Racing harness eye bolts fitment problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-05, 11:06 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Racing harness eye bolts fitment problem

What's up fellas?

Ok here is the deal. I want to fit in my GReddy/Willans racing harness, but the thing is that the eye bolts that came with the harnesses do not seem to fit the bolt holes of the SC. The strangest thing is that these are supposed to be universal metric eye bolts. The fitted on my Honda and nissan just fine, but maybe a bit too large for Toyotas? I have heard of ppl using long bolts holding down 2 links of a chain before, but it is kinda ghetto IMO.

What eyebolts are you guys using? Any other suggestions for rigging or even fabbing a harness point/bolt?

this is what an eye bolt looks like:

Old 11-30-05, 12:20 AM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm, i don't know how hard it will be to find compatible bolts for your SC but you could have a shop drill and tap new holes for the ones you have. Personally, I don't like that style of mounting. My first car had a set of 3-pt SCROTH harnesses that are actually DOT approved and used the OEM mounting locations and bolts....I've tried a few different harnesses and brands since and I still swear up and down, the SCROTH harnesses were hands down, the best.

http://www.schroth.com/english/container_english.htm
Old 11-30-05, 08:05 AM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by roo
Hmmm, i don't know how hard it will be to find compatible bolts for your SC but you could have a shop drill and tap new holes for the ones you have. Personally, I don't like that style of mounting. My first car had a set of 3-pt SCROTH harnesses that are actually DOT approved and used the OEM mounting locations and bolts....I've tried a few different harnesses and brands since and I still swear up and down, the SCROTH harnesses were hands down, the best.

http://www.schroth.com/english/container_english.htm
You can try a hardware store and look for ones that do fit, just make sure they're grade 8.

I agree with Roo, I've had a pair of Crow CamLocks and they were just too short. So I got the Schroth Camlocks instead. I've been happy with them ever since. I just bolted them down with the stock bolts in the stock locations since they were the non "snap-in" style belts. They look like this:
Attached Thumbnails Racing harness eye bolts fitment problem-20270_profi_ii_fe_asm.jpg