SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300...What cars are in its "league"

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-04, 04:27 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have an auto sc300, a Every naturally aspirated 4 banger faster then a Nissan Sentra SE-R V spec can beat you, fastest being the lotus Elise slowest being the nissan Sentra SE-R Vspec, theres about 12 cars that are slightly faster then you to progressively faster.. You can beat every naturally aspirated 4 banger below this (Over 100 different models fall to this category.). Some by barely only.

Forcedindudtion 4 bangers, almost every turbo 4 banger with exception of the older probe, hyundai Scoupe early 90s GTI and jetta the superchaged and other similar cars are faster then you. Theres about 21 car models faster then you that fall into this category.

Rotary powered cars. the RX8 can beat you, the Turbo II and the RX7 TT can also tear you a new one.
Turbocharged 5 cylinder cars, all current Turbocharged 5 cylinder are by volvo, and if you have an auto, they will also beat you, about 7 car models fall into this category.

Naturally aspirated 6 cylinder cars. Theres about 65 Naturally aspirated models that could beat a auto (same models of different years counted again, like maxima has 2 spots in this list for the VQ30DE #51 and VQ35DE powered models #20 for example) SC300. Most of this cars being only slightly faster.. This list from the fastest range from the Porsche GT3, 360 hp 3.6 Liter Flat 6. To the slowest Pontiac Grand Prix GT.

Forced Induction 6 cylinder cars that can beat an AUTO sc300...number around 19 from fastest a Porsche GT2 to the slowest Being Buick GS Supercharged.

Naturally aspirated 8 cylinder cars number around 61 From the fastest being a Ferrari 360 Stradale to slowest being a Ford Crown Victoria.. which might be a very close call vs an auto sc300.

Most cars above (Forced Inducted V8s, V10s, V12's and more) this are faster with exception of the V10 Ford Triton powered trucks and Older Dodge Rams.

Some extreme kit cars are excluded from this list....

Still not done with my list so numbers maybe off by a bit...... (to much free time...)
Old 02-12-04, 04:44 PM
HotBoy
Lead Lap

Damn man for an auto SC300 owner that list must suck, fortunately you can boost it or do a swap and cut like 70% of cars from that list.
Also luckily 70% of the cars wont know it and you can dust em.
PEACE
Old 02-12-04, 05:14 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Just going to manual would cut down on that list significantly.
Old 02-12-04, 09:50 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

I didn't do it on purpose. I been doing extensive searches on my window problem lately, and it popped on my screen and wasnt related to the subject I was looking. I didn't notice the dates so I assumed it was a new topic.

So that was what I was thinking.
Old 02-12-04, 11:12 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

This thread is REALLY old. Been seeing resurrected thread lately.
Old 02-12-04, 11:14 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Like I said, it was completely accidental. Sorry.

(look post above)
Old 02-15-04, 03:04 AM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

You're absolutely correct in stating that the SC300 is by no mean fast in today's standard.

However, the interesting thing is that one can always use numbers in two different ways.

For example, given the fact that a great majority of cars on the road today were probably made in the 1990s, the SC300's 7.4sec 0-60mph is still considered respectable. Because most of the higher performance cars you listed only constitute a very minor population amongst all cars out there.

I'd say the majority of cars are still Camrys, Accords, Civics, Tauruses, Corsicas, etc or 90s Ford 150 and Chevy Silverados. If that's the case, then a SC3, even in stock form equipped with auto tranny, should still be able to beat most cars on the road today.

Jon

Originally posted by Inabj2
If you have an auto sc300, a Every naturally aspirated 4 banger faster then a Nissan Sentra SE-R V spec can beat you, fastest being the lotus Elise slowest being the nissan Sentra SE-R Vspec, theres about 12 cars that are slightly faster then you to progressively faster.. You can beat every naturally aspirated 4 banger below this (Over 100 different models fall to this category.). Some by barely only.

Forcedindudtion 4 bangers, almost every turbo 4 banger with exception of the older probe, hyundai Scoupe early 90s GTI and jetta the superchaged and other similar cars are faster then you. Theres about 21 car models faster then you that fall into this category.

Rotary powered cars. the RX8 can beat you, the Turbo II and the RX7 TT can also tear you a new one.
Turbocharged 5 cylinder cars, all current Turbocharged 5 cylinder are by volvo, and if you have an auto, they will also beat you, about 7 car models fall into this category.

Naturally aspirated 6 cylinder cars. Theres about 65 Naturally aspirated models that could beat a auto (same models of different years counted again, like maxima has 2 spots in this list for the VQ30DE #51 and VQ35DE powered models #20 for example) SC300. Most of this cars being only slightly faster.. This list from the fastest range from the Porsche GT3, 360 hp 3.6 Liter Flat 6. To the slowest Pontiac Grand Prix GT.

Forced Induction 6 cylinder cars that can beat an AUTO sc300...number around 19 from fastest a Porsche GT2 to the slowest Being Buick GS Supercharged.

Naturally aspirated 8 cylinder cars number around 61 From the fastest being a Ferrari 360 Stradale to slowest being a Ford Crown Victoria.. which might be a very close call vs an auto sc300.

Most cars above (Forced Inducted V8s, V10s, V12's and more) this are faster with exception of the V10 Ford Triton powered trucks and Older Dodge Rams.

Some extreme kit cars are excluded from this list....

Still not done with my list so numbers maybe off by a bit...... (to much free time...)
Old 02-19-04, 08:49 AM
soarerboy
Driver

Unhappy

dang ... im sad now
Old 02-19-04, 11:28 AM
bishop977
Driver

wondering how would a 1992 sc300 auto stand up against a 1999 maxima manual, 1995 maxima auto and 2001 -2002 acura 3.2 cl type s. because my friend said his 1995 max auto can beat this car.
Old 02-22-04, 05:44 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

If your friend has a VQ30DE powered Maxima SE, then your friend could possibly be right, although itd be a close race. Remember though only if its the SE.

Newer VQ30DE-K Maximas will beat the SC300 every time. (I know from experience.) And the VQ35DE maximas would slaughter our cars.

And against an Acura CL-S, save yourself the embarrasment, and don't even bother. You will lose, and you will lose badly. There over a second and a half difference between the 2 cars in the quarter mile.

Right now, im considering an Intake and the Apexi AFC, to see if I can decrease the gap between my SC300, and today's better performing cars.
Old 02-22-04, 07:26 PM
bishop977
Driver

Originally posted by Inabj2
If your friend has a VQ30DE powered Maxima SE, then your friend could possibly be right, although itd be a close race. Remember though only if its the SE.

Newer VQ30DE-K Maximas will beat the SC300 every time. (I know from experience.) And the VQ35DE maximas would slaughter our cars.

And against an Acura CL-S, save yourself the embarrasment, and don't even bother. You will lose, and you will lose badly. There over a second and a half difference between the 2 cars in the quarter mile.

Right now, im considering an Intake and the Apexi AFC, to see if I can decrease the gap between my SC300, and today's better performing cars.
intersting.....well the 1995 max auto don't think thatt one is the SE model. i know the manual 1998 max is SE. thats what i thought about the acura too..