SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
View Poll Results: Which one would you choose?
Supra
38.89%
SC300
61.11%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

What choice should i make help me out? (Supra or SC300)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-05, 10:29 PM
jstyles129
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True indeed I need a supra in my life lol
Old 11-21-05, 11:36 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Supra
Pros: 2JZGTE, Getrag manual if you can find one, some rare targa-top, it's an absolute animal.
Cons: Cop/theif magnet, too many of them been thrashed too much, parts (for me) are more expensive than a Soarer/SC, front space is not bad but you might as well not have a back seat.

Soarer/SC
Pros: Luxury, rare 5-spd manuals, timeless lines, Supra parts interchangeable, roomy for a coupe.
Cons: The usual wear and tear of a car of this age, value depreciation.

Summary: Cliche, but Supras are like a girl with STDs. You wanna hit it but afraid of the consequences

If it was between a late model Supra RZ/GZ with the Getrag 6-spd, leather interior etc and ISN'T trashed for the same price I'd consider one, but otherwise I would much rather my Soarer. To me they've got more class than a lot of other Japanese coupes, however I wouldn't mind a late-model Supra RZ... I like class more than ***

Jose
Old 11-21-05, 11:44 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Soarer_25GTT
Supra
Pros: 2JZGTE, Getrag manual if you can find one, some rare targa-top, it's an absolute animal.
Cons: Cop/theif magnet, too many of them been thrashed too much, parts (for me) are more expensive than a Soarer/SC, front space is not bad but you might as well not have a back seat.

Soarer/SC
Pros: Luxury, rare 5-spd manuals, timeless lines, Supra parts interchangeable, roomy for a coupe.
Cons: The usual wear and tear of a car of this age, value depreciation.

Summary: Cliche, but Supras are like a girl with STDs. You wanna hit it but afraid of the consequences

If it was between a late model Supra RZ/GZ with the Getrag 6-spd, leather interior etc and ISN'T trashed for the same price I'd consider one, but otherwise I would much rather my Soarer. To me they've got more class than a lot of other Japanese coupes, however I wouldn't mind a late-model Supra RZ... I like class more than ***

Jose
Jose, your pick is a no brainer because u have a clean car that comes with a 1jz stock. Ur spoiled A twin turbod Soarer versus a naturally aspirated Supra is no competition. I just hope that the Soarer can still endure the test of time. So far, many nice ones still look reallly good and modern for a 13 year old car.
Old 11-21-05, 11:46 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by One HoT
While Supra's have very exclusive sporty look to it on the exterior, the interior is far inferior compared to a SC. I couldn't stand the plastic door panels and the overall plastic interior layout. The stereo is not at all passenger friendly and the car has no cup holders. As far as comfort and driveability, I couldn't sit or drive the Supra for long periods of time, everything just seem so stiff and uncomfortable. Supra seats hold you tighter than SC seats but, it doesn't have enough cushioning IMO. It seats a bit too low and hugs a little too tight for my personal tastes. Comfort and inflated pricing seemingly drove me away from the Supra market. Although, it's a great car if your into lots of speed and sportiness. All in all, comfort and driveability plays a huge role in my book.

Those are strikes I have against personally owning a Supra. I still feel the perfect car is a SC with a 2JZGTE. Comfort, style, speed and luxury all-in-one!

My advice is to figure out whats more important to you and narrow your choice down with that. Whatever choice it might be, it'll be a good one since they are both very solid cars!
A nice 2jzgte SC is everyones wet dream on here. Unfortunately, due to the complexity of the "swap" and the cost, very very few members on here have done it correctly.
Old 11-22-05, 12:39 AM
jstyles129
Lead Lap

If im not mistaken couldnt you put the 1jz in the N/A supra? Not sure just asking
Old 11-22-05, 02:27 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

I had a Supra and like the SC better; far less attention and complete sleeper effect. Might I also add, it's a lot more practical!! Just my two pesos.
-Justin
Old 11-22-05, 10:13 AM
grimskunk
Driver School Candidate

Get a Supra, and leave the SCs to the people who know they want them.
Old 11-22-05, 01:28 PM
Gibenstein
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jstyles129
If im not mistaken couldnt you put the 1jz in the N/A supra? Not sure just asking
Yes, there is one for sale in the for sale section of supraforums actually. I am not sure what you have to fab though to get them to fit or if there just drop in. I think the big thing with this swap is wiring since only the earlier mkiii supras had the 1jz's.

Last edited by Gibenstein; 11-22-05 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-23-05, 02:40 AM
jstyles129
Lead Lap

Thanks all who replied ive cme to my conclusion that being dunt dah dunnnnnnnnnnn the 5-speed sc300. After weighing my options the sc300 seems to be much more practical for the life I have,and I also thought about what im going to be doing for a living which is real estate and i can pick someone up in a supra just wouldnt be classy. Thanks again all and i welcome myself once again to the lexus family
Old 11-23-05, 06:10 AM
SimplyZBes
Masterhater

Talking Response

If you want a sleeper, go with the SC300. If you want the sports car/race look get the supra. In my opinion, the two cars are very very similar. The supra tend to be very expensive whether it is turbo or not but the bottom line is, they both have the same motor, 2JZGE.
Old 11-23-05, 07:14 AM
legendary
Racer

And you get the love here and in other places.....do you want to be a sheep among wolves or a wolf among wolves?

Basically, I know, I have always loved the SC AND the Supra. The best of both worlds is an SC (Supra Covered-up) that can scoot like these:

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...d.php?p=687885
Old 11-23-05, 08:17 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

If you got the $$$, get the supra. If you don't want to spend $30k for a nice old supra and would rather buy a mint sc300 for 9k and put 20k in mods into it.. then u know the answer.
Old 11-23-05, 11:49 AM
jstyles129
Lead Lap

Yep think im going to go N/A-T and be a straight up sleeper. Cant wait to pull next to beater and blow his doors off in a luxury copue
Old 11-23-05, 12:09 PM
pilip99
Lexus Test Driver

sc all the way!!!
Old 11-23-05, 03:21 PM
sc.Fred
Instructor

that's koo that you're interested in the SC.

however, a black on black SC is rare in itself

Quick Reply: What choice should i make help me out? (Supra or SC300)