Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yeah

I'd like one too
Old 03-31-03, 05:12 PM
AussieSoarer
Driver School Candidate

My Email is autotech1@ozemail.com.au if you guys are serious let me know and we can see what can be organized...Will work out Costing and postage to the US in US Dollars,,Ok.
Old 03-31-03, 06:11 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default cost?

If it's 7000 Australian dollars that's the equivalent of 4,231.88 US dollars.
Is that our price for the kit? Is there any import tax?

This will determine if we're SERIOUS
and is there a group discount?

THanks.

Anthracite SC

Last edited by Anthracite SC; 03-31-03 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-31-03, 06:55 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like to see the following
Breakdown of parts (more detailed the better)
company website
total cost shipped to US.
dynanometer readout (if they have one)
do I need to mod the hood?
what type of supercharger is it?

Last edited by VSsc400; 03-31-03 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-31-03, 07:59 PM
AussieSoarer
Driver School Candidate

Pricing for the Kit will be available by the end of the week...I will be fitting the kit to my Soarer in about 6 weeks...I will do a dyno run before and after fitting so you can see the differance.No bonnet modifacation needed as it fits under there...I will inform of kit contents with the costing...Blower will run at 5-6 psi on the factory ECU....And YES,I am seriuos about this kit...It IS Available..It will be produced...This is not a leadon..It has been in design for some 2 years now.....So hold tight folks,Its a comin....And YES it is a cheap kit for you's over there hey..
Old 03-31-03, 08:07 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

bring it on baby!!!
Old 03-31-03, 08:22 PM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

Hell yeah i want to see this Dyno!

Philly
Old 03-31-03, 09:02 PM
Fred Smith
Pole Position

I believe there are dyno results on www.planetsoarer.com
AussieSoarer.. what is your relationship to Andrew? I thought he would be selling it directly?
Peter is right.. it's best to get a new ecu for higher boost when a rising rate FPR is no longer enough. Motec if you're rich, Autronic or Wolf if you're not..

I would also add the following to your parts list:
Transmission
LSD (400+ rwhp is no fun when you just spin one wheel)
Probably need a new driveshaft
Fuel pumps
Fuel lines
8 injectors (you can't more than double the power output with just additional injectors)
2 fuel rails
MAP sensor
Boost controller
Boost gauge
Fuel Pressure Regulator
Turbo timer
Ignition?
Brakes?

Not sure what kind of Garrett turbo you are looking at - must be a standard bearing. My pick is the GT42 or a T72 with BB (around 1700 USD). I don't think Area51 achieved over 350-375rwhp with 10psi supercharged. I also think they blew it up at 10 because of the compression. In tank pumps can be had for 100 USD each. You could probably get away with stock export Supra injectors for 50USD each + cleaning.

I agree it can be done cheaply, but not THAT cheaply.

Oh, and yous is not a real word hey.
Old 03-31-03, 11:59 PM
AussieSoarer
Driver School Candidate

I wouldnt use Petes dyno results as a big guide,,as Andrews is fitted to his Active..there will be a differance on a UZZ31...Which I will be doing on mine....For referance before the dyno,,I have Terry's Extractors (Tex) My intake has been Modified..I'm running 19" wheels...(I could fit High Profile Slicks for a better figure)But Im not,,as we all dont drive around on Drag Tyres...If yous want I will fit 17" wheels for the referances,,,as these are a more common fitment, Choise is up to you's...Also,tell me how you want the figures readout..do you want 2nd gear power run upto Rev Limiter ??? 3rd gear run up to Limiter.Do you want the run done on RPM or KPH (Sorry you will have to convert to miles)...As a Bit of a guide on my car now..........I am pulling around 860 Nm of Torque @ 70 KPH... in 2nd gear..I would be assuming I am going to get over the 1000Nm with the Blower... 3rd gear @ 110KPH I have about 430Nm Torque...Once this kit is fitted,it is up to the Individual on what he/she wants to do.How far he/she wants to go....If you want to increase Injectors....By memory Toyota 3S-GE are the rite Ohm rating for this ECU and they floe a lot more...I will look back into that...
Old 04-01-03, 03:03 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

How did we get from hairdryers to intake heaters? J/K, good luck to all.
Old 04-01-03, 07:31 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

uhohh... this is sounding real! lol- well, we will have to wait and see results, but its promising!
Old 04-01-03, 09:54 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

interesting topic..... lol.... i did it with two T3. there is a thread in the LS forum about my TT project.... i can tell you all about...
Old 04-01-03, 10:06 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default Hold up

I think the topic went off base a bit.

The topic is a SUPERCHARGER from Australia. Unfortunately it's under a turbo SC400 thread.

The list he was talking about was about components for the supercharger.
Old 04-01-03, 10:50 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

SC400TURBO,

You are in my shoes about one year ago. I have done a TT on my LS400. It works with 324.5 rwhp only 8 psi and i feel the stock compression can handle 12-13 psi at least in my setup. I have calculated that the 1UZFE engine will gain 20 rwhp per psi in turbocharging. Slightly less with supercharged. In this summer, i will increase the boost to 12 -13 psi. However, with the success i have with my TT, i faced few failures too. I am sure Jbrady can tell you.

Like other have said, theory sounds better than practice. For example:

1. Stock headers turning upside down would not fit into the engine. I have studied the stock headers many times, i also have a spare engine at home. I am sure JBrady can tell more, but the OEM header is angulated out and turning it upside down would hit the fender. Alot of cutting, no room and still would not work. You need to remove the AC compressor or the powersteering pump. One of each for single and both for twin. I am sure a lot of Lexus SC400 would not willing to loose their powersteering or Air conditioning. For some reasons, you got it fitted, the heat will be a major issue. Secondly, you would not have enough room for engine movements and rotation.

2. Mounting the turbo in front of the engine is another issue.
A. Cooling system will be affected
B. Not enough room for nice size turbo, T3-4 Max
C. Heat generated by the exhaust will melt your belts and wires.

From my experience doing the TT. This is what i can tell you.

Twin Turbo:
1. Low mount turbo system-That is what i have www.lextreme.com
2. Top mount turbo system: Removal of AC and powersteering pump.

Single Turbo:
1. one stock head and one custom header, relocate battery and fuse box. The right oem header will lobe around the tranny and the oil pan and connect to the other side of the custom header. The turbo will seat in place of the battery and the fuse box. AC will be lost. This is commonly done of single turbo mustangs. The cost of a custom header will be very expensive. In order to install the header, believe it or not, the engine need to come off. I would say the engine need to come out two-three times.

Now the cost from $6999 will jump to 10,000 easily. There few things you fail to mentioned. ECU. Are you using piggy back? Stand alone ECU (SAECU). Do u know how much SAECU going for? 2k plus installation and tunning. That will run you another 2-3k., clamps, hoses, fittings. They are expensive.

Turboing the SC400 is a possible task. That is why i am looking for an older SC4 one right now to do my project.
Old 04-01-03, 11:15 AM
Fred Smith
Pole Position

Lextreme.. you hit the nail right on the head. I am worried about my AC. I can't lose that! It is currently right next to a header and it does OK.. I am hoping that with some new lines for it, a lot of heat shielding and ceramic coating, it will be alright.

What are your thoughts on the crossover pipe coming in front of or under the engine? I still can't find a configuration I am happy with for the power steering pump side of the car.

Quick Reply: turbocharging 1992 SC400