SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

RoO's Wheels (teaser pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-05, 09:00 AM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was looking at that a long time ago... wasn't sure if it would work great for pulling...

Last edited by ummagawd; 12-09-05 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-09-05, 10:05 AM
sc.Fred
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what shop did you get it pulled @?
Old 12-09-05, 01:25 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

yeah, there are 2 settings on the eastwood fender roller. I used the first setting to roll mine and the second one to pull them. I'm only running a 10.5 inch wheel with a 30mm offset, but i'm also using BFG 295/35/18's, not stretched tires
Old 12-09-05, 01:53 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DETUNED
yeah, there are 2 settings on the eastwood fender roller. I used the first setting to roll mine and the second one to pull them. I'm only running a 10.5 inch wheel with a 30mm offset, but i'm also using BFG 295/35/18's, not stretched tires

Hey DETUNED. do you have pics of that set up on your car? I am looking to get some big fatties in the back and wanna c how yours look. I was thinkin about getting 18x10 +22 for a more extreme look. Lemme know what you think.
Old 12-09-05, 07:30 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.aerodyne.net/

good, HONEST, friends of mine. They do good work and you can trust them. Tell them roo sent yah!
Old 12-09-05, 10:38 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

what do you mean two settings? There are two adjustment points is that your talking about?
Old 12-10-05, 12:01 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

My unpopular opinion is

Left = perfect fit

Right = looks like a mexican lowrider.

The wheels look great, but every since our spanish brothern found out how to make a car bowlegged I have hated the look every since. tires that don't fit the wheel, wheels that protrude the fenders........ Just not for me.

Not my personal taste, but I'm not driving it.
Old 12-10-05, 03:39 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
My unpopular opinion is

Left = perfect fit

The wheels look great, but every since our spanish brothern found out how to make a car bowlegged I have hated the look every since. tires that don't fit the wheel, wheels that protrude the fenders........ Just not for me.

The Fuga/M45 has a shadow offset, sold have been about an inch wider....but Work gave us those $4000+ wheels for free so we weren't about to complain

My car is more like a 4x4 than a lowrider in the pics above. I just did a ghetto torch job on the springs to bring it down about 2 inches. I plan on going lower once my coilovers arrive but torching the spings make for weaker spring rates so I lowered just enough where I feel the car is safe from being too bouncy and bottoming out....as predicted, the wheels camber in ever so slightly so that the wheels themselves are perfectly fluch with the edge of the fenders.

As far as the mexican lowrider goes, i think that's more like 13x5J 99999million spoke gold wheels with negative offset....and it's for looks....not my thing at all. Then again, If I was only worried about looks, I would have ran over fenders and did some really crazy wheels. My setup is the best balance of performance/looks I could come up with with minimal work.

new pics after slight lowering....lot better..

Old 12-10-05, 03:56 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Lowering the car get's the wheels out of view more, since they were standing out with so much space from the body. The new look makes it much better. I just don't like the massive protrusion of wheels. Bowlegged was never good after the craze in the early 90's with nissan sentra's and pick up trucks.

Now that it is lowered it doesn't make the wheels stand out as much (and I literally mean out) since the camber is bringing the top of the wheel in quite a bit back to the body.
Old 12-10-05, 05:06 PM
MongolKhan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by roo
http://www.aerodyne.net/

good, HONEST, friends of mine. They do good work and you can trust them. Tell them roo sent yah!
They are good people, i bought most of their corolla gt-s parts they sell when i had my rolla. Good people.

Now, still waiting for lowered pics.
Old 12-11-05, 03:00 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

I'm thinking they might even be sunk when you slam it ? Personally I would not pull the fenders until you have lowered it it and set the camber. Then determine how much pull is needed.

Wheels, stance, and then fitment
Old 12-11-05, 06:53 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TurboTeg
I'm thinking they might even be sunk when you slam it ? Personally I would not pull the fenders until you have lowered it it and set the camber. Then determine how much pull is needed.

Wheels, stance, and then fitment
we compressed the suspension when pulling the fenders so the fenders were rolled to be totally flush at that stance. That's a good point though, need to know not to blindly pull the fenders otherwise you might end up with an oversized pull.
Old 12-11-05, 11:52 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
My unpopular opinion is
Left = perfect fit

Its nice to see someone thinks like i do.
Exactly what i was thinking when i saw them mounted. All that was missing was the other 196 gold wire spokes. Personally, i think the wheels would look great if you had fenders to match and a better fitting tire, i mean, theyre the same wheels i have myself but i dont even want to start going off on what i think about mismatched offsets.

first, you DONT have a widebody car
second, you DONT have an aggressive fender profile. i mean, sure you pulled them, but you might as well have slapped on some chrome fenders from a gmc safari
And that tire profile just makes it look like you couldnt afford right sized tires. i mean wide wheel = wide tire right? i thought that was the point.

Im sorry i dont share the same opinions as 90% of the people on this board trying to get so much lip that you have to run enough negative camber that you roll on the inside lip of the wheel.
i mean sure, to each his own, but i sure am glad those arent mine.
Old 12-12-05, 12:11 AM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rscott
Its nice to see someone thinks like i do.
Exactly what i was thinking when i saw them mounted. All that was missing was the other 196 gold wire spokes. Personally, i think the wheels would look great if you had fenders to match and a better fitting tire, i mean, theyre the same wheels i have myself but i dont even want to start going off on what i think about mismatched offsets.

first, you DONT have a widebody car
second, you DONT have an aggressive fender profile. i mean, sure you pulled them, but you might as well have slapped on some chrome fenders from a gmc safari
And that tire profile just makes it look like you couldnt afford right sized tires. i mean wide wheel = wide tire right? i thought that was the point.

Im sorry i dont share the same opinions as 90% of the people on this board trying to get so much lip that you have to run enough negative camber that you roll on the inside lip of the wheel.
i mean sure, to each his own, but i sure am glad those arent mine.
See now, I can respect OLT's opinion because he presented it as an opinion....but when you come out talking crap about my setup like that It makes me want to tell you that your mismatched color, poorly sized wheels with shadow offsets on your car look like crap....but, then again, this is more mature...

Originally Posted by rscott
please keep your bitterness to yourself and do no post comments like this on the board.

Hmmm, yes, you should really take your own advice...
Old 12-12-05, 12:13 AM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

you got me =)
but how much more matched is gold to black than gunmetal to white?

im out on this one.
it was immature to make it more statement than opinion and i apologize. i realized that after i read over it.

Quick Reply: RoO's Wheels (teaser pics)