SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Anybody have pics of S2000 seats in a SC

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-05, 09:13 PM
SCV8
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BillTSC300, you can scoop about an inch of the seat's foam out to gain a little more headroom.
I did this after I saw a friend do it to his car. I just took the seat out, peeled back the leather, and used a utility knife to make a grid of shallow, controlled cuts, then picked away at the foam to make a new, lower surface. This makes for better bolstering qualities from the sides of the seats also.
Old 12-05-05, 02:05 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 Integra
All the ones I found were dead links.
You are correct. i know there where at least 2 SC members with the s2000 seats with pics . But i just looked for the past 1/2 hour and all dead links .
But i can tell you i have seen an SC 1st hand with black s2000 seats. and they looked awesome. They didnt look out of place a bit. And fit perfect. IMO I would say they fit in with the interior of our cars just as well as Supra seats. Maybe better. But they do require a little more work to install. But not too bad.
I was shopping around for them about a year ago myself, but just never pulled the trigger. the weight reduction alone is worth considering them......Damn it., When i want something i get obsessed with it.....seeing this post is making me want em again.
Old 12-05-05, 02:56 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
It's no more helpful than not posting at all.
then why are you getting into it?

anyway, yes any type of seats with 'race-style holes' in it would look out of place in the SC, especially in any form except for competitive.
Old 12-05-05, 03:33 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
He did search. Read the thread before suggesting something he already did; It's no more helpful than not posting at all.
Originally Posted by Xotic sC
Let the strife die gentlemen. Please.
Old 12-07-05, 12:46 AM
duckworth
Rookie

Originally Posted by Xotic sC

anyway, yes any type of seats with 'race-style holes' in it would look out of place in the SC, especially in any form except for competitive.
is this your opinion or some law somewhere?

BillTSC300, you can scoop about an inch of the seat's foam out to gain a little more headroom.
i may try that because i'm tired of leaning toward the sunroof opening so i can sit up straight.......i'm only 6'1" too, and i assume i'm proportioned alright lol...........an extra inch of headroom would be GREAT because i can't lean back or slump to achieve it
Old 12-07-05, 07:33 AM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by duckworth
i may try that because i'm tired of leaning toward the sunroof opening so i can sit up straight.......i'm only 6'1" too, and i assume i'm proportioned alright lol...........an extra inch of headroom would be GREAT because i can't lean back or slump to achieve it
man i have to do the same thing. or you can just do the gangster lean.haha
Old 12-08-05, 11:25 AM
J J
Driver

Originally Posted by duckworth

I got supra seats. It made a huge difference in head room and blends in great with the rest of the interior. Stock seats are for midgets or children.
Old 12-08-05, 07:13 PM
Xevuhtess7
Pole Position

sucks even more when you wear a helmet for autocross.... have to have the interior sunroof door open and sit offset towards the center of the car to fit, being 6' 1". im really tempted to try removing foam but i dont wanna damage my seats. do aftermarket seats sit lower in general? or does it depend on which seat?
Old 12-08-05, 11:33 PM
turbo6
Pole Position

Does anyone know the weight of S2K seats?

I really want lightweight + comfortable seats, but at the same time I only want black leather and you know how that goes with sparco, bride, etc.... $
Old 12-09-05, 05:06 AM
duckworth
Rookie

Originally Posted by Xevuhtess7
sucks even more when you wear a helmet for autocross.... have to have the interior sunroof door open and sit offset towards the center of the car to fit, being 6' 1". im really tempted to try removing foam but i dont wanna damage my seats. do aftermarket seats sit lower in general? or does it depend on which seat?

i know i had 2 sets of racing seats in my last accord and they both sat about 2.5" lower with the factory style bracket i purchased via the vendor..........don't know if all do, but most do.........they're usually 10x as comfy if you get the correct width too.........i had some cheap tenzoR "rally" style seats once and even they were comfortable as anything i've ever sat in......they were cloth of course......
Old 12-09-05, 08:36 AM
95 Integra
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CantSeeMe
You are correct. i know there where at least 2 SC members with the s2000 seats with pics . But i just looked for the past 1/2 hour and all dead links .
But i can tell you i have seen an SC 1st hand with black s2000 seats. and they looked awesome. They didnt look out of place a bit. And fit perfect. IMO I would say they fit in with the interior of our cars just as well as Supra seats. Maybe better. But they do require a little more work to install. But not too bad.
I was shopping around for them about a year ago myself, but just never pulled the trigger. the weight reduction alone is worth considering them......Damn it., When i want something i get obsessed with it.....seeing this post is making me want em again.

Thanks, finally some people who are listening and not just saying "Do a search." Anyway, I believe the S2k seats weigh in at around 34lbs each. I had a set of red ones that came out of a friends car (I traded him some other seats+cash) but sold them because they were red. Ofcourse this was awhile back before I had a SC300 anyway.
Old 12-09-05, 12:39 PM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

here is for you guys wanting to see what it would look like. im not very good at photoshop yet but atlest this will give you a better idea.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody have pics of S2000 seats in a SC-untitled-2.jpg  
Old 12-11-05, 03:29 PM
lsflame
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i like them
Old 12-11-05, 04:10 PM
ant1k
Lead Lap

yeah those are pretty dope, but hard to find. how much do those usually go for anyways?
Old 12-11-05, 09:48 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ant1k
yeah those are pretty dope, but hard to find. how much do those usually go for anyways?
Theres a guy in san francisco ,thats been trying to sell a set in what looks like excellent condition for several months for 600 on Craigslist .
At least in the Bay Area thats the higher end pricewise from what ive seen. Usually 400-600 a set when available here . They were pretty popular in the bay area so they pop up on Craigslist pretty regularly here.
But, I would imagine they are less available in other areas of the country and maybe cost a little more too?
One other thing worth mentioning is that would be just the front seats .

Quick Reply: Anybody have pics of S2000 seats in a SC