SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

So My car got Featured in SuperStreet & Modified Mags

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-05, 12:38 PM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinda new to the board, so I don't have the pleasure of knowing u Emerald - but I've seen u'r site and I actually saw both articles before seeing this thread!

Great job on the car and thanks for sharing the pics!
Old 12-22-05, 02:57 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to see that DaveGS is on the ball in this thread..

Awesome ride Em! Nice pictures as well Keep up the GREAT work!

And I hope my final comment is tooooo off topic,

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE and have a WONDERFUL NEW YEARS to you and your families!
Old 12-23-05, 08:17 AM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

holy crap, after reading a few others threads involving Em and her car, i can see why she wouldnt want to come around these forums and post often anymore, all that ever happens when her or her car is involved is a lot of bashing, and **** talking about both her and the car . thats ridiculous. her car is a amazing, weather its your style or not, you have to admire the car, and especially Emerald, for all the hard work that SHE has done to it, her car was the first for a lot of things in the sc tuning world, if it wasnt for her, an people like her we wouldnt be able to enjoy the ever growing availability of aftermarket parts for these cars... how can members of CL be so narrowminded and disrespectful towards not only her, but also the other CL og's? ive only been a member of the forums for a year now and ive even begun to notice that the new member quality has gone severely downhill. some people just have no respect for anyone elses hard work and well deserved recognition anymore, in fact ive noticed a lot of the CL og's dont post as much anymore... people who own lexus' need to be more like their car, classy, we dont want to be grouped into the same category as the other import tuners out there, we should hold the same high standards of excellence that lexus has when developing a new car for ourselves as well. something needs to be done about these problem people, i say that if anybody makes even 1 unconstructive negative comment about someone or their car, they should get banned for a week, maybe more depending on the offence. this problem is getting serious, and it needs to be handled before it gets any worse, im not trying to tell moderators how to do their job, but rather offering ideas to get a handle on a serious situation.

thats my $.02 anyways...

i personally would like to see Emerald come around a little more often, her and her car inspired me on my own car, and im sure other people as well
Old 12-23-05, 08:38 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,287 Likes on 1,393 Posts

Originally Posted by FortuneSC
holy crap, after reading a few others threads involving Em and her car, i can see why she wouldnt want to come around these forums and post often anymore, all that ever happens when her or her car is involved is a lot of bashing, and **** talking about both her and the car . thats ridiculous. her car is a amazing, weather its your style or not, you have to admire the car, and especially Emerald, for all the hard work that SHE has done to it, her car was the first for a lot of things in the sc tuning world, if it wasnt for her, an people like her we wouldnt be able to enjoy the ever growing availability of aftermarket parts for these cars... how can members of CL be so narrowminded and disrespectful towards not only her, but also the other CL og's? ive only been a member of the forums for a year now and ive even begun to notice that the new member quality has gone severely downhill. some people just have no respect for anyone elses hard work and well deserved recognition anymore, in fact ive noticed a lot of the CL og's dont post as much anymore... people who own lexus' need to be more like their car, classy, we dont want to be grouped into the same category as the other import tuners out there, we should hold the same high standards of excellence that lexus has when developing a new car for ourselves as well. something needs to be done about these problem people, i say that if anybody makes even 1 unconstructive negative comment about someone or their car, they should get banned for a week, maybe more depending on the offence. this problem is getting serious, and it needs to be handled before it gets any worse, im not trying to tell moderators how to do their job, but rather offering ideas to get a handle on a serious situation.

thats my $.02 anyways...

i personally would like to see Emerald come around a little more often, her and her car inspired me on my own car, and im sure other people as well
Fortune,

Right now you are contributing to the problem rather than helping it, and you're taking this thread way off track ... bottom line let the moderators do their job, if you have a comment or suggestion PM me or the mod team, or put a post in the site suggestions forum. Even though I agree with many of your sentiments, putting your diatribe here in this thread is not constructive.

In this thread and others involving Emerald (and other threads in the SC forum as well) the moderators have stepped up their involvement and have I think done a good job dealing with those who have been far less than considerate. You've quoted my post about re-establishing sense of community in a prior response, please act on the sentiments in that thread rather than continue to complain about the problem.

Back on track to Emeralds magazine coverage from this point forward please

Last edited by DaveGS4; 12-23-05 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-23-05, 09:12 AM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

i apologize,
and i have no problem talking about Emeralds car
love it, and she has my support 100%
Old 12-23-05, 11:59 PM
legendary
Racer

Thanks Dave. We are here and you have been on it.

Guys, lets get it together,
Old 12-25-05, 09:13 PM
Lexatron
Rookie

This coming from another Sea-town SC owner...

omfg! Go, Em! Go! All too impressive, girl.

Trying to get together with Chris D. (says he knows you) to look at some mods myself.

93 SC400

Last edited by Lexatron; 12-25-05 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-06-06, 07:45 AM
jhoff52060
Driver School Candidate

Default uti

uti in chicago has a goat with a turbo in the rear made an extra hundred horses on the dyno impressive and very very hard to make...good job on your car and your car and the origins body kits is why i want a sc400
Old 01-06-06, 05:28 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Em....it's been awhile girl
Both features were very well done, and the car looks stunning. No one deserves it more than you. Wishing you and Marcus a great 2006.
Talk to you soon,
- Jon