sway bar)
Old 11-14-05, 09:37 AM
MoogieBoogie
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Now THIS is a great thread! So many great memories shared. I am not a SC owner, but after selling my 96 GS, I was going to either get a 2nd Gen GS or SC so I did lots of research and hung around this forum alot!

- Lex luthor trying forever to get a fair price on a pristine 95 Red SC400 (idiots didnt know what a deal it was, the paint was spotless)
-Din when he just had 19" Lowenhart bs-5 and a drop

- Din doing the step by step coverage of the candy paint and 97+ kit, and then adding 20" lowernhart LR-5, killer setup way back then!
I remember that SC400 for sale. Even when it sold, it sold for a price much lower than it should have gone for.

With Din, don't forget that Louis Vuitton headliner fabric!
Old 11-14-05, 09:44 AM
Lvangundy

TOOG!! LOL

I forgot about those instances..hahahahahaa
Old 11-14-05, 10:50 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MoogieBoogie
I remember that SC400 for sale. Even when it sold, it sold for a price much lower than it should have gone for.

With Din, don't forget that Louis Vuitton headliner fabric!
Din has Gucci interior

Ahhh...such a long time, but I can't remember a darn thing...

I used to lurk in the Ladman forums and was traumatized when it was gone and didn't find the CL forums for some months after.

I think the majority of the OG memories have been listed, just wanted to join this OG thread...
Old 11-14-05, 03:09 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Lol, I'm a "Lexus Fanatic" now....wonder if that makes me OG yet?
Old 11-14-05, 10:27 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

I have a couple of more additions:

You know your OG if you knew that...

-Luxurymods.com was formerly www.lexussc400.com
-Rich (lex400sc) was a mod and started intellexual.net
-Magnaflows 14829 were first introduced on the SC forums, they cost $320 a set! Now everyone is pretty much running them for less than $200.
-DGOT20's (D2Autosport) was running ghetto 20's on his first gen GS, now he's a high end wheel vendor for the forums. I don't wanna see those pictures ever again D!
-Aliga, myself , VSsc400, and Ed were the only SC owners that were active on the NE forums. We were outnumbered by GS's at the meets all the time.

Let's keep the good times rolling!
Old 11-14-05, 10:53 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

im still sporting the gucci.

i do thnk its time for me to get a new set of wheels though.

Quick Reply: You might be an OG SC member if..............